Overboard

You're Not Sorry
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A couple of days passed by.

“Dude, are you ready for today?”

“What’s with today?”

“Our match, Taeng. The dodgeball is scheduled on Monday, duhh. Didn’t you look at the pamphlet I gave you?” Taeng shook his head.

“So, that’s why you told us to meet at the gym.”

“You’re impossible, I guess I have to be your personal reminder again. I knew you did this on purpose, right Taeng?”Yul said battling his eyelashes together.

“In your dreams, Yul.”he shoved Yul’s head.

“Hey, guys.” Jessica, Sunny and Tiffany greeted them.

“Wassup, my hommies!” Denny greeted while struggling to give the boys a gangsta handshake. The girls just laughed at them.

“So, who knows the team we’re going against?”said Denny.

“I heard it’s going to be Jay Park’s team.”Sunny answered. Taeng’s eyes immediately searched for Tiffany’s. She just nodded at him.

“Dude, I hate that guy.”Yul said irritatingly. “Sica, why did you even date that idiot in the past?”

“Seobang, why did you bring that up? And I was just a kid, babe.”she whined at him tugging his arm.

“Fine.”he gave a quick peck at her lips.

“I feel like throwing up.” said Taeng while holding his stomach.

“Jealous, Taeng! Here, I’ll give you one.” Yul quickly kissed Taeng’s cheek and ran away from him.

“Damn Yul! Wait till I get you.”he started to chase Yul around the gym. The girls and Dennis laughed at their friends childish acts. Taeng kept his eyes locked on Yul, determined to get him, but he stopped immediately when he saw Yul bowing to a person.

“Good morning, Principal Kim.”Yul greeted.

“Morning, Yul. You’re looking extremely cheerful today.”

“Of course, sir. It’s Sport’s Week.”

“Good to see you enjoy it.”

“Are you going to watch our games, sir?”

“Can’t Yul. I’m just here for the opening.”he looked around and spotted Taeng.

“Hey, Tae. Good luck with your games today.”

“Thank you, sir.”Taeng bowed at him. All his other friends follow his moves as Principal Kim started to exit the gym.

“Fuhh, that was awkward.”said Yul. Taeng moves closer to Yul quietly and knocked on his head hard.

“Yahh! That’s not fair.”he rubbed his head trying to get it go away.

“Auww, do you need a kiss to make it all better?” Taeng said baby-ishly.

“Yup.”

“Sica, kiss your desperate boyfriend all better.”he commanded Jessica.

“And I thought you hate our PDA. Taeng, I know you love it.”said Yul trying to take revenge.

“Shut up, Yul.”

 

They were waiting for their turn for the match, as their group have been called up to the court. Their opposite team, was as expected, Jay Park’s team.

“Dude, I swear, that Taecyeon grow muscles instantly. Look at his arms.”Yul pointed at a tall guy doing his push up on a bench.

“I know right. Look at Chansung’s too.”Dennis joined in.

“Yahh, if you finished spazzing about their body, can we get back on the discussion.”

“Why are you so serious, Taeng? It’s just a dodgeball game.”

“Yeah, but we still need a strategy.”he said seriously.

“Yes, team leader.”Both Yul and Dennis said at the same time.

“Okay, our plan is to avoid the ball ..”Yul scoffed and earned a pinch from Jessica. “and be quick on our feet. Whatever you do, don’t just stay at one place. Just keep moving. And girls, please be careful with yourselves. We’re obviously disadvantaged here. If anything, just stay behind us. I got a feeling that they’re going to play dirty.”he said seriously while staring at the opposite’s team leader.

The other team was obviously there for a show. They were parading their bodies, yes, they play without their shirts on. They keep on doing acrobatic moves in the court and keeping the crowd pumped out. The audience were mostly girls, obviously fangirls of the opposite team.

“The final match will be between Taeng’s Army VS Jaywalkerz.”the host for the event announced. Taeng slapped Yul’s arm.

“Ouch!”he winced in pain.

“Seriously, Yul? What the heck.”

“It’s better than Jaywalkerz though.”he laughed.

“Yeah, Taeng. Chill. We got your back, Commander.”Dennis and Yul laughed at Taeng’s cringed expression.

After a brief introduction to the game rules, they finally started when the referee blew his whistle.

Jay’s team got the ball from the earlier coin throw. He started by purposely throws the ball straight at Yul’s face, wanting to taunt him. The referee obviously notices that, but he just ignores it. Yul caught the ball and threw it back at him almost instantaneously. Jay avoided it and his teammate, Taecyeon took the ball and takes an aim at Taeng. Since Dennis, is the school basketball team player, he intercepted the ball before it can hit Taeng. Dennis passed the ball to Taeng, who caught it and fake a throw at Chansung who flinched immediately. When he saw a chance, he threw the ball at Wooyoung who was laughing at Chansung; obviously distracted. Wooyoung’s the first one who got eliminated.

The ball now was in Jay’s hands again. He passed the ball to Junho. Junho threw the ball at the girls who were standing behind the boys. They tried to avoid it, but Jessica was too slow to react and she got eliminated. Those who were eliminated, needs to stay out of the court and can only be revive if their teammates catch the ball.

“Seobang, Fighting!”Jessica cheered from outside.

“Yah, what about us?”Sunny yelled. Jessica just stuck her tongue out at Sunny.

“Taeng, we have to attack someone now. Who?”asked Dennis

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter