Rage

You're Not Sorry
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N

Hi guys. thanks for staying. here's another update. still dramas though. Sorry it took me this long. I've just finished my final exams actually. so I'll probably have more free time to type this story. expect faster updates in the future.

 

Tiffany was on the ground, staring at the car that had just sped off. She felt her whole breath being out, and was replaced by an enormous pain.

“Tiffany, are you okay?” Thomas asked, looking worried.

She didn’t answer and only stared at the ground.

“Hey, come on. Get up.”

“What the hell what that?” An angry man suddenly spoke. He was looking at them. “Is he with you?”

“I’m so sorry sir.”

“Sorry won’t repair my freaking windows.”

“Umm, yeah. I’ll leave my number with you. You can call me and send me the bills for the fix.”

The angry man looked appeased immediately. “Really?”

“Yes.” He pulled out a business card. “This is my number, just give a call.”

“Oh, so you’re a doctor.”

“Yes, I have a clinic down the road. You can come and find me there if you won’t believe me.”

“That’s okay. I’ll just call this number.”

“Alright, sir.” Thomas looked back towards the girl to take her home but found her no longer at the spot he left her when he was talking to the owner. “Tiffany?” He looked around and saw the back of the girl among the dispersing crowds.

He quickly jogged to her. He grabbed her wrist and turned her around. “Hey, where are you going?”

Tiffany looked at him briefly before yanking her hand away. “Let go of me.”

“Tiffany? Come on, I’ll take you home.”

She pushed him and glared. “No!”

“Look, I’m sorry that he had to see that. I just..”

“Stop it, Thomas.”

Thomas flinched from the cold voice. “What?”

“Stop. You already did the damage. He left. I’m back to being alone again.”

“Hey, I’m here. You’re not alone.”

Tiffany looked at him with a pair of angry eyes. “How dare you said that to me!” She yelled. “I thought you know that I’ve never seen you as more than a friend.”

“I know that.” Thomas huffed. “I meant it as  a friend, Tiffany.”

“Friends don’t kiss each other. You crossed the line, Thomas.” She pushed his chest.  “I thought you were different. I should’ve listened to Tae..” She choked when mentioning his name. She wiped the tears that were streaming down her face and opened again. “Please, just go. Leave me alone.”

Thomas grabbed Tiffany again. “Was it my fault to fall for you?! Do you think I asked for this feeling? It freaking hurts to know that the person I love won’t love me back.”

“I told you we should’ve kept our distance.”

“But yet you always come to me when you have problems!”

“I didn’t come to you!”

“Yes , you do!”

“I never ask anyone for help, Thomas! I’m very fine on my own!“

“You know that’s your problem. You think you’re being strong by handling all of this on your own, but look at you now.”

Tiffany bit her lips and looked down at her feet, she was very angry at how true it was what Thomas was saying.

“You’re not strong by pretending or avoiding your fears, Tiffany. You’re strong when you faced them.”

She didn’t say anything and kept her head down. Her tears started to flow down her face.

“Look, I’m going to fix this. I’ll go and explain to him what happened. It’s all my fault anyway.”

“He won’t listen to you. Did you see how mad he was?” Tiffany sniffed. “Just go, don’t come near me or him.” She took a step back from the doctor before turning on her heels to walk away.

+++

Tiffany arrived at her apartment, exhausted since she walked home. Her mind was full of the recurring images of how broken Taeng was when he saw them. She felt a stung in her heart. She didn’t know how she’s going to fix this since talking to Taeng would be hard from now on. She knows how he is when he’s mad.

She took out her phone a dialed the number that she had been dialing while walking home. The phone was never picked up, but she didn’t stop trying. After a two more tries, she started to look through her contacts for another person to call. She had called all of Taeng’s friends to ask them about Taeng but not one know where he was. It’s getting dark,  and Tiffany was getting more worried. She tried the last number that was on her phone which was Taeng’s stepmother.

“Hello, Mrs. Kim. It’s me again. Is Taeng home?”

“He’s not home yet dear. Why are you looking for him? Is he supposed to pick you up?”

“No.” She bit her lips, contemplating to tell the truth. “We had a fight.”

“Oh dear.” His stepmother was quiet for a moment. “Is it bad?”

“He won’t answer my calls. And it’s getting late but he’s not home yet. I’m scared.”

“Hey, don’t worry. Tae won’t do anything stupid. He’s probably somewhere to clear his mind.”

 “I know but I just want an assurance that he’s safe and sound.”

“How about I’ll ask his father to call him home?”

“Can you do that?”

“Yeah, sure. Tae never disobey his father anyway.”

“Can you give me a call once he’s home? I just…”

“Sure, Tiffany. Don’t worry, alright. I’ll call you once he’s home.”

“Thanks, Mrs. Kim. I’m really thankful to you.”

“Hey, no worries. Just let me know if you need anything else.” She paused. “And Fany?”

“Yes?”

“Try to talk to him about this okay? I know it’ll be hard, but just try. Taeng would have to listen to you someday.”

“I will. Thank you, Mrs. Kim. Sorry to bother you. Goodnight.”

“Goodnight, dear.”

+++

Town arrived at the school and parked his car in the usual spot. Right next to his, were his friends’ cars. He could see it, the way they were talking and saw Yul glanced at him He didn’t know why he even came to the school today.  He put his sunglasses on to hide his swollen eyes and stepped out of his sport car. He was determined to ignore all of his friends today as he was definitely not in the mood for any of them.

When he was about to take a step further, Yul called him.

“Taeng, are you alright?”

Taeng didn’t answer and increased his pace walking away from his friends.

Yul caught his wrist and turned him. “Taeng… talk to me.” Yul had heard from from Jessica. Tiffany had called his girlfriend last night, crying her heart out as she talked about what had happened between Taeng and her. He didn’t hear much, but seeing Taeng’s puffy eyes right now, it looked serious.

“No.”

“I can’t let you go on like this.”

“Like what?”

“Taeng…”

“Listen , stop acting like you care. I don’t need you in fact I don’t need anyone at all.”

“I’m not acting. We’ve been friends since we’re ….”

“So what?” Taeng cut off.

“I do care.”

Taeng scoffed. “Then, leave me be.”

“I’m not going…”

“F’ck off , Yul! Stop being such a pain in the .”

Yul frowned at the words that were being said. He felt like the old Taeng was coming back. The dark side of Taeng. “This is not you talking.”

“I’m perfectly fine and I don’t need some retards telling me that I’m not.”

 “You’re calling us that now?”

“Yeah, any problem with that?”

“Taeng, we’re your friends. Tell us what’s wrong.”

“Nothing’s wrong.” He replied casua

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter