Are you happy?

You're Not Sorry
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N

Hi readers and new subscribers. thanks for the comments! I really appreciate it. It's been a long time since i updated right? sorry with that. been quite busy. to make it all up, here's a really longggg chapter. Enjoy it and pls tell me what you think of it. Don't forget to leave your comments. It'll help me to update faster. :)

 

A month has passed since that call, the month went by with Taeng and Tiffany acting like total strangers to each other. They didn’t say a word or even acknowledge the other presence even if they were in the same room and their friends took notice of this. But their friends knew better than to ask them about it. Taeng doesn’t like people to meddle into his business, and so does Tiffany, so they just let them be.

“What’s wrong with you lately?”Yul asked Taeng.

“What do you mean?”Taeng simply replied.

“You’re seriously asking me that?”

“Well, I don’t get what you meant with your question.”

“You’re not yourself lately. And why do you keep on avoiding us? Before you try to deny it, think first.”

“Done thinking. Nope, I’m doing great these days. Haven’t you seen my test results? I was not avoiding, I was studying.”

“I’ve always known you’re a born genius, no need to rub it in. Hey, seriously, talk to me.”

“What’s there to talk about? You tell me.”Said Taeng playfully.

“I wasn’t going to bring this up, but, it’s been a month, Taeng. You should talk to Tiffany already.” Yul said seriously.

“I told you not to bring her up.”Taeng’s expression changed.

“But why? You were close with her. Just because of one argument, you’re going to pretend she doesn’t exist?”

“You don’t know what happened, so mind your own business.”

“Tell me then, Taeng.”

Taeng sneered. “I’m not in the mood for this. Bye, Yul.” Taeng tried to escape from one of Yul’s lectures.

“Where’re you going?” Yul shouted at his friend.

“Office. Anywhere but here. See you tomorrow, Yul.”Taeng waved at Yul and went on his way.

On his way to his car, Taeng accidentally bumped into someone in the parking lot and that caused both of them to fall down.

“Yah, don’t you have eyes?” Taeng scolded the girl. He stood up from his position and dusted off his pants. He took a look at the girl who still on the floor not bothering to get up. He recognized the girl and felt his heart aching again.

“Tiffany, are you okay?”Sunny and Jessica who saw the scene ran towards Tiffany to help her up.

“I’m fine, girls. Thank you.” Tiffany held her wrist, she felt a surge of pain but hid it quickly behind her back. She glanced at Taeng and felt her heart thumping nervously.

Taeng tried to walk away from the scene quietly but Sunny quickly stopped him.

“Yah, where do you think you’re going?”She held onto Taeng.

“Let me go, Sunny.”

“Not until you apologize first.”Sunny demanded.

“Why should I?”

“You caused her to fall.”

“What? I fell too. So, we’re both even.”

“Yeah, but you’re a guy. So, apologize.”

Taeng chuckled. “What kind of excuse is that? This is ridiculous.”

“Sunny, let him go. I’m fine.”Tiffany finally said stopping both of them from arguing more.

“See, she’s fine. Let me go now. I have a meeting to attend.”Taeng said and fled the scene.

“He always have meetings and in a hurry.”Sunny shook her head. “Anyway, Tiff, are you sure you’re okay?”She asked Tiffany.

“Yeah, you took quite a hard fall.”Said Jessica.

“I’m good. Just a bit sore.”Tiffany rubbed on her right wrist.

“What’s wrong with your wrist?”

“Oh, I think I hurt it just now. It must be just a bruise. Don’t worry, hey, I have to go now. My shift is starting soon.”

“Right, come on. I’ll ask Dennis to send you. We were going to have a meal there anyway.”

“Alright. Jess, are you coming too?”

“No. Yul told me to wait for him here. You guys go first.”

“Okay, Bye Jess.”They both bid goodbye to Jessica and waited for Dennis at the school’s entrance.

 

The next day, during Mrs. Hennessey’s class, the students were busy writing on a piece of paper diligently. They were asked to write an essay in the class and submit it by the end of the period. Everyone was doing their essay diligently, except for Taeng. He was doing something else, which was eyeing Tiffany. He noticed that Tiffany’s been having a hard time writing her essay, as she couldn’t hold the pen well. She kept on adjusting the pen between her fingers, hindering her from finishing the essay. When the period ended, Mrs. Hennessey asked the students to hand in their essay, and dismissed the class. All the students exited the class, while Tiffany stayed behind.

“I’m sorry, Mrs. Hennessey. I couldn’t finish the essay.”

“Oh dear, why?”

“I’m having a hard time coming up with the ending; can I bring it home and hand in it tomorrow morning?”

“I can’t let you do that, Miss Hwang. It wouldn’t be fair to the other students. Why don’t you just hand in your paper, and I’ll see what I can do. You were always a good student anyway.”

“Here, Mrs. Hennessey. Sorry, for the trouble.”Tiffany handed her paper to her teacher.

Tiffany went out of the classroom and walked to a corner heading to the library.

“You’ll never learn, will you?”A voice stopped Tiffany’s tracks. Tiffany turned her back to face the person.

“Excuse me?”Tiffany said to the person leaning on one of the lockers.

“A stupid girl will always be a stupid girl. I should’ve known.”Taeng said to Tiffany with a harsh tone.

“Leave me alone.”She replied with the same tone.

“How do you expect me to leave you alone, if you don’t take care of yourself?” Taeng said seriously while walking closer towards Tiffany.

“I am taking care of myself, so we should just act like before.”

“Really? Then what’s up with your wrist?”He reached for her injured wrist. Tiffany flinched from the pressure of his grip.

“It’s not serious. It’ll heal in a few days.”Just as Tiffany finished her sentences, she heard a snicker and then she was dragged by Taeng to somewhere.

“Hey, where are you taking me?”Tiffany struggled with Taeng’s grip on her hand. She swallowed her pain coming from the tight grip on her wrist.

“To the clinic and get your wrist checks. Stop struggling or it will hurt your wrist more.” He loosens his grip but still keeping her wrist in his hand.

“I can go there myself, so you should just go away.”She said coldly.

Taeng stopped his steps and stared back at Tiffany, looking into her eyes. ‘Why am I doing this? She doesn’t want me.’ Taeng swallowed his bitter feelings.

“After you get your wrist checked, I’ll leave.”Taeng said seriously and started to walk again dragging the girl with him. Tiffany stopped fighting then and just followed along. They went to Taeng’s car and drove to a nearby clinic.

 

It was the same clinic that they’ve been to before. Tiffany remembered the last time that she was here was also with Taeng and because of the wound on her wrist too. Taeng opened his car’s door and was going to drag Tiffany but he stopped when he saw Tiffany was coming out the car voluntarily. They went into the clinic and waited for their turn to be examined. The clinic was full of people at the time, and it took some time until it was their turn. Taeng stood up and headed to the clinic’s restroom for a moment, while Tiffany watched Taeng’s back. Taeng haven’t said a word to her all the time and it made Tiffany restless.

When Tiffany’s name was called, she entered the examination room alone since Taeng hasn’t got back from his trip to the restroom. She was greeted by a familiar doctor who was smiling brightly at her.

“Good morning, Miss Hwang. I hope you still remember me.”

“Of course I remembered you, Doctor Thomas.”She smiled at him.

“I’m glad you did. So, what can I help you with, Miss Hwang?”

Tiffany folded up her sleeves and showed him her injured wrist. The doctor took a look at Tiffany’s wrist carefully and saw that it was badly swollen. He was about to touch Tiffany’s wrist to look at it closer when the door opened and startled them.

Taeng came in casually and hopped on the examination table in the room. He saw the stunned occupants in the room.

“Carry on, doc.”He said breaking off the awkward silence between them.

Thomas cleared his throat and returned his attention to Tiffany’s wrist.  “Tell me when it hurts.” He held onto her wrist and put pressure onto it to determine the kind of damage he was dealing with.

“So, how are you doing, Miss Hwang?”He tried to start a conversation while massaging her wrist, trying to find the cause for the swell.

“I’m doing alright. I’m just trying to finish school as fast as I could.”Tiffany said cheerfully.

Thomas chuckled. “Really? Why are you so anxious about finishing school? You should enjoy it, Miss Hwang.”He found that Tiffany’s cheerfulness was very cute to him.

“I can’t wait to finish and starts working. It’ll be fun then.”

“No, Miss Hwang. Working isn’t that fun. It’s quite stressful actually.”

“Why? You don’t like being a doctor?”She frowned.

“No, I love being a doctor. It’s just that I feel lonely at times.”

“Lonely?”

“Yeah, being a doctor is a busy life. There’s almost no time for anything else like families, hobbies, friends or even yourself.”Thomas was still putting pressure around her wrist.

Tiffany flinched when she felt pain from the spot he was putting pressure on.

“It hurts here?”

She nodded while scrunching her ey

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter