Promises Are Hard To Keep

You're Not Sorry
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N

Hi loyal readers! It's been a week huh. Sorry for not updating that fast. I was just worried because the way AFF's website had been. I might lost my chapters you know. but since I've left it too long, I've decided to update for you guys. Here's an update. This is a very long chapter, and it contained many cheessy, fluff, and also a bit of drama. Enjoy.

A couple of days later.

Taeng was still busy with his responsibility in the company, but he managed to squeeze some time for his beloved girlfriend. In the morning, Taeng would still attend school and go through the lessons normally. His father insisted that he should attend school no matter how busy he was, unless there’s an important meeting to be present at.  Taeng has no objection to this since he was happy that he could spend time with his friends and Tiffany.

Once school finishes, Taeng would send Tiffany to work and without wasting any second, he’ll head to his father's company right away. Of course, it was hard for Taeng to juggle school and work at the same time, but because of his father, he determined to do it at his most.

 After getting off work, Taeng would drop by at the café and accompany Tiffany until she finished her shift. While waiting for Tiffany, Taeng would sit at the table and play with his iPad or looking through his emails with regards to his work. Usually, he’ll be soon joined by his noisy friends and eat dinner together.

“Hey, Taeng.” Yul greeted his best friend, offering him a fist bump, but he was ignored pitifully.

“Taeng, you’re early.” Dennis greeted his friend excitedly and sat across Taeng on the bench-like cushion.

“I’m always early, unlike you guys.”

Yul scoffed. “You’re early because you can’t wait to see your precious girlfriend.”

Taeng glared at him. “So what? I don’t have the luxury to hang around her all the time like you guys.” He said with a tinge of bitterness, taking a glance at his girlfriend who was busy chatting with Jessica and Sunny at the counter.

“Auw, don’t be mad at us.” Yul persuaded.

“I’m not mad at you guys. I’m just mad at myself.”

“Yah, why are you so moody? Cheer up. I heard your dad give you a couple of days off from work.”

“Yeah. But that’s because I have to fly to Japan in a couple of days.”

“Japan?!" Yul shouted a bit.

“Yah, can you low down your voice? She’ll hear you.” Taeng hissed at his friend.

“She didn’t know yet?”

“Nope. That is actually what I wanted to discuss with you guys.”

“What it is?”

Stealing another glance at the girls, he leaned forward to whisper to his curious friends. “It’s going to be Tiffany’s birthday in a couple of days.”

“No, . When?”

“Unfortunately, the same day I’ll be flying to Japan.”

“Ohh.” Both Yul and Dennis breathed out. “That’s why you’re so moody.” They finally get why Taeng was  gloomy earlier.

“So what are you going to do?” Dennis asked hesitantly.

“I want to celebrate her birthday early. You know, a day earlier.”

“Can we do that?”

“Why can’t we?” Yul answered excitedly. “Hey, we can celebrate it here. I’ll tell Noona about it.” Again, Yul spoke with his loud voice.

Taeng smacked Yul’s head, giving him the punishment he deserved. “I told you to keep your voice down.”

“Aish, Taeng. Don’t worry about it. Tiffany wouldn’t know a thing.” Yul spoke confidently.

“Know what?” Tiffany’s voice interrupted them.

Taeng looked up and saw Tiffany looking at them suspiciously. He smacked his palm against his forehead and cursed his friend in his mind.

“Err.. that.. What are we talking about again?” Yul stuttered.

“What do you mean Tiffany?” Dennis asked nervously.

“I heard my name. What wouldn’t I know about?”

“It’s nothing, baby. Come sit.” Taeng pulled Tiffany to sit on his lap while shooting glares at both of his friends for almost giving them out.

“I can’t, Taeng. There’re still customers.” Tiffany stood up immediately before her bottom could reach his lap.

Taeng pouted. “Take a rest. You’ve been working nonstop.”

“You know it’s been a busy night.” Tiffany pinched his cheeks. “So what would you guys want?”

“I’ll have the usual, Tiffy.”

“Don’t call me that, Den.”

“Why it’s catchy.”

“It sounds weird.”

“So Fany is not weird?” Dennis challenged, stealing glances at Taeng who was still pouting.

“Yah, it’s not weird at all. I gave her that name, and it’s only me who calls her that.” Taeng defended possessively.

Dennis chuckled at Taeng’s reaction. “Fine, Fine. She’s all yours , Taeng. I’m just messing with you.”

Taeng glared at Dennis and continued his pouting act.

“Yul? Want anything?” Tiffany asked Yul who was quiet since the girls joined the table.

“Oh, just coffee for me.” Yul answered with his eyes apparently on his girlfriend who was looking for a spot to sit.

 “I got to go. I’ll join you guys later, okay.” Tiffany said to her friends and pouting boyfriend before walking away to another table.

“Cute, Taeng.” Sunny said looking at Taeng’s pouting face.

Taeng immediately changed his expression. “Alright, now back to business.”

“What business?” Sunny asked while squeezing her way in, to sit next to Dennis.

“Oh, Taeng’s planning a birthday surprise for Tiffany.” Yul said coolly.

Taeng glared for the nth time at his friend. “Nice, Yul.”

“What? We can tell them about it. Just not Tiffany.”

“Wahh, Taeng. So romantic.” Sunny squealed excitedly.

While they’re busy discussing the details of the party, they didn’t notice a quiet Jessica who was standing all the time. They didn’t notice the cold atmosphere surrounding both Jessica and Yul. They didn’t notice that the couple was acting so distant with each other, mostly from Jessica towards Yul.

“Yah, Sica, why are you standing?” Sunny asked finally noticing the dazed Jessica.

“Taeng won’t move.”

“Why do you want to sit here? Go sit on your Seobang.” Taeng said casually.

“Get up will you?” Jessica said with an annoyed tone.

Yul gave a signal to Taeng to get up and gave up his seat to Jessica.

“Fine.” Taeng sat up and let Jessica in before he took a seat beside her.

“What’s up with you guys?” Sunny asked.

“Nothing.” The couple answered monotonously.

“This isn’t nothing.”

“Yeah, where’s the lovey-dovey couple?”

“I told you it’s nothing.” Jessica said sternly, warning them not to ask further.

Unfortunately, Taeng didn’t take the warning since he started to ask again. “Did you guys have a fight?”

Yul sighed. “No, we’re just tired from school. Can we stop talking about this?”

“Alright. If you said so.” Taeng paused. “So, about the plan, are you guys cool with it?”

“Sure!” Dennis and Sunny answered enthusiastically while Jessica and Yul only nodded timidly.

 

Taeng and his friends waited until Tiffany was done with her shift. Tiffany came to their table and sat next to an instantly smiling Taeng.

“Finally, you’re done.” Taeng breathed out. He moved towards Tiffany and wrapped his arm around her, bringing her closer to him

“Taeng’s been whining about you.” Sunny said teasingly.

“I did not do such thing.” Taeng denied.

“Pfftt. You’ve been complaining about it since we got here.” Dennis joined in.

“Yah, why am I always the target?”

“Because you’re like a kid waiting for his mother to finish working.”

Taeng glared at the couple that was teasing him. “I’m not a kid.”

“You looked like one. With that babyface and height, people can mix up you with a middle schooler.”

“What is this talk about height again?” Taeng complained. “I can still grow you know. I can outgrow you.”

“And who told you that?”

“My doctor.” Taeng said proudly.

Yul scoffed. “He must be lying through his teeth.” He said under his breath.

Taeng caught what Yul said and glared at him angrily. “Can you give me some hope? Stop shooting my hopes down.”

“We’re your friends. We don’t want to lie to you. You can’t grow anymore, kid Tae.” Dennis said while patting Taeng’s shoulder.

“Shut up.” Taeng muttered furiously.

Tiffany however was just quiet listening to all of her friends’ conversation. Her thoughts were already elsewhere when she heard the word lie. She felt guilty for hiding things from Taeng.

“Fany?” Taeng disturbed her train of thoughts. “Are you okay?”

“Urm?” Tiffany looked at her boyfriend’s worried eyes. “I’m fine. Just tired.”

“Oh, come on. I’ll take you home.” He stood up, pulling Tiffany with him.

“Yah Yah, where are you taking her? We’re not finished yet.”

“She’s tired guys, maybe next time.” Taeng answered before Tiffany could say a word.

“Auw, come on Taeng. The night is still young.”

“We got school tomorrow. And it’s already past midnight.”

All of the people at the table heaved a loud sigh. “I forgot about school.” Sunny said tiredly.

“So, it’s time to go. We’ll be taking off first.” Taeng said and drag a quiet Tiffany with him out to his car.

“Goodbye Tiffany. And Taeng, don’t be naughty.” Dennis managed to shout before they exited the café.

 

In the car, Taeng was driving with a big smile on his face. Feeling quite excited by the plans that he had discussed with his friends. He couldn’t wait to for Tiffany’s birthday surprise. But first, Tiffany has another surprise in store from him. His private surprise.

“Why are you so happy suddenly?”

“Huh?”

“You looked very elated.”

“What’s that supposed to mean? Anyway, I’m happy because I got to see you.”

“You saw me yesterday, and the day before yesterday.”

“I know, but today it’s different.”

Tiffany raised her eyebrow. “What is different?”

Taeng only gave her a smile and continued driving without saying anything further.

But the silence was broken when Tiffany suddenly asked Taeng to stop his car out of nowhere.

Taeng was taken aback but he abide what Tiffany asked and stopped his car on the side of the street.

“What’s wr..” Taeng couldn’t finish what he was saying because Tiffany was already out of the car running and disappearing into the night.

Taeng grew worried as he immediately got out of his car to follow his girlfriend afraid that she’ll go missing. Running towards his girlfriend, Taeng managed to look ahead of her, at what she was running to.

The place was different from the way it was from their last visit. There were broken glasses everywhere, and shredded papers all over the place, but Taeng could still recognize the place.

Taeng saw his girlfriend stopped in her tracks and he immediately ran towards her, grabbing her hands with his.

“Yah! Don’t run away like that.” Taeng scolded Tiffany angrily. He was a little bit startled from the stunt Tiffany pulled earlier.

Tiffany didn’t answer Taeng, instead she stared at the building in front of her – she was in trance.

“Fany-ah.” Taeng shook his girlfriend, to wake her up from her thoughts.

“What happened?” Tiffany finally said after a couple of minutes.

“Maybe some naughty kids were having a little bit too much fun.” Taeng answered.

Tiffany was not convinced. She took another step towards the building but was stopped by her boyfriend.

“Don’t, Fany. They might still be in there.”

“But I want to know what happened.”

Taeng sighed. He knows Tiffany wouldn’t leave without getting her answers. He took a hold one of Tiffany hands and squeezed it gently. “Stay

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter