Lonesome

You're Not Sorry
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Taeng was determined to forget everything about Tiffany to keep his words. He still has his pride and he knew Tiffany was bluntly telling him to leave her alone and that she doesn’t want anything to do with him. He will give her what she wants; he would never force her into anything she didn’t want.

But it was hard for him to do if he has to see that person everyday in class, at lunch and he was practically always around her since they shared the same cliques of friends. And it didn’t help when his friends kept on mentioning her name and asking what went wrong between them. It was obvious in the first week, when they kept on avoiding each other’s presence and acted like they were strangers.

They were eating lunch at the cafeteria like the usual, except for the awkward atmosphere. Nobody talks and was just eating their lunch quietly. Yul tried to crack a joke but it doesn’t help to lighten the mood at all, so he decided to stay quiet too. Taeng plugged his earphones into his ears and ignored his friends while eating his sandwich. Tiffany tried her best to keep on smiling and stayed active in the conversation with Jessica and Sunny.  This continued for weeks with no improvement except for the awkwardness increases day by day.

One day, Taeng got a call from a certain someone and caused him to boil with anger. He heard the news that Tiffany wanted to quit her job. Boa told him that she was giving time for Tiffany to reconsider but if she insisted, Boa would have to let her go. He immediately went looking for her after that phone call. He saw her talking to Jessica in the hallway and marched towards her.

“I need to talk to you.”He hissed.

“What?”Tiffany answered looking very confused. He never talks to her ever since that day.

“Just come.”Taeng gritted his teeth and walked away. Tiffany saw Taeng’s rising anger and followed his steps. Taeng led her to a rooftop where he had always hung around when he was skipping classes.

“What do you think you’re doing?!”He said loudly at Tiffany after they got there. Tiffany flinched at the loud voice. He didn’t even give the chance for Tiffany to answer him. “Do you think quitting that job will make your life easier?”

“Job? Unnie told you?”She asked looking very shocked.

“Of course. Do you think you can hide it from me?”

“I just thought that I should find a new job since you gave me that..”She tried to explain but got cut off by Taeng.

“Stay with that one. If you’re worrying about me coming over and caused you awkwardness, then rest assured that I won’t step a foot there.”He said sternly.

“But that is your favourite..”

“And if I found out you quit that job, you’re dead. “ He said lastly ignoring what was Tiffany about to say and headed out leaving her alone on the rooftop.

Tiffany sighed out and thought to herself. ‘Why would you care that much, Taeng?’

 

A couple of days have gone by since their encounter at the rooftop. Taeng decided not to join lunch with his friends anymore. He told his friends that he was busy and needed a time alone, but the truth was he wanted to give space to Tiffany and escape from the awkward atmosphere. He will go to the rooftop and eats his lunch there alone. But he couldn’t deny that he misses talking to her even though he sees her every day in class.

He misses her so much that he has stopped by at Boa’s Cafe secretly many times before just to take a glimpse of her since staring at her in class wasn’t enough. He longed for her smiles, and her sweet voice.

Taeng parked his car in front of the cafe, turned his headlights off and observed the girl inside the cafe. He just sat quietly in his car watching the girl talking to the customers, taking their orders and smiling at them. He unconsciously smiled to himself when he saw Tiffany was doing fine without him.

Suddenly, the passenger side door opened, someone slipped in and took a seat beside him. He turned his head and suppressed a curse when he saw who it was.

“How long are you going to do this, Tae?”

He took his eyes off the girl inside and looked at the person beside him. “What do you mean, Noona?”

“You’ve been coming here a lot don’t you? I recognized your car anywhere, Tae.”

Taeng didn’t answer and returned to staring at Tiffany inside the cafe. She was now carrying a tray full of drinks to a table. Once again, she smiled at the customers. Both of the people inside the car now were staring at Tiffany in silence.

“Have you eaten yet?”Asked Boa. Taeng shook his head.

“Come inside, I’ll make you something.”

“I’m not hungry, Noona.”Taeng paused. “Besides, I can’t go inside. She’ll see me.”

“What’s the problem?”

“I can’t let her see me. She won’t like it.”

“That’s what you think. Come on. Just wear the hoodie over your head. I’ll cover for you.”

“No.” He refused coldly.

“Tae, if you don’t come in, I’ll tell

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter