I Won't Let You Go

You're Not Sorry
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N

Hi hi~ I'm back with another update.

Here is it is. Mostly contains Tiffany's birthday plans. :) Look out for more cheesiness in this.

 

After a whole day spent at the mall together, they decided to go home when they realized that it was almost the mall closing time. Taeng was driving his car with one hand on the steering wheel while the other was intertwined with Tiffany’s on her lap. There was a big smile plastered on Taeng’s face – reason for it was that his car’s trunk was full with newly bought merchandise. Well, most of them were for Tiffany.

Taeng succeed in making Tiffany to replace most of her old things. Her shoes, bags, clothes, dresses and also Taeng bought her a new set of stationery since they’ll be taking the final exam next month. No matter how bad Tiffany refuses and returns the things back at their respected places, Taeng would sneak behind her back and bought it anyway.

Tiffany stopped trying to put the things back when they were caught by the other customers in an embarrassing tug-o-war scene.

Taeng however was very happy when he got to buy Tiffany those things and Tiffany let him without any further protests. He was contented that he can finally shower her girlfriend with luxurious items to show his love for her.

“We have to make a quick stop at Noona’s café. She wanted to give me something.”

“Oh? Alright. I wanted to see her and explain too.”

Taeng turned to Tiffany and had a questioning look. “Explain what?”

“The situation today. Why I was not at work.”

Taeng sighed and shook his head slowly. “Fany-ah, it’s fine. Noona’s fine with it, remember?”

He never understands that side of Tiffany, the one which is always consider of other’s feelings and prioritize them above her own feeling.

“I know, but I think I should at least tell her where I was.”

“Up to you.” Taeng shrugged his thoughts.

When they arrived at the café, Tiffany observed the café and noticed it was in pitch black and they can barely see anyone or anything through the glass window.

“Did Unnie close the café early today?” Tiffany asked Taeng who was standing beside her, holding her hand.

Taeng shrugged his shoulders. “I don’t know. But she said to meet her here.”

“But it’s dark in there. I can barely see a thing.” Tiffany complained. She was always afraid of the dark and finds it uncomfortable to not be able to see.

“I’m here. There’s nothing to be afraid of.” Taeng persuaded his girlfriend. He knows about her fear of the dark. Taeng held tightly onto her hand and gave it a squeeze to comfort her.

Tiffany hesitated in a moment before she finally agreed after being tugged towards the entrance of the café.

Taeng’s hand was on the glass door, he pushed it slowly and got inside with Tiffany following behind him.

“Noona?” Taeng called in the dark.

Tiffany was getting more nervous, she started to grip onto Taeng’s arm tighter when she can’t seem to adjust her eyes in the bland dark.

A moment of dead silence engulfing both of them before their surroundings explode with shouts and screams from the people in the café.

“Surprise!!!”

A floating cake appeared in front of them, and with the lights from the candles on it, Tiffany could finally see the face that she was looking for earlier.

“Happy Birthday to you, happy birthday to you. Happy Birthday, dear Tiffany. Happy Birthday to you.”

After recognizing more of the faces in the dark, Tiffany smiled happily and started to tear up at the sight of her dear friends singing for her with Boa holding a cake and the rest of the boys popping the party popper at the couple.

“Happy Birthday, Noona.” Huihoon’s voice was the loudest and she could see him with a party hat on smiling at her. She could also see the rest of the boys who were excitingly doing some crazy dance and congratulating them.

“Tiff, Happy 18th birthday!” Jessica and Sunny wished her while their boyfriends kept on blowing the party horn at her, contributing to the noises in the café.

“Tiffany, blow the candles. Faster.” Boa said to her with the cake on her palms. Her friends shoved her closer to the cake, wanting her to do what Boa said.

In the midst of the chaos, Tiffany turned to her right and saw her boyfriend smiling brightly at her, their hands were still connected from the moment they stepped into the café.

He gave her a quick peck on her forehead. “Make a wish, Love.” Taeng whispered lovingly to her ears.

Tiffany was speechless, she couldn’t say a thing due to the shock. She didn’t expect a surprise party and totally didn’t see it coming. All of the people that are dear to her were here, in the café the place where she came to love.

Tiffany felt a squeeze in her hand from her boyfriend, assuring and encouraging her. She felt his arms wrap around her waist when she bent her body a little to blow out the candles on her birthday cake.

She closed her eyes tightly as a tear escaped from them.

‘I wish that we would stay happy like this forever.’

She made a wish in her heart and blew out all the candles. Applauds and cheers erupted and right at the same time the lights in the café were turned back on.

Tiffany took a look around her and saw a different sight in the café. The cafe was now decorated with bright and colourful balloons - banners and birthday cards hanged around the café intended for her.

“I… When did you…” She struggled to find her words. “Thank you.” Tiffany managed to croak out with a choke up voice.

“We all came here after school and prepared all of this for you.” Sunny exclaimed excitedly.

“But I thought you didn’t know about my birthday.”

“How could we not know? Your boyfriend there kept on reminding and pressuring us to give a birthday party you won’t ever forget.” Jessica complained with a smirk on her face.

“Yahh. I didn’t pressure you. I asked for a favour.” Taeng defended himself.

Yuri laughed at his best friend’s reaction. “Right, Taeng. You kept on texting me, asking for an update every hour.”

Taeng rubbed the back of his neck bashfully. “Fine, I just want it to be perfect.”

They all burst into a laugh at Taeng’s obvious blushing face.

Tiffany was then directed to a table and a knife was handed to her. Her friends started to sing the birthday song again but she didn’t know what to do and looked around confusedly with the knife in her hand.

Taeng who got the sign from his girlfriend, put his arm around her waist, and another on her hand that was holding the knife. He led Tiffany’s hand hovering over the cake, and pushed down, cutting it into half.

Another cheer and applauds broke out again and they started to distribute the pieces of the cake to the other guests/friends.

“So, what do you think Tiffany?” Dennis asked while still playing with the blow horn in his hand.

“It’s perfect.” Tiffany said with her famous eyesmiles. “Thank you for doing this for me.”

Everybody froze seeing Tiffany’s eyesmiles, and was mesmerized by her. Tiffany rarely shows her eyesmiles to anyone and tends to show it only when she was really happy. Only Taeng is the one who got to see it daily, since she’s always happy whenever she is with Taeng.

“Alright, that’s enough of staring at my girlfriend’s face. Let’s get the party started.” Taeng swatted off all the attention towards his girlfriend – feeling jealous.

“I thought you hated partying?” Dennis asked sarcastically.

“Hey, it’s my girlfriend’s party. What’s to hate?” Taeng replied playfully.

Dennis chuckled. “Alright, let’s start the party. DJ, put it back on.”

He pointed at the dj that was on the small stage in the café, who is actually Seonghwan with the typical headphones on his head. He gave Dennis a thumbs up before started the music that was played loudly through the huge speakers.

“Dance?” Taeng held out his hand for her.

“Now?” Tiffany said unsurely.

Taeng took Tiffany’s hand and led her to dance floor where Yul and also Jessica were already dancing with each other. Since the music was an excited one, the dance floor started to fill up with the other guests.

Taeng started to dance dorkily to the music to encourage the shy Tiffany who was hesitant to move. He was dancing like he was washing the dishes or something, at least that was how it looked like to Tiffany.

“Come on, just dance like me.”

“What? No. Your dance is funny.” Tiffany said immediately.

“Hey, I’m the dance king. You know Usher?”

Tiffany rolled her eyes at his overconfidence.

“Fany-ah.” Taeng whined, showing his rare aegyo to his one and only girlfriend.

Tiffany finally relented and started to move her arms the way his boyfriend was moving his. Taeng chuckled when he saw the moves Tiffany was doing and started to do more ridiculous dances just to see how Tiffany would look doing it.

Tiffany would just copy everything that Taeng was doing – she started to have fun doing them too and laughed everytime her eyes met Taeng’s, causing the people around them to stop and look at them.

But the couple didn’t care, they were too absorbed in their weird dances that they failed to notice the laughter erupted because of them.

“Look at them. What kind of moves are they doing?” Yul said to Dennis.

“I don’t know. It looks like something my parents used to dance to.”

“Are they losing their minds?” Jessica asked Sunny.

“I don’t know, maybe. Or they’re just lost in their own world right now.” Sunny said with her eyes locked on the couple in the middle of the floor.

“Woo~~ Go Noona!” Huihoon cheered for his beloved Noona. He was having so much fun watching his Noona on the dance floor from the side.

Hearing the loud cheers from her dongsaeng, Tiffany stopped dancing abruptly and glanced around, she finally noticed the crowds that were staring at her.

Tiffany blushed and her face turned red. And as usual, she grabbed Taeng and buried her face in his chest.

The crowd broke into another laugh and started to return back to their dancing, ignoring the couple in the middle.

Taeng chortled wholeheartedly at Tiffany. He wrapped his arms around her and swayed her body a little bit, comforting her.

“Why are you so embarrassed? They are all your friends.” Taeng said to his girlfriend.

“Mmmhhs ymmh fmmhhh.” Tiffany mumbled against his chest.

“What?”

Tiffany lifted her head and repeated her words. “Your fault.” She pouted.

Taeng chuckled and pecked her pouting lips. He tasted strawberry this time and recognized it as one of the chapsticks he bought for her. “Strawberry?”

Tiffany nodded like a child. She was happy that Taeng finally gave a kiss to her lips. She was waiting for it actually, excited to know his reaction.

 “You’re so cute, Fany.” He stole another peck.

“I know.” Tiffany admitted boastfully.

“Hey, you’re starting to sound like me.” Taeng teased and poked her cheeks.

“You’re a bad influence.”

Taeng nodded, and pinched her cheeks. “I got another gift for you.”

Tiffany raised her eyebrows in shock. “What is it this time? Your trunk is full of unnecessary things already.” She was still mad about Taeng buying expensive things for her.

Taeng showed his disagreement by pouting. “I haven’t done much for you. Just let me spoil you today, okay?”

“Did you spend money again?” Tiffany was ready to scold him again, like in the mall earlier.

Taeng shook his head. “Nope. This is a gift at the expense of my love for you.”

Tiffany was confused at his words. “What do you mean?”

Taeng smiled and patted her head. “You’ll see.”

He led her to a chair and pushed her lightly to sit down on it. Tiffany looked around her and realized that everyone around her started to disperse and cleared out the dance floor, leaving her in the middle of it.

“What are you doing there?” Tiffany asked when she saw her boyfriend on the stage, sitting down on a high chair, with a guitar in his hand.

Taeng shot a sweet smile to his clueless girlfriend before taking the microphone that was given to him by Seonghwan.

The spotlight shined on him as all the other lights were turned off. Taeng squinted his eyes because of the bright light as he tried to look at his girlfriend.

“I don’t think I need the lights.” He said to the people backstage. Soon, the lights returned to normal, and Taeng was satisfied since he can see his Tiffany again.

“Hi there.” He said into the microphone, waving his hand to his girl.

Tiffany waved back still wondering what her boyfriend was doing up on the stage.

Taeng could not take his eyes off his girlfriend and kept on staring at her, holding on to his guitar with the microphone in front of his mouth.

A cough was heard and broke his state of mind. He finally peeled his eyes off Tiffany and looked at the crowd that came for the birthday surprise.

Only then he noticed how many of the people showed up for the party. There were a lot of students from his school, he assumed and also from the other schools. He was not intrigued by this fact since he knows that Yul and Sunny were the one who invited these people, and as he knows by the fact they’re both the social butterfly.

“Wow, there’re a lot of people came huh?” He muttered unknowingly loud enough for the mic to pick up.

“This is going to be embarrassing.” Taeng started.

 “As you know, today is Tiffany’s birthday. Tiffany Hwang, my love.” He trailed off an

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter