Coming Home

You're Not Sorry
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N

Hi, here's another update.

Back in Korea,

It was about half an hour ago, that Tiffany jumped out of a car and ran away as fast as she could. She heard Huihoon calling for her but she didn’t slow down, instead she increased her pace and finally Huihoon had lost track of her.

Now, Tiffany was dragging her feet along the sidewalk of the highway. She didn’t have any idea where she was, and where she should go. The night was getting colder and it didn’t help that Tiffany was only wearing a thin layer of clothes. She started to shiver in the dark, hugging herself to keep her warm.

Her feet finally wavered, as she dropped to the ground on her knees. She cried right then, not because of the pain from her now bleeding knees, but from the immense pain coming from her heart.

“Taeng…” Tiffany sobbed silently, hugging her knees. She needs her boyfriend right now, to take all the pain and stress she was feeling.

To add to her misery, the night was getting darker and to her it was the worst case scenario. She’s afraid of the dark, and right now, there’s nothing else but the darkness surrounding her.

Tiffany started to experience a panic attack, her breathing started to hitch as her sobbing getting louder. She was scared because she can’t see anything around her. She wanted to scream but there was no sound coming out of her. She just sat there, hugging her knees closer and cried silently hoping that someone would come and freed her from the darkness.

 

“You f’king idiot! I told you to buy my beers on your way home. Where the hell is it?” Her father yelled at her.

“I tried to daddy, but the lady didn’t let me. She said that I’m not old enough.”

“I don’t care about that. I want my f’king drinks!”

“I’ll get it for you tomorrow, daddy. I promise.”

“No, you get out there and get me my beers right now!”

“But daddy, it’s already late” She said. “Can I sleep first? Tomorrow , I’ll get someone to buy it for me.” She tried to negotiate with her father. Truthfully, she was exhausted from her night job that she took at a restaurant, cleaning the dishes all night. When she was done with it, all she wanted was to go home and rest her tired body for awhile, before waking up for school the next morning.

“I don’t give a f’ck.” Tiffany’s father grabbed her hair and dragged her across the room towards the front door. He pushed her out of the house. “Don’t come home until you get me that beer!” He spat for the last time and slammed the door to her face.

“Daddy!” She cried, knocking her fists on the door.

“F’ck off! Go get that beer!” Her father yelled through the door.

Tiffany stopped her poundings when the lights of the front porch went out. It was dark and Tiffany couldn’t utter a word because she was too scared. There were weird noises coming from all of her direction and she started to shiver in fear.

“Are you still out there? I’m not letting you in without any beers.”

“Daddy, please let me in. It’s cold and scary out here.”

“No!”

“Daddy, please…”

The front door opened and her father stood in the doorway. “Stop whining out here.” He pushed her to the ground. “This is your punishment for disobeying me. You can sleep out here in the cold, or go to the store to buy my drinks. Your choice.” He smirked at the end of his words.

“Daddy… I can’t.”

“Then, out here you’ll stay.” He slammed the door closed and left his daughter out in the cold night.

Tiffany froze when the door was slammed to her face for the second time. For a moment there, she thought her father would let her in, but she was wrong.

She started to walk away from the house, heading towards the stores that she hoped would give her what her father wants. She went from one store to another, begging the worker to sell the beers to her; she was willing to buy it at a more expensive price.

Unfortunately for Tiffany, all of them declined her and also started to curse her for drinking liquor at a young age. She sighed heavily as her body slid down the wall of the store. She sat down and brought her knees closer to her chest. Her tears started to roll down her face and soon her exhaustion took over. She fell asleep there, on the sidewalk where stray cats and dogs usually sleep at. That’s what she was feeling right now, a stray beings who don’t belong to anyone.

 

Tiffany snapped from her thoughts, and remembered something. She fished out her phone from her jeans and dialed up her boyfriend’s number. It was usually Taeng that would call her, he said that her bills would be high if she was the one who called, thus, Taeng would always be the one who called. But right now, Tiffany couldn’t care less; she wanted to talk to her boyfriend, she want to end all of this right there. She wanted to tell all of it to him so that she wouldn’t suffer anymore from the guilt that she was feeling right now.

But the phone was not picked up, as the dial tone went on for a long time before it was led into the voicemail. Tiffany was disappointed, just when she got the courage, the opportunity was shot down. She started to cry again, feeling frustrated with herself.

She stayed still in her position for a couple of hours, letting out all of her frustration through her tears. She could not move since she had lost all her strength and exhausted from all the running she did earlier. She could hear the sound of cars passing her as she sat alone on the side of the road. All she wanted right now was to go home, but it was impossible since she couldn’t even stand properly because of the injuries on her knees.

She felt pain from the opened wound and started to feel dizzy all of the sudden. She was just on the brink of losing consciousness when she heard a car screeched to a stop right in front of her.

Tiffany received the shock of her life when she felt a hand on her shoulder and soon she was carried up in the air. She panicked and started to struggle to release herself. Her mind was in turmoil and she was now worried to death.

“Taeng, help me!” She tried to yell but the sound didn’t come out and it only managed to echo in her head.

 

“Did you get her, Hoon?”

“No, hyung. She ran away when she saw me after her.”

Yul ruffled his hair. “This shouldn’t be happening.”

“Noona must be so cold right now. It’s freezing out here.”

“We have to find her. Taeng would be furious if we lost her.”

“Are you going to tell him?”

“About what?”

“About Noona.”

Yul groaned. “If we can’t find her, we have to tell Taeng.”

“Tell him everything?”

Yul nodded. “Everything. He deserved it.”

“But Noona wants it to be a secret.”

“Hoon, I don’t know what kind of secret it was but this will be the best time for you tell me what it is.”

Huihoon pondered for while, he was weighing his options. If tell Yul, then maybe it Yul would lay off Tiffany for the moment. On the other hand, things might as well turn for the worse and all of these would be pinned on his Noona.

“If I tell you, promise me that you won’t go on and judge her anymore.”

“Would it change anything?”

“Yes, Hyung.”

“Fine, I promise.”

****

 Taeng woke up with a headache. He didn’t know how or when did he end up in his hotel room on his bed.

“Tae? Open the door.” His father’s voice came from the door.

He groaned frustratedly and sat up before walking towards the door.

“What?” He said rudely.

“What do you mean what? What were you doing last night?”

“I was sleeping.”

“Before that.”

Taeng raised his eyebrow. “I don’t remember.”

“Do you know how you got here?”

“I walked here?”

“No, the hotel staffs carried you up to your room.” His father said sternly. “They said you fainted in the middle of t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter