Found You

You're Not Sorry
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N

Sorry for the late update. I've been really busy with something lately. Anyway, here's a intense chapter. And since all of you are sick at Siwon and also Thomas, they won't be appearing in this one. Enjoy. :P

 

“Hey, Love.”

“Hi, Taeng.”

Taeng frowned in the other line. “You didn’t sound happy to hear my voice.”

“I didn’t mean it that way.”

“I know.” Taeng tried to smile. “What have you been doing today?”

“The usual.” She answered in short.

“Fany, What’s wrong?”

“Nothing, Taeng.” She huffed and tried to sound normal. “What did you do today?”

“That’s my question, Fany. And since you didn’t answer mine, I’m not going to answer yours too.” He pouted.

“I’m sorry, Taeng. I’m just… I don’t know. What do you want to know?”

“Everything. What time did you wake up today? Did you eat your breakfast? Did Yul pick you up again?”

“Yes to all the questions.”

“Fany-ahhh.” He huffed. “You used to blabber all about your days whenever we talked.”

“That’s because I rather talk to you in person than on the phone.”

“But I can’t be with you right now, so this phone call should be sufficed.”

“Why can’t you be here?”

Taeng breathed heavily into the phone. “We talked about this yesterday, Fany. I’ll be back soon.”

“Soon is not soon enough.”

“Baby~~ what do you want me to do?”

“I miss you. I want you.”

“I miss you too.” He replied sadly when he noticed the sadness in his girlfriend’s voice. “I promise you, when I come back, we’ll spend the whole day together.”

“So you’re trying to make up a week without you with a day?”

Taeng was confused at first but then he smiled widely. “Alright, I’ll bring you somewhere special when I get back. We’ll go away for a week. How’s that?”

“A week?”

“It can be a week or a month. Your call.”

“But don’t you have to work? And we have school too.”

“We can skip it.”

“Taeng, the finals are in weeks.”

 “Right, I forgot about that.” Taeng sighed. “We can go after that?”

“Umm?”

“After school ends, I’ll bring you there.”

“Really?”

“Yes.” He said convincingly. “So, just hang on a little bit more, okay?”

“Okay.”

“Now give me a smile.”

“Why should I? You can’t even see it.”

“Don’t underestimate my power. I can see you from all the way here.” Taeng spoke with deep voice.

Tiffany giggled, amused with her boyfriend dorky behaviours.

“Now, that’s even better.”

“What do you mean?”

“You’re giggling.”

“No, I’m not.”

“I told you I can see you, so don’t lie.”

Tiffany scoffed. “You’re only saying that because you heard me, just now.”

Taeng chuckled when he got caught. “Can’t you just play along?”

“Nope. You don’t have any superpower, deal with that.”

“But I do have one.” Taeng insisted.

“Oh really? What is it then?”

“I have the ability to make you smile. And that’s enough power for me.”

Tiffany cackled. “Silly Taeng.”

“See, I just made you smile again.”

“I was laughing, not smiling.”

“Really? Wow, then my power just has been upgraded to making you laugh.”

“HaHa.” Tiffany mocked. “So I guess you’re my Superman huh?”

“Absolutely. And you’re my Lois Lane.”

“Who’s that?”

“Duhh, Superman’s girlfriend.”

“You have another girlfriend beside me?” Tiffany said with a accusing tone.

“No.” Taeng denied immediately. “The comic, Fany. In the comic, Superman’s girlfriend is Lois Lane.” He began to explain about the characters thoroughly.

Tiffany broke into laughter hearing his boyfriend attempt to explain himself. “I know, Taeng. I was just kidding.” She said cutting off Taeng’s long explanation.

“That’s mean.”

“You’re the one who panicked.”

“I thought you’re doubting me.”

“I would never.”

“Good, because I would never find another.”

“I love you, Taeng.”

“I love you Tiffany Hwang.”

They talked for hours and hours and when Tiffany was starting to get drowsy, Taeng started to hum a lullaby for her. After making sure Tiffany was sound asleep, Taeng finally hung up the phone and decided to call his friend.

“What’s up, Taeng?”

“Hey, Yul. Nothing much.”

“So why did you call?”

“I have something to ask.”

“About what?”

“Tiffany.”

Yul groaned inwardly. “Oh, what about her?”

“Is something going on with her? She seemed a little upset these couple of days.”

“I don’t know. Why don’t you try asking her?”

“She won’t tell me. She just said that she’s been tired from work. But I don’t buy that. She never complained about that before.” He said carefully.

“Well, maybe she just missed you.” Yul tried to give an excuse, although his conscience was urging him to tell the truth.

“Yeah. She’s been clingy with me too. And I’m worried about that. A clingy Tiffany means an upset one. It’s usually about her father.”

“What do you want me to do then?”

“Can you maybe make her talk to you? Or ask Jessica to ask about it. I’ll do it myself, but I know Tiffany, she won’t tell me these kinds of things.”

“I’m sure she won’t tell us too, Taeng.”

Taeng sighed. “Just try, Yul. Or just cheer her up.”

“Alright. I will.” He agreed. “By the way, when are you coming home?”

“Most probably the day after tomorrow.”

“Really? I thought you still have 3 more days.”

“Well, I haven’t asked my dad yet, but I think he’ll let me go early. Things here are pretty much settled.”

“That’s good to hear, can’t wait for you to come back.”

“auww, you miss me?”

“HaHa. You wish. I just want to get this babysitting job early.”

Taeng laughed. “Fine. I’ll try to be back as soon as possible. I need to sleep now. Goodnight.”

“Goodnight.”

 

****

4 days ago~~ (the day Taeng left for Japan)

“Take me to the café.” Tiffany spoke after keeping her silence in the car.

They were in Yul’s car after seeing Taeng took off.

“Are you sure? You don’t look so well.”

“It’s okay. I still have my shift to finish.”

“I’m sure Noona would let you rest for today.”

“I can’t. She had given me so many off days. Just drop me there, please.”

“Alright.” Yul agreed. He took a glance at Tiffany who was looking out the window. “Aren’t you going to tell me what happened?”

“It’s nothing.”

“Really? Because it seemed like it was something. Huihoon sounded panicked on the phone earlier.”

“He was just shocked that I broke down in front of him.”

“Why did you cry in the first place?”

Tiffany pondered for a minute before giving him an answer. “I don’t know.”

Yul raised his eyebrow. It was a blunt lie, and Yul knows it. “Tiffany, you know you got us right? Me, Jessica, Den and Sunny. Even the boys at the café are there for you.”

Tiffany sighed. “It was just something silly.”

“As much of silly it was, you can still talk about it. I’m all ears. Taeng is like a brother to me, and you’re an important person to him. So you’re pretty much a sister to me too.”

“Yul…” Tiffany muttered sadly. She was touched by Yul’s words and she can’t help but to feel disheartened by it.

“It’s just some personal problems. And I think I can handle it for this time being.”

“Alright, Tiffany. Just remember we’re here for you. Always.”

“I know.” Tiffany smiled at Yul, trying to reassure him.

Tiffany recalled the conversation she had with Yul that day. It was heartwarming and honestly it made Tiffany felt comforted by it. But now, the person standing in front of her was nothing like he was that day. It hurts for her to think back just how much Yul changed. His behaviors and words towards her would always contain sarcasm and threats, she can’t blame him though, it was all her own fault.

“Taeng called you last night?”

“Yeah.”

“What did you tell him?”

“Nothing.”

“Then why the hell did he worry about you?”

“What do you mean?”

“He told me to cheer you up. Hah, maybe I should bring the doctor here.”

“Stop mentioning him.”

“Why? That’s the reason why you’re so sad these days huh? Can’t see your precious doctor?”

Tiffany shook her head. “It’s not because of that.”

“Don’t tell me the reason is because you miss Taeng.” He mocked her.

“I do miss him.”

“You should at least pretend that you’re happy so that he won’t worry much. Instead, you acted like you’re miserable without him.”

“Please stop talking like this.”

“Tell him the truth, and I’ll stop.”

“I can’t.” Tiffany said. “I’m not ready.”

Yul snickered. “It’s been 2 days and you keep on telling me that. If you’re not going to tell him, I will.” Yul spat, throwing her a pressuring look.

“Can we at least wait until he gets here?”

“Why? So that you can go around and see that doctor more while he was gone?” Yul spat angrily. He didn’t care anymore, all he wants is the best for his friend, Taeng. And right now, Tiffany proved herself unworthy of Taeng’s love.

“Yul!”

“What? It’s true right? That’s why you kept on dragging this.”

“No, I’m just… I want to tell him face to face.”

“Really? Why? So you can give your puppy face and make Taeng falls for it and forgives you that easily?”

“Why are you doing this to me?”

“Because you freaking cheated on him.”

“I didn’t.”

“Prove it. Why did you see that doctor?”

“I wasn’t seeing him.”

“Then who?

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter