Should I be Mad?

You're Not Sorry
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N

Hey guys! so based on the poll I've conducted for I don't know 3-4 days? The result is  B) Taeng calmly take it all in (107 votes) .

Wow, I really wasn't expecting that result since I thought most of you want to see Taeng get angry, No?  the choice for Taeng to go berserk at everyone comes in second place with (61 votes). close? Oh well, this is the chapter that you helped me to decide. really appreciate the votes. Maybe I'll do another one next time.

“What are you saying?”

“I lost her.”

The atmosphere turned cold all of a sudden. Taeng’s expression didn’t change at all, it was like he had expected it. “What?” His voice was ice cold.

“She…” Yul gulped. “She ran away from us.”

 “How?” Taeng stared piercingly at his friend’s eyes.

“We were riding in a car from the café and she suddenly opened the car door.”

“She jumped out of a moving car?!” This time, Taeng couldn’t keep his composure. His loud voice gained the attention of the other customers in the café.

“No. I stopped in time. But before I could say a word to her, she jumped out and ran from us.”

 “Why?” Taeng was concerned. Million of thoughts began to run through his mind.

“I… She… I’ve said some things that upset her.”

“What kind of things?” Taeng said through his clenched teeth. The thoughts of many different things that would hurt his girlfriend made him flared inside.

Yul kept quiet, but his eyes were still staring at Taeng’s.

“What kind of things?” Taeng repeated with a much intense tone.

“I saw her with the doctor, Taeng.”

Taeng’s eyes were immediately replaced by a hurt one. But that statement only added into his anger.

“When?”

“The other night, when she was seeing her friend, ‘Yoomi’. I came there and saw her with the doctor instead.”

Taeng took in what Yul said slowly as his jaw was clenching tightly. ‘You lied to me.’

He felt hurt by his girlfriend’s lies. He was freaking mad, obviously, but he was more concerned of what happened to her before that.

“What did you say to her?”

“Huh?”

“What did you say to her that made her upset?”

“I told her to come clean with you.”

“And that upset her?” Taeng clenched his fist under the table. He could feel his nails piercing through his skin. He was trying his hard to hold it in, his anger, and also the aching feeling inside his heart.

“No…” Yul took a deep breath to calm his beating heart. He was nervous getting questioned like this by his bestfriend. “I kept on saying things like how she didn’t deserve you and that she’s not worthy for you.”

And that statement brought Taeng to his feet, making the table shook from the sudden move.

“You don’t have the right to say that to her!” He shouted at his bestfriend. He didn’t know why he was yelling but it irked him that Yul would say that to Tiffany. Even though he knows, that his friend was only trying to protect him.

“I know, Taeng. But I just can’t afford to see you get hurt.”

“I don’t care why you did it. You hurt her!” Taeng’s eyes never leave Yul as he stared down at him. He ended up being mad at Yul more than he was mad at Tiffany. It was like all he could do right now, since could never yell at his girlfriend like that.

“I didn’t mean it, Taeng. It’s just that it made me lost my mind seeing her betraying you like that.” Yul said sadly. He looked away instantly, his shoulders slumped down, it was like he was being scolded by his father, or a brother if he ever had one. He felt like he had disappointed his friend.

Taeng cooled down when he saw the regret in his friend’s face. He sat back down on his seat and put both of his fists on the table, suddenly finding them interesting to look at. He could see the marks of his fingernails dug onto his skin. He sigh a deep breath and looked back at Yul’s face. “Do you think you’ll like it if I said bad things to Jessica, hurting her?”

“No. I’ll probably kick your .”

“That’s what I’m feeling right now.” Taeng said seriously. “I promised that I’ll protect her. And that’s exactly what I’m going to do. Even if it’s to protect her from you.”

Yul was taken aback by Taeng’s reaction. It was not like Taeng at all. His calmness made him less like the Taeng he knew. “But she lied to me. To you.” Yul said softly, he can’t understand why Taeng isn’t mad at all at his girlfriend. “I caught her hugging Thomas the night she was seeing ‘Yoomi’.” Yul added again trying to instigate a reaction out of his friend.

“Don’t bring that up.” Taeng said immediately. “I don’t want to hear it.”

“But shouldn’t you ask her about it?”

“I don’t care, Yul. At this moment, all I want is to have her safely in my arms.” He said honestly. “I can’t lose her.”

 “Even if she loves somebody else?” Yul questioned carefully, wanting answers from Taeng.

Taeng raised his eyebrow at the question. “I’m not ready to answer that.” He said finally after a moment of silence.

Yul nodded slowly, acknowledging his friend’s discomfort. Both of them took a deep breath, trying to calm their disordered minds.

“Help me find her?” Taeng started slowly, thinking of ways to find his missing love. “She left me a message last night, and she sounded terrible.” He cringed at the thought of a distressed Tiffany.

“We’ve been looking for her the whole night, she still didn’t turn up.”

“You looked everywhere for her? No calls or texts?”

Yul shook his head. “None from her.”

Taeng suddenly got up from his chair again and walked out of the café.

Yul blinked his eyes in disbelieve before running to catch up with his friend.

“Yah! Where are you going?”

“I got to find her.”

“But you don’t know where she is.”

“I don’t care. I’ll just look around her house.”

“Den is there right now. He’ll call me if she turns up.” Yul jogged to catch up with his friend, he was slightly panting. It was weird for him since he was the athletic one. Maybe the lack of sleep finally caught up to him.

Taeng finally slowed down letting Yul catching up to him.

“Relax, Taeng.” Yul patted his back.

“I have to see her.”

“She’ll come back.”

Taeng turned to face Yul. His calm eyes have disappeared. Instead a pair of fuming eyes was staring at Yul’s.

“How do you know that? From what you’ve told me, she ran away. She left, she left me.” Taeng said the last words mutely, only for him to hear.

Yul was taken aback by the sudden outburst, he held Taeng’s shoulder firmly. “Hey, listen. Let’s just wait for Den’s call here.”

“No.”

“Then where should we wait?”

“I don’t want to wait. I want to find her right now.”

“Taeng, you can’t do this.” Yul held on Taeng’s wrist preventing him from sprinting out again.

“Let me go.”

“Taeng, calm down.”

“You don’t understand huh?” Taeng pushed Yul by his chest hard. “She’s alone right now, and she needs me.”

“She’ll be fine.”

“How do you know that? I left her with you, but you drove her away.” Taeng pushed Yul again, purposely instigating Yul.

The Taeng that Yul knows started to come back, he knows Taeng would act like this. He was always an impulsive guy, especially when he’s tired or stressed.

“You’re tired right now, let’s have you rest before looking for her.”

Taeng scoffed and yanked his hands from Yul’s grip. “I don’t want to listen to you anymore. You’re the reason why she ran in the first place.”

“Taeng…”

“Give me your car keys.”

“What?”

“You heard me.” Taeng demanded. “Don’t make me get it from you myself.”

Yul sighed before reaching into his pocket and fished out his keys. He handed it to Taeng.

“Where are you going?” Yul followed behind Taeng like a little kid. Taeng was leading them towards the airport’s main entrance. He spotted Yul’s car immediately and jogged to it.

“Taeng!” Yul yelled after seeing him broke into a run.

 “Don’t follow me!”

“You can’t drive around like this. Look at yourself.” He yelled back.

“Watch me.” Taeng smirked before sprinting out as fast as he could, leaving an already exhausted Yul behind.

Yul stopped to catch his breath, he was panting. He can barely catch his breath when he saw Taeng got inside his car and drove away.

 

Dennis got out of his car when he saw a familiar car entering the driveway. He was about to call out to him when he saw that it wasn’t Yul who was stepping out of it.

“Taeng, you’re back.” Dennis greeted his friend. His arms were wide to welcome him.

Taeng ignored his greet and spoke rudely. “Were you the reason she ran too?”

Dennis was taken aback but shook his head. “Hey, I wasn’t with Yul last night. He said it were just him and Huihoon.” His hands were put up defensively, since he saw how dark Taeng’s eyes were.

“Where’s Huihoon?”

“He left for work and explain things to Noona.”

Taeng frowned before making his way up the stairs.

“What are you doing?”

“I’m checking her apartment.”

“She’s not here.”

 “I want to make sure.”

Knowing how stubborn his friends is, Dennis just followed behind Taeng and watch him pulled out a key, putting it into the keyhole.

When Taeng was about to enter Tiffany’s apartment, an unfamiliar car drove into the driveway and parked it right next to Yul’s BMW.

Taeng and Dennis both snapped their heads towards the direction and waited for the owner to reveal themselves.

First, it was guy who stepped out of the car before making his way to the passenger’s side. He rushed to the door and opened it. The passenger stepped down from the car but somehow lost her footing. Luckily, the person beside was ready to catch her by wrapping his arms around her waist, pulling her back up on her feet.

Dennis looked at the scene in front of him before glancing towards his friend. He was afraid that this kind of thing would happen right in front of Taeng, himself. He noticed how his friend was clenching his fists tightly and watched the couple with an intense stare.

Taeng watched silently where the guy’s hand was and gritted his teeth angrily. He eyed them carefully but he lost it when he saw the guy was going to tuck her hair behind her ears.

“HANDS OFF HER!” Taeng yelled furiously.

The two people were shocked and tried to look for the source of it.

Tiffany gasped when she saw Taeng on the balcony of her apartment. She suddenly felt like a great burden was lifted off her. She misses Taeng, and right now, he is standing in front of her.

“Taeng…” Tiffany muttered. She would’ve run to him but she couldn’t because of her injury and also the look that Taeng was wearing was not pleasant at all.

“I said HANDS OFF HER!” Taeng yelled once again.

Thomas retracted his hand but hesitated to let go of Tiffany’s waist because he was worried that she might fall down because of her injured knees. He had just stitched up the wounds and bandaged it, but it was still a fresh wound and it might open up again if she was doing any strenuous activities.

“Are you f’king deaf?” Taeng said angrily. He was furious that Thomas was still holding Tiffany like that, he hated how he was touching his girlfriend. “Don’t make me go there.”

Tiffany looked towards Thomas and gave him a nod, silently telling him to do what Taeng told him. “You should go, Tommy.”

“Are you sure?”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter