Lips of An Angel

You're Not Sorry
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N

Hi readers! Was I being mean for leaving you a cliffhanger? Sorry, I actually wanted to continue but decided what the heck. So this chapter is longer than usual since it is supposed to be a continuation from the previous one.  if you see this chapter as rated, I seriously don't know how it became like that. Seriously. Sorry for any expectation.

 

 

“Buahahhahahahaha” Taeng broke into laughter seeing his girlfriend’s scared face. But what made him laugh harder was when he realized that Tiffany wasn’t really resisting, instead she was closing her eyes, waiting for his next move, no longer pushing him by his chest.

Hearing the loud outburst from Taeng, she opened her eyes to see Taeng rolling on the ground, holding his stomach, laughing his off.

She sat up immediately, and crossed her arms with her lips already pouting. She realized that her boyfriend just tricked her.

“Yah! Stop laughing!” Tiffany scolded her boyfriend. Her eyes were teary, being scared by the weird behaviours from Taeng.

Taeng ignored her demands and only continued his series of laughs.

Seeing her boyfriend continuing his antics, Tiffany stood up and dusted off her jeans. “I’m leaving.” She said angrily.

Realizing his mistake, Taeng immediately stood up and grabbed a hold of Tiffany before she could take a step. “Don’t go. I’m sorry.” Taeng apologized.

“You’re not.”

“I really am.”

“You did it on purpose.”

A small laugh escaped from Taeng’s mouth, adding fuel into Tiffany’s anger.

“You’re an idiot!” Tiffany snapped, already turning her body to walk away.

Taeng smacked his palm against his forehead, cursing himself for making Tiffany this furious. He took fast steps towards Tiffany, following her from behind before stopping in front of her. “Please forgive this idiot of yours.” He said guiltily.

“Get out of my way.” Tiffany pushed Taeng away. She walked a little bit faster, leaving Taeng behind.

All of a sudden, she felt her body being hoisted in the air. She screamed a little, panicking, but stopped when she come to the term that she was indeed being carried by her idiot boyfriend back to the spot they were sitting. “Let me down.” She punched Taeng’s chest, demanding to be put down.

“Yah, that hurts.” Taeng whined, feeling the bruise forming under his shirt from Tiffany’s fist.

“Put me down.”

“Fine.” Taeng gently let Tiffany’s feet reach the ground but he kept his hand on her wrist, afraid that she’ll leave. He rubbed on the spot where Tiffany hit her with his other hand, complaining how much it hurts. “Why did you hit me so hard?”

“You deserved it.”

“I deserve it? I was just trying to cheer you up.”

“By pranking me? Scaring me to death?” Tiffany challenged.

Taeng sighed. “That was not the plan. I just got sidetracked seeing your lips.” He was actually going to reach for his bag behind Tiffany when he caught a sight of Tiffany’s inviting lips.

Tiffany blushed hearing his explanation. “ert.”

“Why am I a ert? I was only going to kiss you. What do you think I would do?”

“But you were acting suspiciously.”

Taeng widened his eyes. “You’re a ert for thinking anything else other than kissing.”

“Why do you have to push me down to kiss me?”

“Because I thought it’ll be so much more comfortable for you lying down.” He smirked.

Tiffany blinked her eyes in disbelieve. “That sounded so wrong.”

“What is right then?”

“Why do you have answers to everything?”

“Because I’m so freaking awesome.”

Tiffany rolled her eyes. “I doubt that.”

“Hey, that’s not nice. Doubting your own boyfriend.” Taeng acted like he was hurt from her words.

Tiffany caught on to his act. She scoffed and pushed his boyfriend hard.

Taeng almost fell into the lake from the push but luckily he managed to find back his balance. “Yah, I almost fell.”

“Serve you right.”

“Aish, Fany. Why are you so mean to me?”

“Because you’re never serious.”

“Wow? Really? Everyone’s been telling me how uptight I am. And now you’re telling me that I’m not serious enough? Seriously?”

Tiffany groaned. “Arghhh. Shut up, Taeng.”

Taeng chuckled seeing his frustrated girlfriend.  He took a step towards Tiffany and pinched her cheeks. “Cheer up, baby. I’m just playing with you.”

Tiffany took his hands off her cheeks and pouted. “Did you bring me here to tease me like this?”

 Taeng shook his head. “Nope. I can do that anywhere else.” He smirked. “I have something for you actually.”

Tiffany’s eyes lighted up with curiousity. “What?”

“Urmm.” Taeng hummed. “Close your eyes.”

“What is it?”

“I’m not giving it to you until you close your eyes.”

“Are you going to push me into the lake?” Tiffany said with a calm tone.

Taeng gasped. “Yah, I’m not that evil.”

“Why then?”

“Fany-ah.” He said with a gentle voice, trying to persuade his stubborn girlfriend.

Tiffany sighed before finally closing her eyes.

 Minutes passed by and Tiffany was getting restless as she heard some rustling sound coming from around her. She was going to open her eyes when suddenly a peck landed on her lips, startling her. She finally opened her eyes and looked at what was in front of her.

Taeng was facing her; his hands were behind his back, hiding something. He was grinning excitedly, as he was looking forward to what his girlfriend’s reaction would be.

“I don’t get it, Taeng.”

Taeng smiled before revealing what was behind his back. He held up a stuffed animal – offering it to her, which Tiffany recognized as Totoro, her favourite cartoon character that she remembered from her childhood. But there was something different with this particular doll, as she didn’t remember it being pink in colour.

“Happy Birthday, Fany-ah.” Taeng murmured loud enough for Tiffany to hear.

“But..”

“I know it’s not your birthday yet. I just want to celebrate it earlier, since I’ll be leaving on that date.”

“But I never told you..” Tiffany was cut off.

“Your birthday? Remember the forms I filled for you when you’re going for the check up?”

Tiffany nodded absent-mindedly. She looked at the stuffed animal he still holds in his hand. “Totoro?”

“Yeah. It’s your favourite right? I remembered you telling me that once.”

She nodded again. “But Taeng, Totoro is not pink.”

Taeng smiled bashfully. “I know. I got it custom made in your favourite colour.”

Tiffany’s heart fluttered. Her boyfriend was indeed thoughtful and cares so much about every detail about her.

“You hate it?” Taeng frowned seeing the lack of response from his girlfriend. “I can ask them to make a new one.”

Tiffany reached the Totoro doll and took it from Taeng’s hand. “I love it, Taeng. Thank you.” She pecked his cheek gratefully.

Taeng smiled proudly seeing his girlfriend’s happy face.

“What is this?” Tiffany asked him and showed the thing hanging around the doll’s neck. It was dangling around Totoro’s neck and was glimmering under the moonlight.

Taeng rubbed his neck nervously. “That’s for you.”

He watched carefully how Tiffany was touching the piece of jewelry.

After asking for advices from his bestfriend for what kind of birthday gifts he should give Tiffany, Yul suggested that diamonds would be the best for women. But he didn’t know if Tiffany like jewelry or not, so he was hesitant to buy one for her. On a less busy day of his, he managed to snoop around every jewelry stores in town looking for something that would suit his love. Once he took a look at a particular white gold necklace on display at a well-know jewelry shop, he went in and bought it right away. He was afraid though, that Tiffany wouldn’t like it since he never seen Tiffany with any jewelry on her before.

“Me?”

“Yeah.” Taeng reached toward Tiffany to unclasp the necklace from Totoro’s neck and held it in his palm. “I saw this on display the other day, and thought of you. It reminds me of you.” He let the necklace dangling in his hand to show its pendant to his girlfriend.

“A butterfly?” Tiffany raised her eyebrow questioningly.

“Yes. Remember what I said at the garden?”

Tiffany was even more confused. She shook her head unsurely.

Taeng smiled affectionately. “May I?”

Taeng leaned forward when he saw Tiffany nodding – giving her permission. Without breaking their eye contact with each other, Taeng circled his arms around Tiffany’s head and put the necklace around her neck. After Taeng clasped the necklace in place, he breathed into her ear and said something that made Tiffany’s breath hitched.

“You’ve always been a butterfly in my eye, Tiffany. Beautiful on the inside and out.”

Taeng placed a warm kiss on Tiffany’s lips, assuring her that what he said was the truth and coming from the bottom of his heart.

After receiving the loving kiss from her boyfriend, Tiffany’s hand went up to her neck immediately, feeling around the newly accessory that was given to her. Her tears started to pool in her eyes again.

Taeng panicked seeing his girlfriend’s tears yet again. “Hey, what’s wrong? Don’t you like it?” His thumbs were caressing her cheeks, already waiting to wipe the tears that were threatening to fall anytime.

Tiffany shook her head. “It’s not that.”

“Then what is it?”

“It’s.. I’m.. I just..” Tiffany couldn’t find the right words to say to him at the moment.

Taeng kissed her forehead to persuade his girlfriend. “What is it, Fany?”

“No one has ever given me anything for my birthday since I’ve never celebrated it before.”

Taeng was shocked at the fact. “Why?”

Tiffany’s tears streamed down her face and were immediately wiped away by Taeng that was cupping her face. She smiled bitterly. “It’s the day that my mother died.”

Taeng sighed. He threw his arms around his girlfriend and engulfed her with a warm hug. It was a hug to ensure her that she won’t ever have to go through her birthday alone ever again. “I’m sorry for your lost.” He paused to place a kiss on her head. “But I have to thank your mother for giving birth to such a wonderful girl. She must be so proud of you right now.”

Tiffany smiled against the hug, hearing Taeng’s comforting words for her. Taeng always managed to make her feel good right away, no matter how bad the situations are. She snuggled deeper into the hug, taking the scent of Taeng that she was addicted to.

“I love you so much, Kim Taeng.” Tiffany uttered softly against his chest.

Taeng smiled contentedly and pecked Tiffany’s lips as an answer to her timid confession. He tightened his arms around her and swayed both of their bodies to match with the nature sounds that were playing throughout the night.

 

The next morning, Taeng was waiting for Tiffany at her apartment building, like he would always do these couple of days. He saw Tiffany coming down from the stairs and walked towards him with a wide smile on her face.

“Hey Beautiful.” Taeng greeted, leaning in to give her a peck.

Feeling embarrassed, Tiffany slapped Taeng’s arms and pushed him away before he could kiss her.

Taeng chuckled seeing his girlfriend’s reaction. He smiled brightly seeing the butterfly necklace wrapped around her neck. “That’s a nice necklace you have.”

“Thank you. My boyfriend gave it to me.” Tiffany said playfully.

“Oh, you have a boyfriend already?” Taeng pouted dissapointedly.

“Yup. But don’t worry, we can still see each other behind his back.”

Taeng widened his eyes. “Yahh!”

“What?”

“How could you? Cheating on me, with ME?” Taeng acted like he was hurt.

Tiffany laughed at her boyfriend. “I’m just kidding. I love my boyfriend too much.”

Taeng’s face immediately brightened up as he welcomed Tiffany in her arms and greeted her with a peck on her lips.

“Eeww.” Taeng showed a displeased expression and wiped his lips.

“What?”

“You tasted funny.”

Tiffany stared at her boyfriend in disbelieve. “What are you talking about?”

Taeng leaned forward and Tiffany’s lips for another taste. “Yuck!”

“Yahh! I’m starting to feel very offended right now.” Tiffany protested by pushing Taeng away from her.

“You tasted really different today. I don’t like it.”

“What is that supposed to mean?”

Taeng sighed, realizing that Tiffany had misunderstood him. “Did you eat something minty?”

Tiffany raised her eyebrow. “It’s my new lip balm. Why? Does it taste that bad?”

“I hate it. And it doesn’t taste like you at all.”

Tiffany blushed. “Do you even hear yourself? Aish, why is it everything coming out from you sounded so erted?”

Taeng raised his eyebrow. “What the hell? Why do you keep on saying that to me?”

“Because you are.”

Taeng rolled his eyes. “Whatever.”

“Did you just do that?”

“What? That’s what you always did to me.”

“Did not.”

“Did too.”

“Did not.” Tiffany crossed her arms.

“Childish.”

“Excuse me, you’re the one who started the fight.”

“Fine. You win.” Taeng gave up on trying to win with his girlfriend. “Can you wipe it off your lips now?”

“Don’t want to.” Tiffany stuck out her tongue at him.

“Then you won’t get a kiss from me anymore.”

“Don’t need one.” She retorted.

Taeng pouted. “Yahh. I want to kiss you.” He whined at his stubborn girlfriend.

“I need the lipbalm. My lips are too dry.”

“Buy a different flavor. I hate this one.”

“I will. After this one is used up.”

Taeng stared at his girlfriend with his eyes wide opened. “That means I won’t get to kiss you for the mean time.”

“You’re the one who says it,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter