Troublemaker

You're Not Sorry
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N

Here's another update!

I appreciate all the comments!

Oh gosh, am I addicted to your bricks? *take cover*

have fun reading. :P

 

Taeng drove his car at a mad speed as he swept his car swiftly, avoiding all the cars on the road. His grips on the steering wheel tightened when he replayed the images of the earlier occurrence in his head.

“F’ck F’ck!” Taeng cursed with all his heart, pounding on the steering wheel with one hand while the other was keeping the car steady on its path. He was mad at everyone that day, his friends, Thomas, and his girlfriend.

“They’re all bullsh’t!” Taeng stated angrily. “Useless!”

His phone was ringing nonstop; all of them were calls from his friends. He ignored all of it. He didn’t want to talk to any of them. They are all worthless to him.

Taeng was at his house after hours of speeding on the highway. He climbed the stairs to his room. But before he could step a foot in his room, his stepmother called him.

“Taeng, you’re home?”

Taeng ignored his stepmother but then he was held back by his shoulder. “What’s wrong?”

He turned to face her and gave her a threatening glare. “Leave me alone.”

“Have you been crying?”

“No.” He replied monotonously. “Let me go, I want to sleep.”

“Hey, tell me what’s wrong.” Taeng’s stepmother reached out to touch his cheek but Taeng had grabbed it in time. “Don’t. Touch. Me.” He said spitefully.

“Why are you so angry?”

Taeng scoffed. “Because all of you are full of sh’t”

“Taeng!” Her eyes were widened at the way Taeng spoke to her.

“What? You don’t like it? It’s the truth anyway. So, f’ck off and leave me alone.” Taeng said angrily and his heels.

“Did something happen?”

Taeng turned back and gave her a smirk. “Why do you care?”

“Because I’m your mother.”

Taeng gritted his teeth hearing the taboo word. “You’re my stepmother. You’ll never be a real mother because you can’t bear a child. Deal with it!”

His stepmother gasped. She raised her hand and was going to slap him but she barely stopped in time. She brought her hand down and tears started to gather in her eyes.

“Why did you stop? Come on, do it.” Taeng challenged the woman in front of him. He was anticipating it. Over the years, his stepmother had never raised her voice at him or scold him, and he would like to see that happen because honestly, he thinks that she’s all an act.

“How could you say that to me?” Taeng’s stepmother was in tears, it breaks her heart hearing those words coming from her stepson. The one that she has taken as her own.

“Oh sh’t. You’re crying too? Why do women always think that it’ll work on men? I have enough of this sh’t.” Taeng rolled his eyes. “Stop crying!”

“Please, Taeng. Stop talking like this.”

“Don’t you like it? I’m a lot better like this. I’m happier.” He showed a broken smile.

“Taeng…”

Taeng’s face turned dark in an instant. “You know what? All I want to do was go home and get some sleep. I’m f’cking exhausted with all the dramas in school but you kept on holding me back. So don’t blame me for this.”

“You can’t talk to me like this.”

“I can do whatever I want.” He said sternly before pushing his stepmother from his way and slammed the door in her face.

 

 

The next morning, Taeng woke up early and get ready for school. He took a quick bath and put on a hoodie and a pair of jeans. He walked out his room and went down the stairs. While he was on his way out, his eyes met the eyes of his stepmother and for a second his heart twitched in guilt.

His stepmother’s eyes were red and swollen. It looked like his stepmother cried the whole night and it made Taeng felt guilty. Of course he didn’t mean any of the things he said last night, but he was just mad at everyone that he started to spit out some harsh words to her.

If this was the old him, he would’ve walked right to her and apologize for what he did, but he didn’t feel like it. He didn’t have to mood to apologize to anyone anymore and admit that he was wrong.

Just before he was about to walk out, the woman spoke.

“Eat your breakfast, Tae.” Her voice was hoarse probably because of all the crying she did last night.

“I’m not hungry.”

“You skipped dinner yesterday, just please eat something.”

“I don’t want to.”

“You’re going to get sick if…”

“I said I don’t want to!” He yelled and stormed out of the house causing his stepmother to cry again.

 

Taeng was on the rooftop of his school building. The same want he would always go to whenever he felt like clearing out his mind. He stood on the ledge of the building and felt like jumping off it. Oh, he had thought about it many times before but he never has the courage to do it because he still has his father to think of. The only one that matters now in his life. He loves his father, and he didn’t want to leave him with the poor excuse of a stepmother that he has. He has to protect father from her.

“Taeng? Get off that thing.” Yul approached his friend carefully.

He turned around and snickered. “Why? It’s more fun up here.”

“You’re going to fall. Get down.”

“I’m already falling, Yul.” He replied indifferently. His face changed into a fierce one. “What are you doing here?”

“It’s lunch break.”

“So? This is not the cafeteria.”

“I can say the same to you too. Why would you go to school if you’re not going to stay in class anyway?”

“Duhh, for the attendance. I did come into class when they’re taking attendance. Why do you care anyway?” He squatted down and sat on the ledge.

Yul jumped up to take a seat next to him. “I’m your friend, Taeng.”

Taeng scoffed. “We stopped being friends when you decided to take her side.”

“I did not.” Yul huffed. “I was just doing what you told me to do before.”

“I never told you to abandon me and take her side.”

He shook his head. “No. But you told me before that whatever happens between you two, that I don’t have the right to judge her or hurt her. I’m doing just that, Taeng.”

“That was before she cheated on me.”

“Are you sure about that, Taeng?”

“Of course. Saw it with my own eyes, Yul.”

Yul was quiet for a moment, trying to digest the new information. “I’ve never thought she was that kind of girl.”

“You’ve warned me before, Yul. I was just too blind to see.” He sighed. “But now I can see clearly.”

Yul was quietly thinking of what to do now.

Taeng turned to his left and saw the bruise on Yul’s face, from his punch yesterday. “Sorry about that.”

“Huh?” Yul saw what Taeng was pointed at. “Oh, no worries. I have got it worse from you. The perks of being friends with Kim Taeng. Being a walking Punchbag is like what I look forward the most.”

He chuckled bitterly. “Yea, sure.”

“I’m still your friend, Taeng. I’m not taking anyone’s side, I am here for you. Just talk to me and tell me what’s wrong.”

“What’s wrong is how stupid I was. Why can’t I see it before? That she was nothing but a trouble for me.”

Yul kept quiet and listened to his friend’s rants.

“Do you know how much it hurts?” Taeng spoke again. “I think it’ll hurt less if I wasn’t so in love with her. But I guess that was my fault for falling too hard.”

“It’s not your fault, Taeng.” Yul patted his shoulder. “We’re all like that. Love is not something we can control.”

“I thought she was different, Yul. I thought she was the one.”

‘I thought so too, Taeng.’ Yul thought to himself.

“I guess there is no such thing. I’m just destined to be alone.”

“Hey, don’t say that. There is someone out there.”

“Really, Yul? Because I don’t give a damn anymore. Screw love! Screw her!”

“…..”

“Taetae…”

Taeng’s whole body tensed up hearing the familiar voice. He snapped his head towards the voice and saw Tiffany standing in the doorway.

He felt his heart was having the same attack of pain and his breath was caught in his throat.

“Taetae, can we talk?”

Taeng jumped down from the ledge and stormed towards the girl.

Yul was quick to act and held him back before he could do anything to Tiffany. “Hey, calm down.”

“Let go of me, Yul.” He growled. “She wants to talk to me, let me go!” His eyes were staring at the figure in front of him.

“You need to calm down first.”

“Calm down?” He laughed. “Alright, I’ll calm down.”

Yul let go off Taeng slowly but stood in front of Tiffany for precaution.

Taeng laughed seeing that, he felt dejavu once again when the same situation happened with Thomas and him. “You too, Yul?”

“I just don’t want you to do something you’ll regret.”

“I wasn’t going to hurt her, Yul.”

“What you’re going to do then?”

“Get out of my way and I’ll show you.”

Yul hesitated for a second but Tiffany had made her decision and revealed herself. She stood in front of Yul and faced Taeng.

“Taetae, I’m…” Tiffany didn’t get to finish her words because was enclosed by a pair of lips. The kiss was rough and urgent that she didn’t know what was Taeng was trying to say to her through their kiss. When Tiffany was starting to struggle to catch her breath, Taeng pulled away from the kiss and wiped his mouth distastefully.

“How could I not realize this before? You tasted disgusting.” He spat out. He push

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter