Before

You're Not Sorry
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N Happy doomsday, readers! :P

“What the hell were you doing at the market?!” Tiffany screamed into the phone.

The person on the other line laughed. “Why can’t I?”

“Were you following us?”

“What do you think?”

“Stop answering my question with a question, Siwon!”

“Stop screaming into the phone.” He said with a cold voice. “You weren’t this brave when we met at the market.”

She gulped nervously. “Just tell me what do you want?”

“Have you spoken to the doctor yet?”

“About what?”

“Do you know what he’s doing to me?”

“Can you just cut to the chase?”

“He’s suing me.”

“Good for him.” She matter-fact-ly.

“Yeah, I bet you’re happy about that right?”

“You deserved it.”

“Really? For what?”

“You destroyed his clinic, and hit him.”

“Oh, come on. It was just a blow to his head, it’s harmless.”

“Why don’t you just let him give one to you so you can be even?”

Siwon chuckled at Tiffany’s words. “You’re really enjoying this right? Do you think I would just let him do this to me? Do you have any idea what a case like this could do to my career?”

Tiffany scoffed. “I don’t give a damn about you.”

“Oh, but you should.”

“F’ck off.”

“I’m not going down alone, Tiffany.”

“What do you mean?”

“If I go to jail, I’m gonna break you just before I go.”

Tiffany froze. “W-what?”

“You heard me. You brought this to me. The only reason the doctor care enough to go through a messy case like this is because he’s in love with you.”

“This got nothing to do with me. He’s doing this because you deserve it. You wrecked his clinic, the clinic he builds with his own money.”

Siwon laughed. “Do you really believe that? Have you’ve seen what he wears or drives? Or where he lives?”

“I don’t understand.”

“He’s f’cking rich, Tiffany. Maybe as rich as your boyfriend too.”

“So? That still doesn’t have anything to do with me.”

“He won’t go through all this trouble for a petty clinic. He can easily repair or even buy a new one with his money. The reason he’s doing this is for you. He’s trying to protect you from me.” Siwon laughed again. “What an idiot.”

“Whatever it is, it’s his personal decision. I have someone I love very much, and he knows it too.”

“Yeah, that kid Taeng. He’s really rich too. F’ck, Tiffany, you really are a magnet for these rich brats.”

“I’m not with Taeng because of that, Siwon. I see beyond that of him.” She defended herself.

“Really? Like what? His credit cards?”

“F’ck you. I don’t have to convince you of anything.”

“Alright. If you says so. So you f’cking love this boy huh? You’ll do anything for him right? You’ll try everything to protect him?”

“Of course.”

“If that so you wouldn’t want anything bad happen to him right?”

“What are you implying, Siwon?”

“I don’t know. That car of his, does it have an airbag? Or are the brakes working well?”

“What are you planning?!”

“Chill, Tiffany. I was just asking.” He laughed cynically. “But it would be really a waste if such a nice car has blood splattered all over the interior.”

“Tell me, god damn it!”

“If you want to keep him safe, you should follow everything that I tell you to do.”

“Like what?”

“Since you failed the first task I gave you, you have a new one. And I want this to be settled as soon as possible. I don’t the media hears a peep about.”

“What do you want me to do?” Tiffany asked impatiently.

“Convince Thomas to withdraw his case against me.”

“I can’t do that.”

“Oh come on, Tiffany. He would do anything if you ask him to.”

“But I don’t know how to convince him to do that.”

“You’ll figure something out. Beg him if you want. I don’t give a damn. I just want this to be over with.”

“Siwon, I…”

“Give me a call once you’re done, I expect nothing but good news from you. I gotta go, talk to you later.”

Siwon hung up, and Tiffany ended up staring at her phone for half an hour.

A pair of arms s around her waist and a chin was placed on her shoulder.

“Who was it?” Taeng asked after placing a kiss on her shoulder.

“Urm?” Tiffany immediately sunk into his embrace. She felt relaxed with his warm hug, contrast to the cold night.

“Who called you?”

“No one.”

“Really? I heard you yelling over the phone.”

“It’s because of the bad reception here. I can barely hear his voice.”

“Who?”

Tiffany bit her lips. “My father.”

“Oh, what he wants now?”

“The usual.” Tiffany could feel her heart clenching because of the lies.

“More money? He’s been quiet for a few months, did he run out of the money I sent him?”

“I don’t know. He just.... Wait, what did you say?” Tiffany stared at her boyfriend suspiciously.

“I said that he’s been quiet.”

“No, you said you sent him money. That’s why he’s been quiet.”

“I did not say that.”

“You did. What did you mean by that? You sent money to him?”

Taeng shut his mouth.

“Taetae?”

“Yeah. I’ve been sending him money this couple of months.” Compared to his girlfriend, Taeng is a bad liar, he prefer to tell the truth.

“What?! How did you even do that? I used bank accounts.”

“I have my ways. Anyway, he was asking for more, didn’t he?”

“How did you know that?”

Taeng scratched his head. “I overheard your conversation a few months back, and it’s really not difficult to figure out the reason you’ve been working too much these days. You’ve been skipping meals again and cutting off your grocery shopping. You only eat at the café, but not at home. You volunteered to Noona to run errands for the café, and even if you’re trying to hide it from me, Noona would tell me everything.”

“Even so, you can’t do that. You can’t go around and do this behind my back. He’s my father, my responsibility. Not yours.”

“But you’re my girlfriend. I don’t want you to suffer from his demands.”

“I am used to it. I’ve been living with him for years. It still doesn’t give you the right to interfere with my business.” She snapped at her boyfriend. She was really mad at him. She doesn’t like it when he does these kinds of things. Taking things into his own hands. It just doesn’t feel right to her to let him do this for HER father.

“I will do whatever I can to make you live comfortably.”

“So this is what you meant by comfortable? I told you many times that I don’t want to live off you. You are my boyfriend. Just that.”

Taeng’s face fell. “Just that huh?”

“Yeah. Stop acting like you own me.”

 “I’m not doing that.”

“You are. You went through my mails and bank accounts. I don’t even know how you sent my father money, but it’s not right. Stop doing that. Stop controlling how thing goes in my life.”

“I just want…”

“Stop! Don’t say anything anymore. I’m really upset with you now. You’ve been hiding this from me for months now. That’s why daddy hasn’t called me at all. You kept him ‘quiet’ huh?”

“But I thought that’s what you want. He’s not bothering you anymore. No more pressuring calls.”

“I want him to do that! He’s my father! It’s the only way I can PRETEND that he cares about me.” Tiffany’s eyes starting to tear up. “You took that away from me.”

“Fany….” Taeng was surprised to see his girlfriend’s tears. He thought that she was mad at him, but now it seems more like a daughter who is longing for a father. He walked closer and hugged her. “I’m sorry. I…”

Tiffany started to cry in his embrace. “Why did you do that, Taetae?”

“I just want the best for you.”

“Is this the best for me? Being so lonely.”

“Hey, you have me.” He kissed her forehead. “ And I didn’t know how much those phone calls meant to you. I wouldn’t take that away from you if I know.”

“I miss him, Taetae.” Tiffany sobbed onto his arms. “Why would he call only when he needs money.”

“Do you want me to call him? I’ll give a call to him.” Taeng tried to coax his girlfriend. It breaks him to see her crying like this. “Just stop crying, I’ll do anything you want.”

Tiffany shook her head.  “That’s okay, he probably wouldn’t want to talk to me.” She sniffed and put her hands around his waist, burying her head on his chest.

“Why are you so nice to me? I… I don’t deserve this, I don’t deserve you.”

‘I’m only hurting you.’ Tiffany thought to herself. She obviously noticed the upset face Taeng put on just now when she to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter