I miss you

You're Not Sorry
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Tiffany, are you alright?”Jessica’s voice broke her thoughts.

“Huh? Of course.”Tiffany replied.

“You’ve been zoning out. Got anything on your mind?”

“Just about studies.”

When Jessica about to reply, Yul came into their class and hugged her from behind.

“Hi baby. I miss you.”

“I miss you too, Seobang. But you just got back from the toilet.”

Yul grinned. “I miss you already. By the way, do you want to come with me to visit Taeng after school?”

“What happened to Taeng?”Tiffany interrupted the two lovers. She hasn’t seen Taeng for a week now. Taeng hasn’t contacted her yet, so she thought it might be because Taeng was still in Japan.

“He’s been absent for a week. You haven’t noticed?”Yul answered Tiffany while releasing his hug.

“I know, but he said he’s going to be in Japan?”

“Yup. He just got back yesterday. He caught a high fever during the trip. He’s been working too much.”

‘Why he didn’t tell me?’Tiffany thought to herself.

“Can I come with you?”Said Tiffany.

“Err. I don’t know. Taeng doesn’t like visitors. Especially in his condition right now.”Yul answered hesitatingly.

“But you’re visiting him with Jessica later.”Tiffany argued.

“It’s fine if it’s me or Jessica. But I don’t know if he’ll like it if you see him sick. That’s why he didn’t tell anyone about it.”

“Don’t tell him I’m coming then.”

“Alright. But if he got mad, you’ll take the blame, okay.”

“Yeah. Don’t worry.”

 

Taeng was sleeping in his bed, with his feet sprawled out. His phone rang disturbing his sleep, and he annoyingly kicked it away from him. When his phone continued ringing, he sat up and looked around for his phone with his eyes still close.

“Hello?”Taeng answered roughly.

“Taeng? You sounded like a bear. Anyway, I’m here in front of your gate. Tell your butler to let me in.”

“Ugh. Fine.”Taeng groaned.

Taeng called for his butler to let his friends in. His butler immediately obliged to his sick master.

Yul led the girls to Taeng’s bedroom upstairs, he had been there countless time before so he knows his way around the house. When they got into Taeng’s bedroom, they found that Taeng wasn’t in his bed or in his room.

“Where’s Taeng” Yul asked to no one. The room was big, that but Taeng was nowhere in there. The girls were puzzled too, when they saw an empty bed.

“Taeng! Where are you? Oh my god. I hope nothing bad happened to you.”Yul screamed hysterically. Just then, the bathroom’s door opened and Taeng came out of it with only a boxer on.

“Stop with your drama, Yul.”He walked passed by Yul failing to notice the other two girls in his room.

“You’re supposed to stay in your bed.”Yul said while looking at Taeng who was searching something in his wardrobe.

“Am I supposed to wet the bed then? Besides, I was going to take a bath when you came in. What are you doing here really? You came yesterday too. It’s a hassle for me to entertain you if you keep coming every day. I’m a sick person you know. I have to sleep and eat regularly. But if you keep on coming here, disturbing my sleep time, how am I supposed to get better?”Taeng’s rambling went on and on. It was one of his habits when he’s sick and only few people knew about it.

That’s why Yul likes to come to Taeng’s house whenever he’s sick. He loves that side of Taeng.

Yul beamed widely at the girls. “Ladies, you’re now seeing a nagging Taeng.” He announced at them. Taeng finally turned his back to face Yul and saw the two girls staring at him.

“Err. Hi, ladies.”Taeng greeted awkwardly.

“Hey Taeng.”Tiffany greeted back but she was looking away from him. Taeng was surprised at Tiffany’s presence and stared at her. He missed her.

“Put on some shirt boy.”Jessica replied sarcastically.

Taeng took a shirt straight away from his wardrobe and wore it over his body.

“What are you doing here?”He asked to the girls.

“Visiting you. How’s your fever?”Jessica asked Taeng.

“I’m fine. It’s nothing really.”

“Taeng’s last temperature was nearly 40 degrees.”Yul said to Jessica.

“Really? Woah, isn’t that too high? But he looks fine to me?”Jessica replied.

“Taeng is different. He’ll be fine in the morning, but at night the pain will come. If you don’t believe me, wait till tonight. He’s going to be all wrapped up in a blanket.”Yul explained.

“I’m fine really. That thermometer was a faulty one.”Taeng defended.

Tiffany who was quiet walked towards Taeng, and put her hand on Taeng’s forehead, surprising him.

“You’re burning up. You should lie back on your bed.”Tiffany pushed him towards his bed and gestured for him to lie down.

“Tiffany, you can see that I’m fine. Besides, I’ve been sleeping all morning. I’ll turn into a Jessica if I go to sleep any longer. As much as I love to sleep all day, the world could not handle another Jessica.”Taeng joked but received a glare from Jessica. Yul chuckled quietly besides his girlfriend.

“He’s fine, Tiff. But you should see him at night, he’ll be like a sick baby.”

“Shut up, Yul.”

“How about we stayed here for the night? Just to see how it is with Taeng?”Jessica was keen on revenge against Taeng.

“Am I some kind of show for you to watch?”Taeng asked looking very annoyed.

“You’re right, baby. Let’s stay here. We got nothing to do anyway.”Yul ignored Taeng.

“Go home you annoying brats.”

“Oh, come on, Taeng. It’ll be just like the old times. Your parents aren’t home to take care of you anyway.”

“Can we stay Taeng? If you need anything, we can get it for you.”Tiffany finally spoke.

Taeng was contemplating the plan, he didn’t like it one bit, but because of Tiffany, he’s reconsidering his options. Honestly, he misses Tiffany, and wanted to see her just a little longer.

“Fine.”Taeng finally agreed.

“Great! Now, what should we do first? Taeng, wanna play games? Let’s play Call of Duty.”

“Really, Yul? You came last night to play that game too. I’m getting tired beating you at it.”

“Dude, you just got lucky. My controller was sabotaged.”

“Loser! If you lose again, you have to be my slave for one day.”

“I’m already your friend. That feels the same as being a slave.”

“Shut up. Alright, I’m going to take a bath now. If any of you want to join, you are welcome to stay in my room.”Taeng said to his friends while taking off his shirt in a suggestive manner.

“ert!”Jessica exclaimed and walked out Taeng’s room.

“Wait for me, Jess.”Tiffany followed Jessica , but Taeng already noticed her blushing face. He chuckled to himself.

“Why are you still here?”Taeng looked at Yul who was sitting on his bed now.

“What? I’m going to join you.”He grinned teasingly at Taeng, his hands were ready to take his shirt off.

“Dude, get out!”Taeng yelled at Yul and shoved him out of his room.

 

Taeng came down from his room and walked into his ‘Gameroom’. He saw Yul already started to play his xbox with his girlfriend sitting on the floor, while Tiffany was sitting alone on the couch watching her friends. Taeng walked towards Tiffany and sat beside her.

“Why are you here?”Taeng asked the girl.

Tiffany was startled but replied to him. “I don’t know how to play the games.”She said while pointing at the xbox.

“Why are you at my house?”Taeng repeated his question.

Tiffany raised her eyebrows. “Visiting you. Can’t I?”

“You’re always welcome here.”Tiffany blushed. “But where are my gifts?”

“Huh?”She stared at Taeng confusedly.

“Usually when people visit, they’ll bring some souvenirs with them.”

“We came straight from school.”Tiffany answered indifferently.

“Not even a get-well-soon card?”He joked.

“Well I couldn’t get one, since you didn’t even tell me that you’re sick.”Tiffany looked away from him and stared at the television. She was mad at him for not telling her about it. “You didn’t even bother to tell me you came back from Japan already.”

 “I don’t think it’s necessary to let you know about it.”Taeng defended his self.

Tiffany had a hurt expression on her face. “So, you’re saying that I’m not important to you?”

“What? No. That’s not what I was saying.”Taeng held his head frustratingly. His head felt heavy suddenly.

“Then what?”

“I just don’t like to be sick and letting people worry about me. I’m fine.”

She stayed quiet and watched Yul and Jessica playing the video games. They were too absorbed in it that they didn’t notice the gloomy mood behind them.

“Are you mad?” Taeng spoke after a while. He didn’t like the silence between them. After receiving no answer from her, he spoke again. “Seriously? You’re getting mad over this. I caught a fever. Not a cancer.”He said frustratingly.

“You were sick for days. Yul told me. The fever won’t go away, it is serious.”

“But it was just a fever. I don’t get why you would be mad over this.”

“If I was sick and just kept quiet about it, will you be okay with it?”Tiffany said sternly.

“That’s different.”Taeng replied.

“How is it different?”

“I know how to take care of myself, and you don’t.”

“How many times should I tell you, I can take care of myself.”

“No. You don’t. Look at your wrist.”He pointed at her hand with a cast on.

“Do I need to remind you who caused this?”

“My fault. I don’t need a reminder of it.”Taeng muttered quietly. His guilt surged up again.

“And

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter