Stupid Heart

You're Not Sorry
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N

hi readers! and new subscribers~~! I'm back! it's fast right right? hehe..

enjoy another chapter of mine. get your tissues ready, or not.

Tiffany was woken up by the sound of the buzzer. She fell asleep while she was on the phone, calling Taeng repeatedly, but to no avail. She stood up from the bed and trotted towards her front door. When she opened it, she was surprised to see who it was.

Yul was standing in front of her front door, holding on to a sleeping Taeng.

“Tae..”

Tiffany couldn’t finish her words when Taeng was shoved towards her. She struggled to keep herself and Taeng in balance because the weight was obviously too much for her.

“He’s yours for the night. I don’t care how you do it, keep him out of trouble.” Yul spoke sternly.

“But…”

“I can’t bring him to his house because his dad would be mad. And my house is off limits too because there will be too many questions to answer.”

“He will be mad…”

“I don’t care. He’s already mad as he can be.” Yul replied harshly.

Tiffany was frozen for a minute before the smell of alcohol awakened her. “Is he drunk?”

“Yeah.”

“Is it because of me?”

Yul snickered. “Of course, what else?”

He walked into the apartment watching Tiffany put the drunk Taeng on the couch.

Tiffany was now staring at Taeng intensely. She can see the marks on his fists.

“Take a good look, Tiffany. Because this is what you’ve done to him.”

“I…”

“Was it all an act, Tiffany?” Yul was angry because he really is protective of his friend. It was absurd for Tiffany to take Taeng’s love easily.

“What?”

“Your love towards him.”

“Of course not!” Tiffany denied.

“Taeng hasn’t told me anything yet, all he said was that you’ve cheated on him. God damn it, Tiffany. Just tell me what really happened?”

Tiffany bit her lips, guiltily. “He saw Tommy kissed me.”

Yul banged the coffee table startling Tiffany. “You did what?!”

“I didn’t do anything. Thomas, he…”

“Exactly. You didn’t do anything. You should’ve stopped seeing that guy. I told you he was trouble. Now look at where he got you into?”

“It’s not his entire fault.”

“So you let him kiss you on purpose?”

“NO!” Tiffany quickly denied. “I pushed him away! But…”

“But it was too late. Taeng already saw it, didn’t he?” Yul cut Tiffany off. “You know, I’ll always believe that Taeng forgives you too easily. Even before, he let you go off easily even if it was your fault.” He huffed. “But I guess he just had too much this time. I’m actually glad that he’s not going to go easy on you this time.”

Tiffany stayed quiet and blinked her eyes, her tears threatening to fall. Her guilt was eating her inside.

“You took him for granted, Tiffany. And I don’t even know why you did it. It’s like you’re just playing with him.”

 “I love him, Yul.” She defended himself as she reflected on herself.

“Then why the doctor’s around? You keep on stringing him along, but you tell us a different story.”

She bit her lips until she can taste a little blood. “I don’t love Thomas. I love Taeng. He is my life.”

 “Prove it. Prove that you love him.”

“I’m trying but I can’t if he keeps on ignoring me. You saw how he was on the rooftop. I can’t bear another stunt like that. It hurts.” She gulped. “It really hurts.” Her voice was faltering.

“So? You’re gonna give up? Just like that? I thought you said you’re going to keep on trying?”

“I’ll never give up!” She said sternly. “I won’t give up on him.” She stared at the sleeping figure on the couch miserably.

Yul stared at the quiet Tiffany and his sleeping friend before taking a step towards the door.

 “I promised Jessica that I’ll help you. So this is your last chance, Tiffany. I brought him here, to your home.” Yul sighed regretting his decision a bit. ‘Will this help him or make him worse?’.

“I won’t be helping you anymore after this.”

Tiffany heard Yul’s words and looked towards the door. She only managed to see the door closed on her. She felt like crying her eyes out hearing those words, it’s like she’s been abandoned. It’s high school all over again. All her ‘friends’ abandoned her after she was publicly humiliated by Siwon and right now it’s happening again.

But she did not care about that at the moment, all she cares was Taeng.

She wiped a tear that fell down and proceeded to lead Taeng towards her bedroom and set him down on her bed. She took off his shoes and jacket, loosening a few buttons on his shirt. She went into her bathroom to take a wet towel.

She cleaned Taeng’s face and wiped his hands clean. After she was done, she covered her boyfriend with a blanket and switched off the lights before going to the living room to sleep on the couch. She didn’t want Taeng to push her away in the morning, it’ll be too much for her wounded heart.

 

Tiffany woke up in the middle of the night when she heard mumblings coming from her room. She stood up and walked into the room only to see her boyfriend tossing and turning on the bed. His eyebrows were scrunching, sweats running down his face. His mouth was muttering incoherent words.

Tiffany was at his side in a flash and cupped his face to check on his temperature. His body was burning against her skin. She panicked and went into the bathroom to take out a towel to be put onto his forehead to cool down his body temperature.

She sat beside him, tending to him all night because she couldn’t stand seeing him in pain. He kept on tossing and turning, muttering incoherent words.  It made her feel useless when she couldn’t help with his bad dreams.

“Mommy! Don’t. Don’t leave me.”

Tiffany saw a tear escape from his eyes. She immediately wiped it with her thumb.

“You left, Mommy. And she left me too.” He groaned in his dream.

She burst into tears hearing that. She felt the pain in her heart doubled hearing those words coming from her boyfriend. She felt guilty for causing him to be this way.

“Taetae, wake up.” Her voice was soft. She shook him to wake him up. “I’m not leaving. I’m right here.” She struggled with her words as her tears kept on running down her face.

“Fany doesn’t love me. She lied.” He gritted his teeth, eyes still closed. “Just like how you lied to me.”

“I love you, Taetae. Please believe me.”

Taeng heard those words and began to gain consciousness. He stirred in the bed before opening his eyes. It was kind of blurry since it was dark, but he saw his girlfriend crying beside him, burying her face in her hands. For a second there, he felt the same urge again, to wrap his arms around her and comfort her. It’s like his natural instinct.

“Taetae…” Tiffany looked up and saw his eyes staring at hers.

But those images started to cloud his mind again, and he felt angry again. He wanted to scream at her, to tell her to go away, but he was too weak. His head was aching, and his heart was bleeding. “Why are you still here?” He only managed to utter those words.

Tiffany felt a strike of pain striking her heart when she heard his cold voice. Her cries were getting louder.

Taeng felt the pain in his head throbbing and he felt sick in his stomach. He struggled to get up from the bed, but a hand stopped him.

“Don’t go.”

Taeng pushed her away and stood up. But because of standing too fast, Taeng started to feel dizzy and right before he could take a step, he threw up the contents of his weak body all over the floor.

Tiffany was shocked, she managed to catch Taeng before he would fall down in the puddle of vomit and put him back to her bed.

“Taetae!”

Taeng closed his eyes, trying to ease the throb in his head. He felt exhausted and fell back to sleep after a couple of minutes, the last thing he sees before closing his eyes was Tiffany’s worried ones staring

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter