Promises

You're Not Sorry
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N

Hi readers! It's me again with another update. First of all, thanks for all the comments, I really love all of them. It makes me feel appreciated. It's great that all of you are responsive. Hope that more of you will come out and leave me a comment. Many of you asked about why Taeng hate birthday. It'll be clearer in this chapter. Like always, leave of a comment, question, ideas or suggestions if you have any. I'll be happy to answer them. Thanks again, guys. Love you! haha.

@chiechie : shout out to your birthday. :P

@iCreep : you're right about their mysterious pasts. they will surely effects Taeny's relationship soon. and yes, the drama hasn't even started yet. a ghost from both of their past will come and cause problems for them. opss, it's that a spoiler?


Taeng drove at a fast speed with Tiffany by his side. Tiffany didn’t say anything since she got into the car and Taeng was too deep in his thoughts that he didn’t say a word to her.

“You’re going the wrong way.”Tiffany broke the silence in the car.

“I’m not.”Taeng replied.

“My house is on the other road.”

“Who says anything about your house?”Taeng looked at Tiffany.

“Where are we going?”Tiffany looked confusedly at Taeng.

“You’ll see. Wear your seatbelt. Do I need to tell you that every single time?”He looked back at the road.

“Oh, I forgot. No need to get all worked up over it.”Tiffany tugged on the seatbelt and wore it around her.

“That’s the thing. You never listen to me.”Taeng muttered under his breath.

Tiffany heard what Taeng had said but decided to ignore it. After a while, Taeng stopped his car at an abandoned playground and got out of it. He walked towards the park heading into the darkness since there were only a few of the lights . Tiffany was bewildered; she stepped off the Taeng’s car and trailed behind him. She followed him to a couple of huge cement tubes near the playground.

Taeng stopped in front of the tubes and stared long at it before he crawled into one of the tubes and disappeared in the dark.

She gulped nervously. “Taeng..?” Tiffany called out to him.

“Aren’t you coming?”Tiffany heard Taeng said but she couldn’t see him.

“It’s too dark in there. I can’t see a thing.” Tiffany was actually scared but she didn’t want to admit it.

Taeng sighed. “Here, take my hand.”Taeng crawled back out of the tube and hold out his hand for Tiffany. At first, she hesitated but took Taeng’s hand after she heard some weird noises coming from behind her. He led Tiffany into the dark tube until they reached the middle of it. He sat there and tugged her hands to sit beside him.

“What are we doing here, Taeng?”Tiffany finally spoke after a couple moments of silence.

“I used to come here when I was a kid.”Taeng spoke. Tiffany turned her head to look at Taeng but she couldn’t see his face.

“This playground?”

“Yeah, but I didn’t play like the other kids. I hid here until its dark before going back home.”

“Why?”

Taeng grew quiet. Tiffany wanted to ask him again, but suddenly Taeng spoke again.

“After my mother left me, my dad always tried to talk to me. He wanted to talk about my mother, why she left and how it got nothing to do with me. I admit, I was devastated when she left me, that I locked myself in my room for days.”He started to reminisce the dark time when he would lock himself in his room, refusing to go out. “But then it got my dad worried about me a lot, so after a week, I came to my senses. I thought that I should just go on my days like nothing happened. I acted like it doesn’t affect me at all, and came here to avoid him every evening. I lied to him, saying that I come here to play with my friends, when all I ever did was sitting here and cry my eyes out.”Taeng paused for a breath. “Pathetic huh?”

“You’re not pathetic, Taeng. You’re just dealing with it in your own way.”Tiffany tried to look into Taeng’s eyes but it’s impossible to do in the dark.

“My father was right about it though. I used to and still think that she left because of me.”Taeng said bitterly.

“Why? You said she left for another man, don’t you?”Tiffany reasoned with him.

“Yeah, but did you know she left our house on my birthday.”

Tiffany gasped. She was in disbelief.

“I was coming back from school that day. The house was totally in silence. I thought that they’re throwing a surprise party for me like the usual. But turns out I got the shock of my life. I heard her arguing with my dad, and saw her dragging a suitcase with her. I heard what they were fighting about; she saw me and stared at me for a while. But then she just walked passed me and ignored me. I followed and called out to her many times when she reached outside. She had only stopped when she heard me asking her where she was going on my birthday.”

Tiffany held her breath. She knew where this was going

“She wished my birthday for the last time and left without even looking back at me. It was like I meant nothing to her.”Taeng’s voice started to change into a hoarse one.

Tiffany reached for his hand in the dark, and held it tightly.

“I hated my birthday since then.”Taeng continued on. “That image of her leaving me, despite me begging her will always remain in my mind.”Taeng shuddered when he remembered that memory again. “It’s stupid but I always felt like someone is going to leave me on this particular day. That’s why I prefer to avoid it. At any cause.” Taeng chuckled suddenly. “You must think I’m losing my mind or something. But when you wished my birthday, I felt like you’re leaving me somehow. I don’t know why but I’m afraid that day will come sooner than I thought.”

Tiffany squeezed his hand. “I’m not going anywhere, Taeng. You don’t have to worry about that.”

Taeng froze at the hand that was holding on tightly with his. “How could I stop worrying about you leaving? You don’t even care about me.”Taeng said solemnly.

“I care Taeng.”

“You’re just saying that.”

“What can I do to make you believe me?”

“Promise me, that you’ll never leave me.”Taeng sounded desperate.

“What?”

“Promise me, that you will never leave my side, at least not without any words.” Taeng repeated his sentences. Tiffany was contemplating the promise; she stayed quiet for a moment.

“I’ll promise you. I’ll stay by your side for as long as I can, and if I ever wanted to leave, I’ll tell you in advance.”

“That doesn’t sound anything like I told you to promise about.”Taeng frowned.

“Take it or leave it.”

“Fine. I’ll hold on onto it. Don’t leave me like her.”Taeng held tightly Tiffany’s hand, like he’ll never let go. They stayed in that tube for hours before deciding to leave. Taeng led Tiffany out of the tube and walked around the playground for a while before heading to his car. All the time, they were holding hands, Taeng didn’t let go of Tiffany’s hand for once. Tiffany also just let Taeng held her hand throughout the night. They would only release their connecting hands when they really had to.

 

The next day, it was Saturday, which means weekend for the gang. They decided to meet up at an amusement park late in the evening.  It was actually Yul'

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter