The Koala and Her Jealous Tree

You're Not Sorry
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N

Hi guys, here's another update from me.

thanks for the comments and subscribes.

:)

 

It was recess, two boys were standing in front of the cafeteria entrance looking so absorbed in their own conversation that they didn’t notice another presence behind them.

 “Are you sure about that?”

“Yeah, I’m dead sure.”

“What were they doing?”

“I don’t know. Talking and sharing stuffs? Their conversation looked serious though.”

“Are you sure it’s Tiffany?”

“Yah! I’m not blind yet. And this is the fifth time you’re asking me that.” Dennis raised his voice, irritated that his friend won’t believe him.

“You saw both of them, last night?”

Dennis nodded confidently. “He had his car parked at the side of the street. I saw his car once at the café, so I know for sure it’s him.”

Yul sighed. “That’s when Tiffany went missing. Yesterday, she wasn’t at the café when I went to pick her up. Maybe that doctor sent her home.”

“Do you think Taeng knows about it?”

Yul shook his head. “If he knows, the doctor won’t be alive right now.”

“What should we do?”

Yul sighed again. “If Taeng knows, it’ll cause a war.”

“But you know how he is, he won’t like it if we keep things from him.”

“I know, but this is between him and Tiffany. We shouldn’t meddle in their business.”

“Do you think Tiffany is cheating on him?”

Yul shrugged his shoulders. “Doesn’t seem like it. Tiffany doesn’t seem like that kind of girl.”

Denny was quiet before speaking again. “Do you think Sunny seems like that kind of girl?”

Yul raised his eyebrows. “What does that got to do with our discussion?”

“I’m just asking you for the fun of it.”

Yul smacked Denny’s head. “This is serious, Den. Don’t get distracted.”

“ME? Distracted? Never.” Denny said dramatically.

“You do know that we can hear you guys?” Sunny’s voice came from behind the two guys who were whispering to each other in front of the cafeteria. Besides her, Jessica was crossing her arms, eyeing them suspiciously.

Both of the boys straightened up, and acted like nothing happened. They walked towards the table that they usually at and took their seats. All the while, the girls kept their eyes on them and continued scrutinizing them, expecting answers.

“How much did you hear?” Dennis asked nervously, scratching his neck.

“Hurm, let me think.”Sunny pondered for a while. “Maybe since you dragged Yul away and pulled him into this corner, acting so secretively.”

“Can you pretend that you didn’t hear it?”

“No. Now spill.” Sunny demanded.

“Can’t. This is strictly for us boys only.” Dennis said seriously.

“Seobang!” Jessica glared at Yul, she was also demanding an explanation.

“I can’t tell you, Sica. We’re not sure yet.”

“But Dennis was so sure he saw Tiffany with Thomas together.”

Yul gulped. “You heard that much huh?”

“Yes. Now, tell us more.”

Yul grunted. “Fine. You’ve heard most of it anyway. Dennis saw Tiffany in a car with the doctor last night, and it was also the night that Tiffany mysteriously disappears. Taeng and I were looking for her crazily, since she didn’t pick up her phone.”

“So, what are you guys saying? Tiffany sees Thomas behind Taeng’s back?”

“We don’t know that. But it seemed like it. Why else would she be seeing him in the middle of the night, not bothering to tell Taeng about it.” Yul explained his point of views.

“Maybe she was consulting Thomas, you know, he is Tiffany’s doctor.” Sunny tried to come up with a valid reason.

“But does it make any sense to you that they would meet like that in a car?”

“We can’t make any assumptions, Yul.”

“So what then? What should we do?”

“Well, for now, we should just stay quiet and let them handle their own relationship.”

“So you want me to stay still and watch my bestfriend  get cheated by his girlfriend?”

“No. We don’t know if it’s true. What if we tell Taeng , and it turns out that Tiffany is innocent. We would only be adding fuel into the fire that Taeng already has against the doctor.”

“Yeah, and that would only make thing worse.” Jessica agreed with Sunny’s statement.

“You know I don’t hide things from Taeng, Sica.” Yul said seriously.

“It’s for his own good. Taeng would go ballistic if we tell him.”

“Tell me what?” A voice interrupted the group much heated discussion. All four of them froze hearing the familiar voice and started to give eye signals to each other to keep their mouth shut.

They turned their head to Taeng who was walking towards them, with his hand intertwined with his girlfriend, Tiffany.

“Oh, hi Taeng.” Jessica greeted him awkwardly while the others only gave him an awkward nods.

“Hey guys!” Tiffany greeted cheerfully.

“Hey Tiff!” Sunny and Jessica greeted her back with the same enthusiasm.

“So what were you guys talking about?” Taeng asked his friends.

“Nothing. Just some stuffs.” Sunny answered nervously.

Taeng raised his eyebrows. “I heard my name though. Were you talking behind my back again?”

“Us? Nahh, we’ll never do that.” Dennis interjected.

“Yeah, Taeng. You’re just imagining them.”

Taeng scoffed. “Something’s fishy. Spill now.”

“We’re not hiding anything from you.” Dennis answered immediately.

“Who says anything about hiding?” Taeng raised his eyebrows again.

Yul elbowed Dennis in the rib for almost giving them out. “Fine. We were just talking about the fight you had with the doctor last night.” Yul tried to cover up.

“Oh.” Taeng breathed out. He glanced at Tiffany and saw she was frowning. “What about it?” Taeng answered while observing his girlfriend’s reaction.

“We’re just thinking that it’s weird that he didn’t hit you back. He is bigger than you.”

“So?”

“We personally think that he can beat you if he wanted to.”

“Wow, thanks guys. For being so supportive of me.”

“It’s true, Taeng. He’s taller than you.” Dennis added.

Taeng glared at Dennis for ridiculing his height. “Would you like to see if he can beat me for real? I’ll personally see him after school to beat the hell out of him , just for your sake.” He said sarcastically.

Then he felt his hand squeezed by his girlfriend. He looked at Tiffany and saw her giving him a disapproving look. Taeng sighed and was somehow hurt by her worrying about the doctor. He turned away to look at his other friends again, this time he disconnected their hands.

“Hah, I’ll like to see that. I still can’t believe that I missed the fight.” Yul sighed out disappointingly.

“How about I give you a taste of it?” Taeng said seriously, holding up a fist.

“Oooh, that’s really cute lil Tae.” Yul patted Taeng’s head like a little kid.

“Yah! How dare you!” Taeng yelled. He was angry, he stood up from his seat, walked around it and headed towards Yul.

Tiffany panicked; she thought that Taeng was going to get into a fight again. “Taeng, stop..” She didn’t finish her words when she saw Taeng got caught in a headlock by Yul.

“What were you saying, kiddo?” Yul teased Taeng who was struggling against his grip.

“Yah, let go of me.”

“Nuh uh. What’s the magic word?”

“F’k you.”

“Language, Taeng.” Yul ruffled Taeng’s head.

“Get off me, Yul.”

“Magic word.”

Taeng who was getting frustrated, resolved to the only method that he knows of, Yul’s weakness.

“Yah Yah. Okay Okay. I’m letting you go.” Yul said in between his breaths. “Stop it already.”

“Serve you right. Now what’s the magic word?” Taeng continued his attacks on him even though he was already freed from Yul’s capture.

“Okay, okay. I’m sorry, your majesty.” Yul gave up and struggled to catch his breath.

“Good boy.” Taeng stopped his attacks and returned back to his seat.

Yul stood up and straightened himself. “Thanks for the help, Den.” Yul glared at Dennis.

“What? I’m not going to get involved in such thing. I got a reputation.” Dennis defended himself.

Yul scoffed. “What reputation?”

“Can you sit down already? Everyone’s looking.” Jessica hissed at her boyfriend. Since the two friends decided to start a tickle war earlier, everyone in the cafeteria was looking at them, slightly taken aback at how the school’s troublemaker was acting. Especially the way Taeng was showing his playful side when he tickled Yul until he was on lying flat on the floor.

Yul looked around them and saw everyone’s looking at their table. He took a bow and spoke again. “Show’s over, thanks for watching.” He finally sat down when Jessica pulled him down forcefully, already embarr

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter