Hot and Cold

You're Not Sorry
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The next day, Tiffany went to school with an unsettled mind. She was scared that the guy from the club will blab about her job at the club to the whole school. Sure, she appears cool with it but inside she was dying from the anxious feeling of once again being the talk of the school. She’s actually used to all the name calling and bullying she went through from her last school. But, she was hoping that she can start anew here, at her new school and maybe just for once being able to finish school peacefully.

When she arrived at her class, Taeng was already in the class and his friends as well. She tried to ignore all the stares coming from her classmates and sat at her place as fast as she can. The class soon started when their Math teacher comes in. She wasn’t paying attention to the class at all as she was caught up in her thoughts again. She noticed that Taeng’s chewing his pencil while staring at the black board. He looked like he was listening attentively while once in a while noted something down. She was confused, was he really paying attention to the class or was just pretending to? When it’s time for recess, she hurriedly made her way out of her class. She’s taking a walk around the school, trying to be familiar with it so that she won’t get lost.

“Hey, new girl!” She heard someone shouted. She turns around and saw a buffed but short male walking towards her.

“Yeah? By the way, it’s Tiffany.”

“Oh, sorry. Not really good with names. But I’ll be sure to remember yours.” He winked at her. Obviously, this guy is trying to hit on her.

“Who are you?” She asked bluntly.

“I’m Jay. Jay Park. I’m pretty sure you heard of me.” She felt him getting closer to her.

“Never heard of it. I’m not good with names too.” She replied sarcastically. She is getting irritated with his boastful attitude and can’t wait to get away from this guy.

“Really? But I’m sure you’ll get used to the name soon since you’ll be screaming it when I’m done with you.” Tiffany felt his hands creeping up upon her body. Feeling disgusted by his action, she immediately kneed him where it hurts the most. Jay crouched down on the floor while holding his private area. Tiffany left him there and went back to her class.

 

“Hey, wait up!” Taeng heard someone calling him. Schools just ended, he was on his way to his car. He’s tired and can’t wait to meet his bed.

He turned around and saw the girl coming towards him.“You again? What do you want now? I’m not in the mood.”

“You’re always not in the mood.” She replied. When Tiffany sees Taeng started to walk again she started to follow him. Taeng stopped his steps suddenly and Tiffany almost ran into him. He sighed.

“Look, I’m not going to tell anyone. So, stop following me already.” He said frustratingly.

“Are you sure? Isn’t it the best revenge you’ll have at me?”

“You haven’t heard a single thing about it at school right?”

“Well, are you going to tell Garette then?”

“Are you really that concern about your ty job?”

“I need the job. Are you going to tell him?” She repeated her question.

“No.” He ended the questioning game with a straight answer.

“Why?”

“Stop questioning my answers.” He clicked his car’s remote key and opened the front door of a black Audi R8. He got in, put on his sunglasses and rolled down his car’s window. “Oh, just a little advice, try not to wander off alone again in the school. Bad people tend to show up.”

Tiffany watched the sports car drove off. She was confused with what Taeng just said to her but she just shrugged it off and headed home.

Taeng actually saw what happened between Tiffany and Jay. He had always hated Jay’s obnoxious behavious. He almost went out to beat the crap out of Jay, but walked away when he saw Tiffany handled it herself. He must say, he was surprised that Tiffany have it in her and thought that Tiffany is a very interesting girl.

 

“Yo Taeng, we’re hanging out at noona’s cafe tonight, join us?” Yul spoke through his phone.

“Noona’s cafe? I can’t, Yul. Sorry, still got the documents I need to prepare for my dad.”

“Auww, man. I missed you. You’ve been busy with work the whole week.”

“We see each other every single day, Yul.”

“You know what I mean; we haven’t talk about anything lately. I want to know what the deal with Tiffany is.”

“I don’t know what you’re talking about.” He tried to avoid the subject.

“I saw you with her at the parking lot after school, Taeng.”

“So? We’re just talking.”

“You don’t talk to JUST anybody.” Yul tried to press on it.

“It’s nothing. She’s just being annoying.”

“You know what, since you’re not telling me anything, I’m going to invite her to eat with us tomorrow.”

“Do want you want. I don’t care. I’m hanging up.”

“You’re no fun, Taeng.”

“Bye, Yul.” He finally hung up and continued typing on his computer.

 

A week after that, there’s still isn’t a peep at school about Tiffany’s job. The rumours about Taeng and Tiffany too had finally died. Taeng really kept his words. Tiffany has been making new friends finally. It all started because of Yul asking to eat with them one day. She agreed to it as she thinks it’s always nice to meet someone new. She got to know every one of Taeng’s friends including Dennis and Sunny. They were all nice to her and she really likes them as friends. Taeng however remains cold to her or that what she thinks. She noticed that Taeng seldom opens his mouth. He only interferes in the conversation once in a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter