The Calm

You're Not Sorry
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N

New chapter. it's short but significant. and hey happy 12/12/12.

i don't know what's the hype about the date, but it's been crazy in my Timeline.

 

Tiffany huffed for the nth time before burying her head in the books that were spread out on the table. She was tired, sleepy and hungry too. But she hasn’t even covered most of the topics that were going to come out in the exams on Monday.

She turned her head towards the person who was so busy and engrossed in whatever he was doing right now. Seeing how relaxed he was, she grew more frustrated and heaved a huge sigh.

Taeng heard the sigh and cocked his head to look at his girlfriend. He smiled and held in his laugh when he saw how she was acting. He put down his favorite gadget down and walked towards her with a cheeky smile.

“Take a break, Fany-ah.”

“I can’t.” She answered with still her head faced down on the table. “I still have so many things to study.”

“You’ve been studying for hours.”

“And I know nothing yet.”

Taeng chuckled. “That’s nonsense. You know a lot, Fany. Don’t stress yourself. You’re going to do well in the exams.”

“Easy for you to say, you were born a genius.” She mumbled out and rubbed her sore neck.

He didn’t know what to answer to that, so he remained quiet. He got a random idea and put his hands on her shoulders, slightly putting pressure and massaging them to relieve her tensed muscles. “Let’s go out and eat.”

“We can just eat here.”

“No, let’s eat out and take a walk after that.”

She shook her head. “That would take too long.”

Taeng bent down and pecked her cheek. “I know you’re hungry and tired now. So, just trust me on this. You’re going to feel more refreshed after taking a night walk.”

“No.” She declined again.

He sighed before leaving Tiffany there and went into her bedroom. He grabbed Tiffany’s sweater and backpack before turning off the lights in there. He proceeded to the living room and started to pack up her papers and books.

“What are you doing?” She eyed him suspiciously. She saw him putting her books and pencil case into her backpack.

“I’m not taking ‘No’ for an answer.”

“But Taeng…”

“We’re going for a late dinner and taking a stroll at the park there. There would be chairs and tables there, and once you get your mood back you can continue to study there while enjoying the night breeze.”

“I don’t want to.”

“I’m making you want to. Remember your words, Fany.”

She groaned, annoyed that she was trapped by her own words. “Fine. But if I can’t find the mood to study there, I’ll kick your for making me go out tonight.”

Taeng satisfyingly grinned. “Be my guest.”

***

“So how is it?”

“What?”

“In the mood yet?”

“No.” She lied.

Taeng laughed amusedly, he knows that his girlfriend was glad that they took the night stroll there. It was written all over her face. He knows how Tiffany loves watching the skies at night.

They were now sitting on one of the chairs provided at the park.

“You can take out your books now.”

She groaned. “Can I not?”

He chuckled. “We’re here so that you’ll get back your study mood. I can see that you’re feeling much better now compared to when we’re stuck in the house all day. So now, start studying Missy.”

“Why are you so bossy today?” She complained but her hands were already ping her backpack and took out her books. She put them on the table and opened it to the last chapter that she has reviewed back when they’re in her house.

“Because my girlfriend is an uptight nerd that she insisted on spending a nice Saturday indoors when we should be having fun out in the sun.”

“We have exams, Taeng. When are you going to get that fact into your skull?”

“I know. But I don’t like seeing you stressed yourself like this. Come on, loosen up.”

“I can’t, I have to get good results so that I can qualify for a scholarship.”

“You will. And even if you didn’t manage to get one, I’ve already told you that I can help you out.”

“But I don’t want your help.” She pouted.

He frowned. “You’re my girlfriend. It’s my duty to help you.”

“But not by giving me money or stuffs. I don’t want to take things so easily from you.”

“I’m giving it to you with an open heart. You’re not taking anything from me.”

“Still, it’s like I’m living off you.”

“I told you that I don’t mind.”

“But I…”

“Enough okay.” He stopped their conversation before it could turn into an argument. “Let’s talk about it after the exams. Right now, you should just focus on doing your best, no matter how the results would turn out. Effort never fails you.” He smiled assuringly at his girlfriend.

“Alright. Thanks Taeng for taking me out today.” She gave him a grateful smile.

“You’re welcome. Just take it easy okay, don’t overwork yourself. You have nothing to worry about. You’ll do great.” He wrapped his arms around her and pulled her to give a kiss on her forehead.

She didn’t answer him and only nodded her head meekly, still worrying about the exams that would be coming in just two days.

 

The day that Tiffany and her friends were waiting for finally came. They stood outside the examination hall, anxiously, waiting to be called in to take their papers.

Tiffany was especially nervous about it, she felt like her whole life depends on how she’ll do with the papers she’s going to sit for. It’s her whole future, decided on a mere paper. She started to become restless and she was constantly moving outside the hall’s entrance.

“Relax, Fany-ah.”

 She heard her boyfriend said to her. She looked at him and saw him giving her an assuring smile.

“You’re going to do well. I know you would.” He walked towards her and gave her a hug. “You’re the most clever girl I’ve known, I’m sure you’ll ace it.”

She gave him a weak smile as her boyfriend gave her a kiss on her forehead. Although what he said it’s true, she didn’t want to be overconfident about it.

He took her hand in his and intertwined them. “Come on, let’s get this over with.” He pulled her with him to enter the hall when they were finally allowed in.

They walked hand in hand towards the table they were assigned to and took their seats. Coincidentally, Tiffany was placed right beside her boyfriend, and that managed to give her an assurance that she’ll be okay.

The exams started as Tiffany opened her paper and read the first question. She smiled to herself when she saw what question that was asked. In fact, she has answered this same question before when she was studying with her boyfriend, although, she was the only one who did the studying. Taeng only accompanied her, by sitting beside her and gave her the occasional massages and cheering her up.

She looked to her right and saw her boyfriend was eyeing her. He looked worried. Not for him, obviously, but for her. She gave her a smile to assure him that she was okay, and that he has nothing to be worried about.

Taeng smiled when he saw her girlfriend, he gave her a thumb up sneakily, before looking back to his paper to write down his answer. It was easy for him, since it’s his favorite subject and the one he’s best at. Calculus. How great is that.

***

“So how was it?” He asked her curiously as they stepped out of the hall.

“I think it’s okay.”

“Okay? Come on, it was easy.”

She gave him a pout. “For you.”

He chuckled and pinched her cheeks. “I think you did great.” He pecked her lips briefly and was going to make it deeper when they were interrupted.

“Woahh, making out again?” Dennis said at the couple.

“Almost. You er.”

Dennis laughed. “Let’s go and celebrate.”

“Seriously? We’re only done with three subjects. There’s two more.”

“Ah, screw it. The rest of the subjects are English and History. How hard can it be?”

“Pretty hard.” Yul interjected. “I was never good at me

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter