Reasons to Be Selfish

You're Not Sorry
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N

hello everyone! Happy Taeny Day! 

i'm back with another loooooong chapter. if you find your eyes tired, take a little break before continuing reading okay?

just heads up, a really heartbreaking chapter. prepares your tissues.

Taeng laid down on his bed, staring at the ceiling above him. His mind was running wild with random thoughts of the girl. He could feel his tears pooling in his eyes, but he couldn’t let it out. It was hard to cry, when this was all his fault. Tiffany left him. She left him without saying goodbye.

But was this real? Did the girl had enough of him and decided to go? Did Tiffany give up on him? Or he was the one who drove her away? Another thing Taeng had in his mind was does she still love him? Despite what he did and said to her? Can the girl still love him despite all the horrible thing he spat at her all those days?

Taeng couldn’t rest with all these questions and uncertainties beckoned in his mind. He has to find some kind of a reason to settle down all those wandering thoughts in his head. After hours of lying down on his bed, he got up to his feet, throwing a jacket on and got out of his room.

“Tae, where are you going?” His stepmother’s voice made him turn around.

“Out.” He replied in short.

“Where to?” His stepmother was worried about her stepson. She had been pacing in front of Taeng’s room for hours, she was worried because she couldn’t hear a thing and was wondering what he was doing. She wanted to enter the room but was afraid what her stepson’s reaction would be. She couldn’t risk upsetting him and causing him to leave. Not after her husband had specifically told her to keep Taeng inside the house until he got back from the office. But now Taeng was up and ready to go out, she was growing more anxious.

“I’m just going out. Why are you asking?” Taeng asked politely, he didn’t want to hurt his stepmother’s feeling any more than he did.

“Your father is going to come home soon, can you wait for him before you go out?”

Taeng pondered for a while before shaking his head. “I can’t. I have to go now.”

“But he wants to talk to you.”

“I’ll talk to him when I get back. I need to check on something.” He his heels and climbed down the stairs before exiting his house.

 

As soon as Taeng arrived at the place, he jumped down from his car anxiously and ran up the stairs to the apartment he was familiar with. He still have the key, he can still get in the house even if the girl won’t let him in. But was the girl still there? Will he get to see her for the last time? Or was he just chasing shadows now?

His thoughts were answered immediately when he saw a person locking the house, carrying a box filled with some things belonged to the girl. Taeng could feel his heart grew smaller seeing that.

“Er, excuse me?”

“Yes?”

Taeng cleared his throat. “Did that person has left already?” He pointed to the box the old lady was holding, as he could see her things inside it.

“Oh, Tippany? She left this morning. I’m just here to change the lock and clean up after her. These are her things she left behind.”

Taeng gulped seeing his gifts to her inside the box, especially the pink stuffed character he gave to her on her birthday. “She left these in her apartment?”

“Yeah. I’m going to keep this with me should she comes back looking for it. But I doubt that. I think she left these on purpose. It was nicely put on her bed.”

Taeng could feel his heart shattering. He swallowed the bitter feeling and cleared his throat again. “Can I keep it?”

The old lady raised her eyebrows. “And who you might be?”

“I’m her boyf.. I’m her friend. My name is Kim Taeng.”

Taeng saw the old lady’s expression changed and she gave him a warm smile. “Omo, you’re so handsome. No wonder she’s so in love with you.”

“Huh?”

“Tippany always talk about you. She’s really excited whenever she told me that you’re coming to keep her company.”

“Really?”

“Yeah, that girl said that she likes having you around at the apartment because then she won’t feel lonely anymore. She said she found her reason to be happy again.” The old lady frowned before continuing. “But she looked so sad these past days, and I felt bad for her. Out of nowhere, she said that she’s going away and gave me the keys to the apartment and settled all her payment that wasn’t even due yet.” She sighed. “I’m gonna miss having her around.”

Taeng grew quiet hearing the old lady’s words. He felt a pang of guilt in his heart. “Did she tell you where she’s going? An address maybe?”

She shook her head. “No. Why? Didn’t she tell you where she’s going?”

Taeng shook his head, he smiled sadly at the lady.

“Oh.” The old lady took a wild guess at why Tiffany left all of a sudden.

“About her things, can I keep them, Auntie?”

“Ehh? Why?”

“I just want to keep it safe for her. When she comes back, I’ll give it to her . I can assure you that.”

“But she told me she’s not coming back here. That’s why she told me to just put this house back for rent when I told her that I could keep this apartment vacant for her in case she comes back.”

Taeng couldn’t help but to feel disheartened by the hard reality. “That’s okay, I’ll just keep it for her.”

The old lady saw the boy’s sad expression. She took pity for the boy, it must be painful for him too. “Alright, handsome man. I’ll just give these to you, since you’re her friend.”

“Thank you, Auntie.”  Taeng took the box from the old lady and gave a thankful bow to the lady.

“No problem. Just keep it safe, okay.”

“I will.”

 

***

Taeng drove his car in a very high speed, swerving through the traffic, avoiding cars. His mind was running wild. Whenever he thought of the girl, he would just end up pressing more into the pedal, increasing the speed of his sport car. He was so immersed with his thoughts that he didn’t care what would come at him, especially he has broken most of the road rules and speed limits.

He glanced at the box on the passenger seat. He saw all of her stuffs, most of his gifts to her sitting nicely in the cardboard box. His mind started to reminisce the memories of him with her, one particularly that includes the cartoon character.

 

Taeng was waiting for his girlfriend at her living room, sitting on a couch , fiddling with his Ipad. They were going to watch a movie with his friends. Tiffany was in the bathroom, taking a bath while he waited for her patiently in another area.

Taeng might be patient, but he’s not really the kind of guy who can stay still for a long time. He started to wander around her apartment, fiddling with her stuffs. Finding nothing interesting in the kitchen, he proceeded to Tiffany’s room, deciding to wait for his girlfriend there.

He threw himself onto the bed and spread his arms on the comfy mattress. A smile grew onto his face unconsciously as he remembered back to the last time they shared the bed doing nothing but just sleep in each others arms. He wants to do it again, but he respects Tiffany ‘s privacy and would sleep on the couch if he ever comes here for a sleep over.

“Yah!”

Taeng’s eyes opened and saw his girlfriend glaring at him, her hands on her waist. “Hi Beautiful!” He grinned, trying to appease his angry girlfriend.

“I told you to wait for me on the couch.’

“It’s a lot more comfortable in here.” He pouted.

Tiffany rolled her eyes and walked over to her dressing table. “You’re lucky I’m fully dressed, or I would have kick you for coming in here without permission.”

“Oh, come on. I know you wear your clothes in the bathroom. It’s like your habit. I wouldn’t walk in here if you’re going to walk out .” He smirked at his last words. “On second thoughts… Oofff!”

Tiffany threw  her towel that was on her head in his face.

“Yahh, Fany. Your towel is wet.”

“Serves you right, byunTae.” Tiffany sat on the chair in front of the big mirror and started to dry off her hair with another towel.

“Fine.” He rolled over the bed and found a pink Totoro staring at him. He took it by its throat and scolded it. “You nearly give me a heart attack.”He playfully hit the cartoon character with his free hand.

Tiffany glanced at her boyfriend through the mirror and stifled a giggle. “Let go of my Taetoro.” She said seriously feigning her wrath.

Taeng looked up and saw his girlfriend’s eyes on him through the reflection. He smiled dorkily at her. “It’s mine too.” He hugged Taetoro and stuck out his tongue at her.

Tiffany chuckled and shook her head disapprovingly at his childishness. She returned back to drying her hair.

“Fany-ah?”

“Yea?”

“Why is Taetoro wearing my sweater?” He asked curiously when he realized the clothes the pink animal was wearing is his.

Tiffany turned around and saw Taeng looking at her puzzledly. “You gave it to me. So it’s not yours anymore.”

“Exactly. I gave it to you. Why is he wearing it?” He pouted childishly.

“I gave it to him.”

“Why?”

“Because I don’t want him to be cold.”

Taeng raised his eyebrow at the ridiculous reason. “What would you do if you’re the one who’s cold?”

Tiffany grinned mischievously. “I’ll hug him.”

Taeng grew disappointed at her answer, he was expecting another answer actually. The one where Tiffany would to him that she would hug him instead.

Tiffany giggled seeing his disappointed expression and walked towards the bed. “What’s wrong, Taetae?”

Taeng looked up and saw his girlfriend standing near the bed, eyeing him. “Nothing.”

Tiffany sat on the bed and took Taetoro from his hand. She brought Taetoro close to her chest and hugged the stuffed animal tightly, earning a protest groan from her boyfriend. He was unhappy seeing his girlfriend’s action completely ignoring his dicomfortness.

“He is my favourite thing in this world after all.”She continued to to boyfriend by placing a peck on Taetoro.

“Stupid weird fluffy pink rabbit.” Taeng muttered under his breath, as he continued his act of sulking.

Tiffany giggled again and released the hug after succeeding making her boyfriend jealous. “Do you want to know who’s ‘he’ I’m referring to?”

Taeng groaned again and crossed his arms. He turned his gaze to the ceiling, avoiding his girlfriend’s eyes. “I don’t want to.”

Tiffany grinned and moved closer to her boyfriend. She turned his face with her hands slowly so that he would be looking into her eyes. She proceeded to straddle her boyfriend making he widened his mouth in shock.

“W-what a-are you doing?” He stuttered as he could feel his cheeks blushing. This was one of the few times where Tiffany would shock him by her bold advances.

“It’s you, Pabo.” She smiled widely before burying her head onto his broad chest.

“What is this about?” He froze, and stiffened.

“I’m cold.” Tiffany said softly. She moved her head again and positioned it in the crook of his neck.

“Hurmm?”

“I’m really cold, Taetae.” Tiffany whined cutely but started

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter