Mildang (밀당) - Push, Pull and Snap

You're Not Sorry
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N

Hi guys. I managed to update within a week. YAY ME! and my fever is all gone. double yayy! I guess this is a bad time to be happy with all the sadness going around in the previous chapter huh? anyway, this new one. Enjoy!

 

From that day, the house of Kwons, Jungs and also the Kims were extremely busy settling the final details of the big wedding coming up. The Kims were busy too because both of the families are good friends of theirs, so they also play important parts of their own, particularly the only Son in the house. He was after all the groom’s best man, so he took charge of lots of things regarding the big event.

The day finally arrived, all of the people involved woke up with different things in mind. One woke up worrying about every single detail of the wedding, afraid that it will not go the way as his other half wanted. While his other half, woke up with a very bright smile on her face skipping around the house basically waking up every person in the house to get ready for the most important day in her life.

Their friends were also busy too, making up the last minute check on the party caterers, planners, the wedding officiator and also checking up on the newlyweds-to-be.

However, one home was peaceful as their day started like any other day like it was a normal thing for them to have a big event in the later afternoon.

“Good morning, Tiffany.” Taeng’s stepmother greeted her as she took a step into the kitchen.

“ Morning, Umma.” She smiled.

“Are you ready for the wedding?”

“I guess so, I mean I’m not the one who’s getting married, so I’m all up and ready.”

“Yeah, I can see that. You look pretty in that dress.”

“Thanks. Taeng picked it for me.”

“Really? But he said you’re the one who wanted a pink dress.”

“There’s another one in hot pink, but Taeng said that I should take this instead of the other one.” Tiffany frowned slightly, still longing for the hot pink dress.

When the people in charge of her dress called last night, she didn’t actually believe that they have already done with her dress. She was even amazed when they told her that they made two shades of pink and asked her to choose one. She was going to take the obvious choice, but Taeng told her to take a lighter colored one since this ceremony was meant for Jessica to be in the limelight. He joked that if she wore the hot pink one, people were going to think they came for a Nicky Minaj Special Fashion Show instead of a wedding. She pouted at his insulting joke but obliged since she didn’t want people’s eyes on her. She would feel really awkward and uncomfortable by those judging eyes.

Nevertheless, she was glad she picked the one she was wearing currently because it was a really pretty one. She didn’t actually know how and when the dress got into her room, hanged on the door of the guest’s wardrobe but she assumed that someone must have put it there for her. She just needed to figure out who it was.

Mrs. Kim chuckled. “Still obsessed with the color huh?”

“Huh?” Tiffany snapped from her thoughts and blushed. “Yeah, a little bit. But I think I can control it now.”

“Good for you, my dear. Now sit down and eat the omelette I cooked for you.”

“Oh, we’re not waiting for Taeng?”

“He has woken up early and went to Yul’s house to help him get ready.”

“Oh.” Tiffany was a little disappointed that he didn’t say anything to her. But she understands that she was no longer his top priority anymore.

Although, they almost get into another fight when she joked with him that he should get the person’s number when she saw him eyeing someone in the restaurant she ate with him a couple of days ago. But Taeng threw a fit and told her that he was not checking out any girl, he just thought that the girl was familiar. That was it was like with him, he always scold her for saying those things to him but he didn’t know that deep inside, Tiffany was only making jokes about it to ease the hurt she was feeling inside when she knows that he was no longer his and can’t do anything to prevent him from doing it.  She can’t directly say ‘Hey, look at me. Stop looking at the pretty girl and pay attention to me instead’ to the boy. She silently sighed at her thought before taking a seat at the dining table.

“He’s going to stay with Yul until the wedding ends, so you’re actually attending it with us instead. You don’t mind, do you?”

“I don’t mind. I think it’s going to be fun.” She looked up from her breakfast and beamed.

“Of course, it will. If you’re lucky, you’re going to see Taeng’s father in tears.”

“Really?”

“Yeah, he was so melancholic yesterday, saying how Yul has grown up so fast.”

“Wow, I didn’t know that he is that sensitive.”

“Well, he is. He thinks of Yul as his own son.”

Right on cue, Taeng’s father walks in, all ready in his tuxedo. He took a seat, greet them morning and was all prepared to eat breakfast when he realized that two pairs of eyes were on him. He looked up and saw them looking at him with a smile upon their faces.

“What?”

“Nothing.” Mrs. Kim giggled and winked at Tiffany, asking her to keep it as a secret.

Mr. Kim raised his eyebrow. “Are you badmouthing me again?”

Mrs. Kim acted surprised. “What? Me?”

“Yeah. You have that sneaky look again.”

“I would never.” She acted very serious but burst out into a giggle when her eyes met Tiffany’s.

“What did she tell you, Tiffany?”

“Err…”

“Come on, just tell me.”

“I….”

“Honey, stop interrogating her.”

“What? I want to know what you said to her.”

“Why? It’s a girl thing.”

“Well, I for one, is a very sensitive man, so I think I deserve to know this kind of things.”

Mrs. Kim has to laugh at that. “Sure you are.” She winked at Tiffany again.

“Wait, what is that winking all about?”

Mrs. Kim stuck her tongue out at her husband. “I’m not gonna tell you.”

“Yahhh.”

“What are you whining about? Eat your breakfast.”

He pouted. “Fine. You meanie.”

Tiffany smiled widely seeing the antics of the married couple. It was like watching a romantic comedy movie right in front of her. She envied them really much and wished that one day she could get that kind of relationship too. And when she thought of that, she couldn’t help but to wonder what Taeng was doing right now, and she was a little bit sad that he didn’t tell her where he was going to like he would always do when they were still together. Well, she can’t blame him, she meant nothing to him anymore. But why does the thought hurts her every time she thinks about it?

 

***

 

Taeng fixed the bow tie on Yul’s tuxedo as he making the final touch on his friend’s full attire for the wedding. Yul was looking dashing in his suit, though, a very anxious look was seen on his face as he kept on fidgeting with the sleeves of his clothes.

“I’ve never thought that I would be the stylist for your wedding, Yul.”

“You’re not. You’re just around to mess up with my tuxedo one last time.”

Taeng smirked. “Be careful of what you wished for, Yul.”

“Aishh, I was just kidding. Can you not take everything so literally? Aren’t you supposed to be comforting me on my big day?”

“Comfort you? Why should I? Are you feeling like running away from your own wedding?”

“No.” Yul said immediately. “I’m just nervous okay.”

Taeng laughed and patted his shoulders. “Relax, Yul. It’s all going to be over soon. The next thing you know, you’ll be having a honeymoon with Sica somewhere just the two of you. A week off just like that.” He smiled.

“I doubt that. I can’t exactly take a week off, Taeng. I have to settle with things at the company before taking my honeymoon.”

“Aish, you workaholic. If you keep on doing that, you’d barely survive Sica’s wrath.”

“Speaking of that, ermmm,” Yul looked at Taeng thoroughly and a thought occurred in his mind. “You know what would look good on you?”

“What?” Taeng raised his eyebrow, getting confused by his friend’s randomness.

“A suit.”

Taeng gave his friend a skeptical look.

“I’m serious, Taeng. You look the most handsome in white and black.”

“You’re afraid that Sica would beat you up right?”

Yul was going to deny it but what’s the point of lying to his friend. “Do this favor for me?” He gave Taeng his puppy eyes look.

“I’m already doing this favor for you. This was our deal.” Taeng insisting on keeping his current clothes on. He kept his part of deal alright, he came with only short-sleeved shirt and a pair of worn out jeans which he made sure to look as ragged as he can just to irk his friend.

“But I thought you were just kidding. Come on, Taeng. I know you wouldn’t like to see your best friend getting beat up by his wife on their first day as a newlywed right?”

“What are you talking about? I live to see that.”

“URGHHH!” Yul groaned.

Taeng laughed at the sight of Yul pulling his hair out. “What do I get for wearing this?”

Yul pondered for a moment, thinking of ways how to pay his friend’s deed back. “I’ll be your best man at yours and Tiffany’s special day.”

Taeng was taken aback by the sudden idea. “I don’t think that would happen, Yul.” His eyes turned sad.

“Why?”

“It’s impossible.”

“What happened?” Yul just noticed his friend’s teary eyes. He looked like hasn’t had a wink of sleep last night.

“Nothing much. It’s just that Fany made it clear that we could not happen, ever.”

“Hey, sorry for saying that. I was just.. I thought…”

“No it’s okay. If there is anyone I want to marry, it should be Tiffany right? There’s no other girl willing to.” Taeng smiled hopefully. “I’ll take that deal, Yul.”

 “Are you sure?” Yul was reluctant since he just made his friend miserable just by the thought of it.

“Yeah. Give me that, before I change my mind.”

Yul hurriedly handed the tuxedo, and Taeng proceeded to put it on. “And remember, keep this on at least until the ceremony is over. That is our deal.”

“Sure, Yul. I know the drill.” Taeng bitterly smiled as he looked at the mirror, trying to see anything beyond what he put on. Would there be a future for us, Fany-ah?

***

“Umma, Dad.” Taeng jogged towards his parents and hugged them. “You’re early.”

“Well, we wanted to see the groom before his ceremony.”

“Oh, he’s right in there, sweating his nerves out.”

“That nervous huh?”

“Yeah, you want to see them?”

“Yup, can we?”

“Sure, you go ahead.” Taeng opened the door for them and let them in. But he didn’t come in, instead he turned back and saw the girl that was behind his parents. “Hey.”

“Hi, Taeng.”

“You look beautiful.” Taeng complimented her sincerely. “Extraordinarily beautiful.” He muttered under his breath.

Tiffany blushed for a second. “Umma said you woke up really early to pick up this dress. Thank you.”

Taeng nodded. “It was worth it though, seeing you in it.”

They stood there awkwardly, as Taeng stared at her without blinking his eyes. He really was mesmerized by Tiffany’s gorgeousness which was enhanced by the beautiful pink dress.

Tiffany decided to speak when she noticed something odd about the boy. “I thought you said that you weren’t going to wear a suit?”

 “Oh, Yul made a deal that I can’t possibly pass on.” An then his head started to trail back to the talk he had with Yul earlier.

“Hey, we matched.” She exclaimed excitedly.

Taeng looked at his chest and understood what she was talking about. “I thought it’ll be great to add a color. Pink was the closest thing.” Though, he said it with no expression on his face. Like there was nothing to be looking forward to.

“Oh.” Tiffany’s mood started to deflate seeing his down mood. She fiddled with her fingers, nervously. Thinking of what she should say next to him.

“What’s up?”

“Are you mad at me, Taeng?”

“No, I’m not.”

“Then why didn’t you tell me you’re going to see Yul this morning?”

“Oh, that. I was in a hurry.”

“But you would always tell me if you’re going anywhere. And why are you acting so gloomy today?” She pouted a little bit.

Taeng raised his eyebrow. “Why does it matter to you?”

“It just does. But it’s okay if you don’t want to tell me.” Tiffany was taken aback by the sudden coldness in his tone and decided to change the topic. “How’s Yul?”

“He’s doing well. Just a mild cold feet.” Taeng noticed the sudden change in topic, but decided to ignore it. “Have you seen Sica yet?”

Tiffany shook her head.

“Do you want me to take you to her?”

“But you’re supposed to stay with Yul.”

“He’s going to be fine with my parents. Come on, right this way.” He started to walk towards another room across the hallway. He didn’t knock on the door and just peeked in his head into the room.

“YAHHH!”

“Woahh, I didn’t see anything.” Taeng immediately closed his eyes, shocked to see the sight of Jessica in just her undershirt and a pair of short pants.

Jessica scoffed and proceeded to put on a robe. “What are you doing here, Taeng? Don’t tell me that Yul disappeared?”

“No, no.” He paused, feeling weird that he has to talk with his eyes closed. “Is it safe to open my eyes?”

“Yes, it is. Open up.”

Taeng opened his eyes and breathed out in relief. “Thank god. Anyway, someone wants to see you.”

“I thought Yul knew that he’s not supposed to see me before the ceremony.”

“It’s not Yul.” Taeng finally opened the door a little bigger and Tiffany walked in.

“Tiffany!”

Sunny hugged her tightly. “It’s really you. I thought that Jessica was messing with me.”

Taeng felt awkward to be in the room full of girls and as he looked around, he saw some things that Yul would probably be mad at him for looking at it. He cleared his throat. “UMM, I’ll wait for you outside, Tiffany. Oh, Sica? Nice blue shorts by the way.” He laughed and closed the door immediately, barely escaping from Jessica’s wrath. Well, that's what he thought of, he didn’t know that Jessica has ditched the room and went after him to avenge her humiliation.

“Why didn’t you tell me that you came back?” Sunny asked.

“It’s a surprise.”

“Well, you succeed alright.”

Tiffany frowned. “Please don’t be mad at me.”

“We’re not mad at you, we’re just, sad that you left without telling us. We were really bad friends for you not to be able to tell us why you left.” Sunny frowned.

“You’re not. I didn’t tell anyone else too.”

“Glad that you have made

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter