Inevitable Choices

You're Not Sorry
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hi guys. Recently I've been getting bad news everywhere. there was a time where I have to make a choice between this story and my studies. and when I think about it, I've received a lot of hate from this fic and thus it made me think that it's not worth it anymore. I'm sorry, but this story is taking a toll on me. I don't feel like writing anymore. I guess this is goodbye.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

If you believe this, than you have just been trolled. Happy April Fool's day.

All is well. well about the hate part is partly true. I was discouraged by it. But the amount of love I got is bigger than that. So I would continue this story no matter what. Move out of the ways, haters. make room for love. :)

Thanks guys for the support. and this is the decisive chapter. I can't assure you anything yet, so just read on.

 

The first thing Taeng did when he saw the sign “Welcome to Busan” was calling his cousin and informed her of their arrival. She was shocked that they managed to arrive in just a couple of hours, when it should’ve taken them longer. After getting an earful of her lecture because of his irrational driving, he finally hung up on his cousin and dialed another number.

“Hello?” The person picked up and answered groggily.

“Uncle? It’s me, Tae.”

“Tae? What happened?” Taeng’s uncle who was also the principal of the school Taeng goes to, was now wide awake. He thought that his nephew was in some kind of trouble for him to call this early. “Why did you call?”

“Uncle, can I ask a favor from you?”

“Of course. What is it? Where are you?” He asked when he heard odd noises coming from the other line.

“I’m at Busan.”

“Busan?!” Taeng’s uncle said a little too loud that it caused his wife to be woken up too.

“What’s wrong dear?” A woman’s voice was heard.

“Nothing, just go back to sleep.” He told his wife and stood up to take the call somewhere else. “What are you doing in Busan?”

“I’m here for Tiffany.”

Taeng’s uncle knows who Tiffany is. Everyone’s in the family knows about the girl who managed to steal Taeng’s heart and made him the way he is today. “Tiffany? But I thought you…”

“I’m here to make things right.”

Taeng’s uncle sighed. “Does she know you’re coming?”

“No.” Taeng said calmly. “I don’t even know where she’s living.”

“What are you doing there then?”

“For now, just waiting.”

“Where are you right now?”

“We stopped by a beach.”

“We? Who are ‘we’?”

“Me and Huihoon. He wanted to watch the sunrise, so we planned to sit here until the sun rises.”

“And then, what are you going to do? Do you expect Tiffany would show up there?”

Taeng shook his head. “That’s why I need your help, Uncle.”

“What is it?”

“You have all the school records right?”

“Yeah.”

“Students’ details, their previous school, their home addresses.”

“Where are you going with this?”

“Can you find Tiffany’s file for me? And maybe if you’ll see any addresses on that file?”

“I doubt that we would have that information. Tiffany moved from a small school, she didn’t bring any files or records with her when she registered.”

 “But she must have something written there.”

“She won’t be writing the address of the house she has in Busan, Tae.” He argued.

“I know. But can you just have a look at it? Please? I’m already here, and I hate to go home empty handed.” Not without her.

“I’ll try to help as much as I can. I’ll go to the school in a few hours and look at her file for you. Is that okay?”

Taeng breathed out in a relief, thankful that his Uncle agreed to help him. “Thank you.”

“Don’t thank me yet. I don’t want to get your hopes high.”

“I won’t. Give me a call when you find something, uncle.”

“I will. Now you, take care of yourself. Don’t do anything reckless please.”

“I won’t. I have this kid babysitting me.” He kicked Huihoon that was sitting on the sand lightly.

Huihoon looked over his shoulder and gave a questioning look. Taeng shrugged and continued the conversation on his phone.

After a couple of minutes, Taeng finally got off the phone and sat beside Huihoon on the sand. “Anything yet?”

“Nope. Noona’s not picking up. And I think my battery is dying.”

“Why didn’t you charge it?”

“Duhh, I didn’t know I was going to be dragged here.” Huihoon sarcastically said.

“I don’t like that tone of yours, Mr. Kim.”

“I don’t like the way you kicked me earlier, Mr. Kim.” Huihoon mocked Taeng’s voice.

“Aishh, you’re learning how to talk back nowadays.”

“I’m growing up. Of course I have to learn how to defend myself, Hyung.”

Taeng scoffed before laying down on the sand, waiting for the sun to show up. They grew quiet as they enjoy the sound of the waves around them.

“Do you think Tiffany would be happy to see me here?”

“Of course.”

“What if she didn’t want to see me and tell me to go home right away?”

“Noona won’t do that.”

“I said what if, Hoon.”

Huihoon pondered for a while. “If she asked you to do that, are you going to?”

“Huh?”

“Are you going to go home right away?”

“Of course not. I’m not going back without her.”

Huihoon smiled. “Then you don’t have to worry about it anymore. Simple as that.”

Taeng stared at the boy weirdly. “You sound just like my mother.”

“Your stepmother?”

“Of course. Who else?”

“Since when do you call her mother?”

“She’s done everything for me. She is my mother.”

Huihoon grinned. “Good to hear that, Hyung. Noona’s going to be happy hearing that too.”

Taeng smiled bitterly and stared at the ocean in front of them. “I hope she is.”

***

 

“Hyung!” Huihoon shook the body of the person sleeping in the back seat of the car.

Taeng groaned, still feeling the exhaustion in his body after driving for 4 hours straight. “What is it?”

“Your phone’s ringing.”

“Huh?” Taeng rubbed his eyes and took out his phone from his pocket. He looked at the caller ID and immediately sat up, putting the phone to his ear. “Tell me the good news, Uncle.”

“Hey, Taeng. Are you still at the beach?”

“Yeah, I took a nap in the car. But we’re still here. Do you have anything for me?”

“Oh, right. I’ve looked into Tiffany’s files and found something that may or may not be useful for you.”

“What is it?”

“I found out her old school’s name.”

“What is it?”

“Kent High School.”

“And?”

“Well, that’s pretty much all.”

Taeng sighed in dissapointment. “Any phone number?”

“The school’s office number.”

“Can I have it?”

“Sure. Hold on.” Taeng’s Uncle read the number carefully for Taeng to memorize. “Do you get it?”

“Yes.” Taeng said.

“And if you’re going to ask for Tiffany’s address, I suggest you refrain from telling who you are exactly.”

“What do you mean?”

“School doesn’t give up their student’s details to random people.”

Taeng grunted in protest. “How am I supposed to do this thing?”

“Use my name.”

“Huh?”

“Just say that you’re the school’s principal and  wanted her address for school’s stuffs.”

“Why don’t you do it for me then?”

“I’m already breaking rules by disclosing a student’s details to you, Tae. You have to do this on your own.”

“Would it work?”

“I think so. Try it. If it didn’t work, give me call and I’ll see what I can do.”

“Alright, Uncle. I’m going to call the school now.” Taeng paused. “Thanks for the help.”

“You’re welcome, Tae. Just be careful and remember to think rationally before you do something.”

“I will.”

And then Taeng hung up and proceeded to the driver’s seat, with Huihoon already sitting beside him. “What are we going to do now?”

“You are going to lie for me.”

“What?”

“You heard me.”

“You do it, Hyung.” Huihoon refused immediately.

“I can’t. I’m a bad liar. Fany said so too.” Taeng simply said before handing the his handphone to his dongsaeng.

Huihoon sighed and took the phone. He pressed the call button and waited for it to be picked up.

Taeng heard Huihoon’s conversation with the person on the other line. He could see how good Huihoon was with his words and was amazed by how smooth he is with lying. He can see why do people like lying so much. It does come handy at times.

“Got the address, Hyung.” Huihoon said as soon as he hung up. “But they are not sure if Tiffany still lives in that place.”

“Well, let’s hope Fany didn’t move out yet.” Taeng calmly said before standing up and helping Huihoon to stand too. “Hoon-ah?”

“Yes, Hyung?”

“If I fail to bring Fany back today, I would stay here for as long as it takes.”  Taeng said determinedly. “It might take long, and I don’t know if I can even make it to the wedding.”

“I know that already, Hyung. Why are you telling me this?”

“If you want to go home now, I can drop you off at the train station.”

“Are you kidding me, hyung? We’ve come so far, I don’t want to go home without seeing Noona first.”

“You’re sure?” Taeng asked hesitantly. A  part of him hopes that Huihoon would stay with him because he needs his positivity with him. He knows that it would be hard to convince Tiffany not only to come back into his arms, but also to go live in Seoul again. At least she won’t be apart from him.

“Positive.” Huihoon grinned. “Let’s go, hyung.”

 

 

Taeng stood in front of a black door with white knobs, standing behind him was Huihoon. He looked towards the boy and received an encouraging look as he proceeded to ring the doorbell of the house.

They have waited in front of the door for a couple of minutes before Taeng decided to knock this time. The door swung open just as he was going to bang his fist on the door. And at that moment, Taeng swore he never felt this nervous and scared as he was right now. What would happen to him, and his heart all depends on that one person who now standing in front of him, with wide opened.

Tiffany.

“Hi.” Taeng awkwardly greeted the girl. He cursed himself for being this coward and only managed to utter that one word after not being able to see the girl for 4 months. His hands were shaking at his sides, fighting the urge to hug the person in front of him. I’m a coward.

“Taeng?”

“Yeah.” He tried to smile, but his nervousness was preventing the smile to spread, instead he was stuck in an awkward lopsided smile.

“How did you…”

Tiffany didn’t get to finish her words when she was tackled by another person in a very tight hug.

“NOONA!” Huihoon shouted in excitement as he buried his head in the girl’s chest.

Taeng looked at the scene unfolded in front of him and envied it. He felt even more angry at himself for being a coward. He wanted to be able to do that too. To just throw his arms around the girl and suffocated her if he can, just to show how much he really misses her. He was just about to say something when he noticed the painful expression Tiffany was wearing now.

“What’s wrong?” Taeng asked concernedly. Tiffany looked like she was really in pain. “Hoon, release your Noona now.”

“What?” Huihoon obliged and pulled off from the hug to eye Tiffany carefully.

That was when both of the boys noticed the marks on Tiffany’s face. There was a bruise on one side of Tiffany’s cheek and there was an obvious wound on her lips.

“Noona, what happened to your face?” Huihoon asked immediately as he touched the blue mark on her face.

“Oh, I…I fell.” Tiffany flinched from the touch. She saw Taeng’s expression darken instantly. She gulped, silently wished that he bought her absurd reason.  “Erm, do you want to come in?” She offered as it will be rude of her to not invite the two people in her humble house and also to divert their attention from her injuries.

Huihoon nodded excitedly, already forgetting about Tiffany’s bruise while Taeng followed them inside, his hands were at his sides, fists clenching. Tiffany told them to take a seat on the couch as she walked into the kitchen to make some drinks for them.

“Hoon,”

“Yes, Hyung?”

“Which sides are you on?”

“What?”

“Which sides are you on? Hyung or anyone else?”

“Does that anyone else is Noona?”

Taeng shook his head.

“Oh, well then I am on your side. Always.” Huihoon grinned.

“Good, because you’ll understand if I end up doing something bad right?”

“Huh?” Huihoon was left confused. When he was about to open his mouth to ask Taeng what he meant by his questions, Tiffany walked in with a tray of their drinks.

“I don’t have anything else but Apple Juice. I hope it’s fine.”

“It’s fine, Noona.” Huihoon smiled and patted a spot beside him for Tiffany to sit.

“What are you doing here, Hoon?” She asked the boy as she took a seat beside him.

“Well, you said that I can visit you anytime right?”

“Yeah, but I don’t expect you to come here that fast. I don’t even remember telling you my home address.”

“We asked your school for it.” Huihoon slipped out and earned a glare from Taeng who was just watching them conversing from the side.

“You did?”

“Well, that’s that. We are here now.”

Tiffany nodded and only gave out a small smile because her lips were still hurting.

“Why are you not working today?”

Tiffany looked away from Huihoon and looked at the person who asked her the question. “I’m.. I’m not feeling well. So I asked for a day off.” She felt uncomfortable under his stares.

“Are you sick?” Huihoon immediately put his palm against Tiffany’s forehead.

Taeng silently cursed for at the boy for interrupting their conversation and stealing the words that he was supposed to say. He began to regret bringing the boy because instead of him, Huihoon was the one who can freely talk and touches the girl. His girl.

“No. It’s not that kind of sick.” She grabbed Huihoon’s hand put it down. “I’m just not feeling that good.”

Taeng stood up suddenly that i

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter