Absence makes the heart grows fonder. Or Cheesier?

You're Not Sorry
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N

Hey~~~~!

It's me again. is this fast enough? hehe. I'm actually having my finals right now. But I still be able to squeeze some time to write.

2 papers down, 2 more to go.

Thanks for the comments. I read through all of it and it made my stress go away. hehe. so please leave me more comments.

So it looks like Taeng wins unanimously! haha. Huihoon is a cute kid though.

Anyway, enjoy this feet curling update :)

 

Taeng was eating breakfast with his family as usual. The usual silence swept between them as the men in his family has always been a man with few words. Only Mrs. Kim will try to make a conversation at breakfast or at a time they were having a gathering like this.

“Taeng dear, I haven’t seen your Tiffany for quite a time. Is she doing okay?” Mrs. Kim broke the silence.

Taeng almost choke but he recovered from it quickly. He was a bit taken aback by how casually his stepmother called Tiffany his. “She’s doing fine.”

“Oh, really? Did you see her at school?”

“No. Actually I haven’t seen her for days since I’ve been busy at the company.”

Mrs. Kim frowned. “You must be missing her so much.”

Taeng froze. “Y...Yeah.” He stuttered.

“You should bring her here when you got a break from work.”

“I will.” He answered in short. He wasn’t trying to be cold, in fact he was feeling contented that his stepmother was concerned about Tiffany.

“You know, this is your fault.” Mrs. Kim turned to her husband who was reading his newspaper.

“How is it my fault?” Mr. Kim looked up from the newspaper.

“Tae has been busy all week because you keep on giving him works.”

“It’s his responsibility, honey. He’s going to be my replacement one day.”

“But he’s only nineteen. He should be out there enjoying himself, not stuck in the office all day.”

“I was seventeen when my dad started training me in his company.” Mr. Kim said seriously.

“That was different. Your father was just starting out and need the help. Now, the company is all good and there are many other employees that can do the work that you have assigned to Tae.”

“I’m training him, honey. He needs to know how the business runs. From the little details, he needs to be well prepared.”

“He needs a break. If you keep on pushing him like that, he’ll be stressed.”

“Well, he needs to learn how to manage his stress then. Managing a company is a stressful job, I wouldn’t expect you to know that.”

Mrs. Kim glared at her husband for saying that.

Taeng was keeping quiet all the time his parents were bickering. It feels awkward for him to sit there and listen to their quarrel.

“Let’s eat.” Mr. Kim said.

They all started to eat breakfast, even though there was a weird mood at the table, but they managed to finish their breakfast. Mrs. Kim remained silent throughout the breakfast while her husband kept on talking to her – acting like everything was okay. But he was frustrated at last when his wife didn’t answer to him many times – the silent treatment was driving him crazy.

“Ahem!” Mr. Kim cleared his throat. “Tae, how’s thing at the company?”

“It’s going well, Dad. I’ve sealed a deal with that company you’ve been eyeing for. They agreed to do business with us as long as we oblige to their conditions.”

“Oh, and what it would be?”

“Please, no business talking when we’re eating.” Mrs. Kim interrupted them.

Both Taeng and Mr. Kim were surprised at the cold tone. Mr. Kim cleared his throat again.

“What should we talk about then?” He asked his wife.

Mrs. Kim didn’t answer and just kept on eating.

Taeng’s father heaved a huge sigh and continued eating his breakfast with a frown on his face. He knew he caused his wife to be upset with him and wasn’t going to cause her to be upset more. They all stayed quiet all through breakfast until Taeng excused himself to leave for work.

 

 

A couple of days later

Tiffany was at work again this time it was Yul again who dropped her off. Taeng told her that he had to be in the company all day to finish the presentation and documents he needs to show to the client.

“I can’t take you home too. Tell Yul..”

“I know, Taeng.” Tiffany cut him off.

“Are you mad at me?” Taeng noticed the harshness in her voice.

 “No.”

“Then why do you sound like you are?”

“I’m fine, really.”

“Did you eat yet?”

“Yes.” Tiffany lied.

“You’re lying. You won’t be this grumpy if you’ve already eaten.”

Tiffany pouted. “I’ll eat later on.”

“Now, Fany.” Taeng’s tone was a demanding one.

“Fine.”

“Good girl. Hey, I’ve got to go. I’ll call you again tonight.”

“Okay, Taeng. Take care.”

“I will. I love you.”

“Bye Taeng.”

Taeng frowned on the other line but he shrugged it off. “Goodbye.”

Tiffany hung up and let out a huge sigh. She was sad that she couldn’t see Taeng for days now. Although Taeng would always call her - tell her to eat and stuffs but she still want to see him in person. She missed him. He had been busy since he got back from Japan as the workloads keep on increasing as time goes by. And it doesn’t help that the dreams that she had kept on reoccurring and it was tiring for her to go through without Taeng by her side. She finds it hard to fall asleep when she was alone at home because then she’ll be left with nothing to think besides dreading the day that Siwon would find her again. She didn’t even sleep last night afraid that her nightmares will come again.

‘He said he was going to make me feel safe again.’ Tiffany thought to herself.

“Hey, Tiffany.”

Tiffany looked up from her phone and saw a familiar face in front of her.

“Hi Tommy.” She said gloomily.

“Wow, you’re always excited for me.” Tommy replied sarcastically.

“Sorry, I’m having a bad day.”

“Not enough sleep?”

“You could say that.”

“Why?”

“Nothing.”

“Trouble falling asleep?”

Tiffany nodded.

“Did you eat something before going to bed?”

“Yah, I didn’t eat.” Tiffany felt offended.

“I’m just asking because it’s one of the reasons you might find it hard to fall asleep.”

“It’s not that. It’s just that bad dreams kept me awake.”

“Bad dreams?”

“Yup.” Tiffany answered simply.

“Mind telling me?”

Tiffany shook her head. She couldn’t possibly tell Thomas about it. She couldn’t even tell Taeng about it.

“I’m your doctor, Tiffany.”

Tiffany raised her eyebrows. “You’re playing that card with me?”

“Of course.”

“I won’t tell you.”

“Aish. You want somebody to talk to?

Tiffany thought for a while. “Who?”

“I have a friend. She’s a psychiatrist. She’s good at this kind of stuff.”

“I don’t know.”

“Come on, I’m only trying to help. You don’t have to tell me. Just her.”

“I’ll think about it.”

“Good. Give me a call if you’re ready okay.”

“Alright. Hey, what do you want to order?”

“Now you’re asking me?” Thomas faked a hurt expression. “I’m just here for my dose of coffee. The same one you gave me these couple of days.” Thomas actually came to Boa’s cafe every evening for his cup of coffee since the day he helped Tiffany with her groceries.

“Oh, that latte? Anything else?”

“What’s the special?”

“My personal favourite. Spaghettis Meatballs.” Tiffany smiled excitedly.

“Okay, I’ll get that one.” He grinned.

“Alright, coming right up. Wait at that table.”

“Okay, Fany.” Thomas gave her a smile and walked to the table she pointed at.

Tiffany walked toward Thomas’s table and put down the tray of his food. She smiled at him and was going to walk away.

“Tiffany, can you tell your little dongsaeng to stop glaring at me?”

“Huh?” Tiffany looked at the way Thomas was pointing at and saw Huihoon crossing his arms at the counter. She chuckled. “Ignore him. He’s so silly.”

“Why doesn’t he like me?”

“I don’t know, ask him.”

Thomas raised his eyebrows. “I think you know why. Tell me. I deserve to know don’t I?”

“Alright, it’s not that he doesn’t like you. He’s just looking out for me.”

“What? Why? I’m not doing anything bad to you.”

“Actually he’s looking out for Taeng.” Tiffany added.

“Taeng? That boy who was with you when you were at my clinic?”

“Yes.”

“Why? Is he your boyfriend or something?”

“Actually. Yes.” Tiffany said truthfully.

“Woah. I just knew that.” Thomas sipped his latte quietly.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter