The Storm

You're Not Sorry
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N hey everyone! here's the chapter you've been waiting for. Happy new year! :)

 

“Hey, sorry to keep you waiting.”

“No problem. I just came too.”

They called the waiter and ordered some coffee. Siwon was looking at his watch frequently while Taeng was just enjoying his cup of latte. He smiled to himself when he remembered the latte that Tiffany has made for him.

“Why are you smiling like an idiot?”

Taeng looked up from the cup and grinned. “Nothing, just thought of something.”

“A penny for your thought?”

He shook his head. “It’s just something silly.” He shrugged. “So, what’s up? Is there any problem with the tracks I gave you?”

“No, no. So far it’s all good.”

“So?”

“I just want to discuss about the production matter. Do you want to be involved in the making of the design?”

“Hurm, I’m not really an artsy person.”

“So that means?”

“I’ll leave all of that to your team. I trust you. I just want to be there during the recording session.”

“Sure. We’ll call you once we started recording.”

“Yeah.”

They sat there awkwardly, finding nothing else to talk about. It’s odd that they managed to work together when the awkward aura was always there around them.

A person entered the café, and Siwon smirked to himself when he saw who it was. ‘Just on time.’

“Hey, isn’t that your girlfriend?”

“Hurm?” Taeng snapped his head towards the direction Siwon was pointing at. He saw her, and his face started to brighten at the sight. “Yeah, what’s she doing here?”

“Want to go over there?”

Taeng shook his head. He got a better idea, his playfulness started to emerge whenever his girlfriend is around. He took his phone out and called his girlfriend.

“Hello?”

“Hi darling. Miss me?”

“Taetae, why are you calling me?”

“Just. Answer my question.”

Tiffany peeks around the café, before she answered her boyfriend. “I miss you.”

Taeng smiled and saw her girlfriend’s blush on her cheeks from across the room.  He was satisfied with her answer. “I miss you too baby. Where are you now?”

“I’m meeting my friend.”

“Oh, really? Where? Do you want me to come and accompany you?”

“No!” Tiffany answered quickly. “I just, we’re just going to catch up. I don’t want you to be awkward sitting with us.”

“Oh, if you said so.”

“Where are you right now?”

“Somewhere.”

“Where?”

“Take a guess.”

“Taetae~~” Tiffany whined.

Taeng chuckled. “Hey, gotta go. My plane is here.”

“PLANE?! Where are you going KIM TAENG?” Tiffany questioned furiously.

Taeng laughed at his girlfriend’s reaction. “Relax, I was just kidding. I’m not flying anywhere. But I really need to go.”

“Oh, okay. See you tonight, Taetae.”

“Yeah, see you soon.” He chuckled at his own joke. “Love you.”

“Love you too.”

Taeng hung up. He smirked mischievously.

“You really like to play pranks on her huh?” Siwon asked.

“Yeah, it’s fun seeing her fooled by the oldest tricks in the book.”

Siwon laughed. ‘She’s still that gullible. Stupid girl.’

“Anyway, can you wait for me here? I want to say ‘hi’ to her.”

“Hey, no worries. I guess we’re done talking, so I think I’ll leave you with your girlfriend.”

“Are you sure? I mean, she’s here to see her friend. She doesn’t want me here with her.”

“Just keep her company then, until her friend comes.” Siwon stood up. “I’m leaving now. If I have anything more to discuss, I’ll give you a call.”

“Yeah, sure.”

Taeng watched Siwon left the diner before his eyes finding his girlfriend again. Although it was only her back, he knows that it indeed was his girlfriend. He found her sitting at a table that was far deeper into the diner.  And it seemed that her friend has already showed up. Taeng frowned when he saw the face of the man sitting in front of her. It made things worse when he saw the person stealthily held his girlfriend’s hand that was conveniently on the table.

He didn’t do anything, he froze in his seat. Just watching them conversing with each other and the occasional touches here and there. His heart felt like it was stabbed repeatedly with those gestures, but he just held it in, suppressing the pain.

Call him a masochist, but he wants to know just how far they’ll go. Just how far his heart could hurt and crack. He couldn’t believe that his girlfriend would do this to him, meeting the person he despises behind his back.

Two hours have gone by and the two persons were getting up from their table and were heading out of the diner after making a payment. He watched them exited the building and followed them out discreetly.

The guy offered to send her home but she declined it, saying something that he couldn’t quite hear it. He felt relieved at that moment that his girlfriend refused his offer, but the next scene made him wish that he had stopped them sooner, or that he wasn’t there to witness ‘it’.

*CLANG!*

‘Can you hear it? That’s the sound of my heart breaking.’

 

***

 

“So that jerk decided not to come after all.” Thomas scoffed. “That coward.”

“Did he call you too?”

“Yeah, he said that he want to see the both of us. I thought it was odd that he wanted to meet us in a public place. He was always conscious of his image.”

Tiffany stayed quiet.

“Are you okay?”

“Yeah.”

“Why do you look so worried? Nothing would happen, Tiffany.”

“But he threatened to hurt Taeng.”

“Taeng can take care of himself. It’s you that I’m worry about. I mean, why did you agree on meeting him in the first place? I thought I told you not to see him alone.”

“He was stalking me anyway. We bumped into him the other day. Me and Taeng. And he looked very friendly with him.”

“He’s probably acting like that to annoy you. Just ignore him, Tiffany.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter