Sunshine

You're Not Sorry
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N hi, it's me. another chapter. sorry for the late update.

 

Tiffany was on her bed, tossing and turning. After leaving the barbeque party downstairs abruptly, she took a warm bath in the tub and calm herself. She didn’t know why, but she felt really bad after hearing the things that Taeng told her.

‘You hate all of those things about me? But why are you still here? Would you leave me when you finally have enough?’ She sighed and her side, looking out at the sky through the opened window. She was alone on the bed, since Jessica hasn’t come up yet. She was glad for that, since she needs some time to think before being bombarded with questions from her friend.

Her thoughts flashed back to the last thing that Taeng said in the game.

‘Who do I remind you of, Taeng? Are you having a hard time because of it?’ She remembered the painful grasp that Taeng did to her hand when he was speaking of the person. ‘Do you hate me for it?’ Tiffany gulped nervously at the thought.

Too busy with her thoughts, she didn’t notice the bedroom door creaked open, and a person was making their way on the bed. They lay on the bed quietly, but it alarmed Tiffany because she felt the bed sinking.

“Sorry about leaving abruptly. I’m not feeling very well.” She said in the dark to ‘Jessica’, she was still facing the opened window in the room. She was apologizing because she felt bad leaving the mess downstairs and not helping cleaning it up.

“Why are you not feeling well? Are you sick?” The voice sounded worried.

Tiffany gasped hearing the voice. She expected a higher pitch voice instead of the deep one. She felt warm breath on the back of her neck and felt arms around her waist, preventing her to turn around.

“You’re going to catch a cold with that window opened.”

She felt a kiss on her shoulder before she felt the warmth disappearing. The figure got off the bed, heading towards the windows to close it. He lay back on the bed, facing Tiffany’s face this time. He pecked her nose and Tiffany could see a smile forming on his lips in the dark. “Better?”

Tiffany shook her head.

He frowned.

“I want your arms around me.” Tiffany whined.

Taeng’s mouth grew into a sly smile before pulling her closer, tucking her head under his chin. He kissed her hair and rubbed the sides of her waist. “No more shy Fany?”

Tiffany hit his chest lightly before snuggling closer to him. “Why are you here?”

“I’m where I’m supposed to be. Why? Do you want me to go?”

Tiffany pinned his body down with her weight, preventing him to get up. Taeng smirked, amused by his girlfriend’s reaction.

“No. But where is Jessica going to sleep?”

 “We changed roommates.”

Tiffany nodded her head slowly. “Why?”

“Because I want to sleep with you.” He shrieked. “Ouch! Why do you like to hit me so much?”

“Because you’re being a ert lately.”

“I didn’t mean it in a naughty way.” He sighed. “I just want to hold you in my arms tonight.” He pulled her closer and tucked her under his chin.

Tiffany kept her mum but blushed hearing his reason.

They were quiet and just enjoying each other comforting heartbeat.

“Did I hurt you?”

“Urmm?” She hummed; she was not paying attention since she was busy with her own thoughts.

“Did I hurt you, earlier? I must’ve squeezed your hand too hard.”

Tiffany shook her head.

“Then why did you leave?”

“I don’t know. I just want to get out of there as fast as possible.”

“Why? Was it because of what I said?”

She kept quiet and played with Taeng’s other hand that wasn’t wrapped around her shoulder.

Taeng heaved a sigh. “It’s not what you think. I do not hate you.” He explained. He frowned when he still didn’t hear an answer from her. “Fany… do you have anything to say to me?”

She didn’t response and started to trail her fingers on his arm.

Taeng stopped her fingers and held them in his hand. He brought it to his mouth and kissed it lightly. “I’ll answer everything you ask. I promise.”

Tiffany looked up and saw his honest eyes. Her insides churned at the sight. ‘He is too good for me.’

Taeng saw the sad look in her eyes and leaned forward to capture her lips. “You’re the only one for me, get that?” He said, as if he could read what was going on her mind.

“Why do you think that?”

“Why? I can’t see myself with anyone else.”

“Why?”

“I don’t think I can be happy without you. I can live on, but I won’t ever be happy again.”

Tiffany her breath. Those words meant a lot more to her than what he was trying to imply.

“Why do you put up so much with me?”

“Ummm?”

“You can’t stand my stubbornness and I’ve always disobeyed you.”

“I know.” He said softly. “But I do love those things about you. I don’t want a puppet for a girlfriend, Fany. And I don’t mind the stubbornness as long as it doesn’t get you in the harm’s way.” He patiently explained to his girlfriend. “Like when you insisted on coming on this trip. Honestly, I didn’t want you to come because of your injured knees. But I guess it wasn’t such a bad idea, isn’t it?” He kissed her forehead lovingly.

“Yeah, but…” She swallowed. “Why do you put up with that?”

“Simple, because I love you.”

“I love you too.” Tiffany said quickly.

Taeng chortled. “I know. So don’t ever feel that you don’t deserve me in any way, because if you feel that way, how am I supposed to feel then?”

“Huh?”

“I don’t know how to say this, but you’re the best thing ever happen to me. I’m not exactly good person, Fany. I was a bad person, I never think before I do stuffs. Bad stuffs.” He paused for a breath. “You’re the one who lead me back to the right path.” He kissed her hair again. “I wouldn’t know what to do with my life without you.”

“I don’t see what's so worthy is about me,” She mumbled quietly. “I’m just a broken girl, living off someone’s as good as you.”

Taeng tilted her chin up to make her look at him, he saw the insecurity in her eyes. “To me, you’re the most beautiful girl. And you’re not living off me. You always refuse my help, remember?” He said sternly while stealing a peck on her lips. “That’s another thing that I dislike about you.”

Tiffany frowned.

“But I’m cool with that. You want to be independent, so I’m going to let you do that.” Taeng said truthfully. “Why? Again, because I love you.” He added when he saw what she was going to ask.

Tiffany grew quiet as she was again deep in her thoughts.

“Can we wrap up this Q’s and A’s sessions now?”

“One last question?” She asked hesitatingly.

Taeng chuckled when he saw the hesitation. “Go ahead.”

Tiffany took a deep breath and voiced out her question. “What do you mean earlier? The person that I remind you of?”

Taeng was not surprised at all; he expected this question since he was bombarded with it by his friends right after Tiffany left. “Do you really want to know?”

Tiffany nodded excitedly.

Taeng huffed. He closed his eyes so that he can at least mask what he was feeling. He knows his eyes would give away his real emotions. “My mother. The one who left.”

She tried to hide the shock but failed miserably when a gasp escaped . She sat up immediately with wide opened.

Taeng opened his eyes and sat up too. “Why are you looking at me like that?”

“Why do I remind you of her?”

“I don’t know. It’s not like you’re the same as her. It’s just that…” He trailed off. “She was the most precious person to me. Just like how you are now.” He wrapped his arm around her and gave her a squeeze.

“Was?”

Taeng nodded. He let go of his embrace and got off the bed, heading to the bathroom. He wanted to clear his mind by cooling off.

Tiffany followed him and watched him splashed water on his face, patiently waiting for him to continue.

After he was done, he felt refreshed and was cooled off by from the emotions he was feeling.

He went out of the bathroom and sat on the bed. He gestured with his hand for Tiffany to come to him.

Tiffany followed him like a lost puppy and stood near him, by the bed. She played with her hands, still waiting for him to speak. She didn’t want to force it out of him, but she really needs to know what is up with her boyfriend. For once, it needs to be about him and not her.

Taeng heaved a sigh, and pulled her to sit on her lap. He s his arms around her waist, enveloping her  in a tight embrace and planted his chin on her shoulder.

“You know about her right? I told you before.”

Tiffany nodded.

“So you know what happened to me after she left?”

She shook her head. Another sigh was heard before Taeng started speaking again.

“I was never fine, ever since she left me. She left me so broken and lost. I didn’t know what to do when she just left without a reason, or words.” Taeng said softly.

“Everyone thought that I was doing okay, as I grew up.” He paused, “When all I ever feel is that I was worthless. That I’m not good enough for her to stay.” He kissed her cheek and lifted up his chin from her shoulder.

Tiffany wanted to turn around to give him a hug, but Taeng’s hand prevented her from doing that. She only managed to put her arms above his and rubbed it comfortingly. She could feel Taeng’s forehead on the back of her neck now. He was kissing a spot there.

“But that changes when I met you.” A kiss was planted on her neck. “You turned my life around. You make me feel that I’m worth something. That I’m worth of being loved and in love.”

“Taeng, your family loves you. Your friends too.”

“You don’t know that.”

“They do, Taeng. Please don’t feel like they don’t love you. They’ve been here longer than me, and they’ve been there for you.” She said softly.

Taeng was quiet, and he stopped kissing the spot on the back of her neck.

“Taeng?” Tiffany grew worried. “What happened really?”

“I met her.”

“Who?”

“My mother.” He cringed as the title rolled off his tongue.

Tiffany stifled a gasp. “When?”

“Japan.”

“What did you do?”

Taeng smiled against the skin on her neck. He inhaled a breath, and let Tiffany’s scent intrude his nostrils. “I said ‘hi’.”

“And?”

“And what?”

“What did she say?”

He chuckled bitterly. “She didn’t even know it was me.” A tear escaped from his eyes.

“Taeng, I’m so sorry.” Tiffany rubbed his arms that were around her waist soothingly. She was still facing the other way, she couldn’t see Taeng’s face streaming with tears, but she can hear the sorrow in his voice.

“Why are you sorry? It’s not your fault.”

“I’m sorry that I wasn’t there for you.”

Tiffany stayed quiet and waited for Taeng to speak.

“You know what the crazy thing is?” Taeng spoke again. His voice was starting to falter because of his unstoppable tears. “I still longed for her presence. Even though it hurts me th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter