Is this the end?

You're Not Sorry
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N

here's an update. a yulsic one.

Jessica was lying on her bed, hugging tightly to her stuffed animal. It was a large size stuffed Panda. Jessica was squeezing the Panda so tight, releasing all her pent up feelings. She was crying again after another call to Yul’s phone went into the voicemail. She stared at the lifeless phone waiting for a call back from Yul, but knew it would never come. She took the phone and threw it at the wall, smashing it into pieces.

“Sooyeon? Are you okay honey?”Jessica’s mother knocked on the locked door. She was worried about her daughter. When Jessica got back from the school, she went straight into her room and didn’t come out of it. Mrs. Jung can hear all the sobbing and objects being thrown in the room.

“Can you let me in, honey?”She tried again. She wanted to comfort her daughter.

“I’m fine, Mommy.”Jessica tried to sound normal.

“Why are you crying then? I can hear you.”

Jessica didn’t answer.

“Do you want me to call Yul for you?”Mrs. Jung knows that only Yul can persuade her daughter from throwing tantrums. Jessica is known for her bad temper and unstable emotions. Whenever Jessica was down or stressed, she would always behave like this. Locking herself up and throwing things. And Yul has always been there whenever Jessica was upset and in an awful mood to calm her down.

“NO!”Jessica yelled. “He doesn’t care about me anymore!”Jessica said sadly and continued crying in her room.

Jessica’s mother retreated back from her daughter's room and went into hers. She saw her husband on their bed checking his emails from his iPad.

“She’s not letting me in.”Mrs. Jung told her husband.

Mr. Jung looked up from his iPad and sighed out. “Did she eat yet?”

“No. She’s been her room since she got back from school.”

“What is she upset about now?”

“I don’t know. She won’t talk to me.”

“Did you call Yul?”Mr. Jung was also familiar with her daughter’s comforter.

“She wouldn’t let me.”Mrs. Jung paused. “Maybe she’s upset about him. She said that Yul didn’t care about her anymore.”

“That makes sense then.”Mr. Jung took his handphone from the bedside table and dialled Yul’s number. The phone rang for a while before it was answered.

“Hello, Yul?”Mr. Jung greeted. There was a silence on the other line before a voice was heard.

“Yeah, Daddy Jung?” Since Yul and Jessica knew each other since kindergarten, Yul was familiar with her family and treated them like his own.

“Were you sleeping?”

“I’m not sleeping yet, Daddy. What can I help you with?”

“Oh. You know what I would call you for right?”

“I’m not sure. Do you need help at the company?”

“I’m calling about Sooyeon. You guys fought?”

Yul was quiet. He knew the phone call was about Jessica all along. Mr. Jung would only call him about his beloved daughter or if he needs help at the company.

“Yul?”He paused. “You know I’ll never meddle into your little quarrels but it seemed that this time it’s serious.”

“It’s not.”

“She said you didn’t care about her anymore.”

“I care about her. A lot. I just need some space.”

Mr. Jung sighed. “Yul, I think you know how she feels about you. She loves you, and if you’re upset at the way she acted, just remember she did it out of love.”

“She doubted me, Daddy. I’m not sure if that is love anymore. Isn’t love is all about trust?”

“You know how she is, Yul. She’s insecure.”

“I’m getting tired being doubted like that. I love her, but she kept on accusing me doing things that only the old me would do.”

“She’s afraid to lose you. That’s all.”

“I will never leave her. She’s my life right now.”Yul stated firmly.

“I know that, Yul. But are you sure Sooyeon knows that?”

“She should know that.”

Mr. Jung sighed again. “Yul, do you remember what you promised me a year back?”

“Of course, Mr. Jung.”

“What did you promise me again?”

Yul took a deep breath. “I promised you, that I would take care of your daughter as long as I live. And that I’m the only one that can make her happy more than anyone else could.”

“Are you going to break that promise now?”

Yul was quiet again.

“Talk to her, Yul. Make sure she knows that. Don’t avoid her anymore.”Mr. Jung paused. “You’re going to finish high school soon and might not see each other as much as before. Treasure the time you have with each other.”

“I’ll try, Daddy.”Yul cleared his throat. “Is she okay?”

“I’m not sure because she locked herself in her room. But it’s quiet now, maybe she fell asleep. She hasn’t eaten anything yet though.”

“Do you have the keys?”

Mr. Jung smiled to himself. “Of course.” He has the spare keys for all the rooms in his house and could easily enter Jessica’s room but he knew Jessica would go ballistic if they enter her room without her permission.

Yul thought for a while. “I’ll be there in 10 minutes.”Yul paused. “See you later.”

“All right, Yul. Drive safely.”He hung up and looked at his curious wife beside him.

“Yul’s coming?”

“Yeah.”

Mrs. Jung squealed. “Ahhh. Young love. I envy them.”

“We were like that too, honey.”

“You’re not as sweet as Yul though.”

“I’m sweeter right?”Mr. Jung raised his eyebrows.

Mrs. Jung scoffed and pinched her husband. “What promise that you were talking about with him?”

“It’s a secret.”Mr. Jung said teasingly.

“Tell me, please?”Mrs. Jung whined.

“Alright.”He could never resist his wife's antics. “Last year, I was actually going to engage Sooyeon with Michael’s son.”

“What? That doctor?”

“Yeah.”He paused. “I asked Yul’s opinion about it. Silly right? I don’t even know why I would ask that to Yul. I guess we had always treated him like our own.”

“I thought you knew that Yul is always in love with our daughter.”

“I know that. But I used to think that Yul will never change his ways. That’s why I planned that engagement. To give a boost for him to man up. But Yul never knows that.”Mr. Jung grinned.

“What happened then?”

“Yul begged me to not proceed with it. He said that it would mean the world if I give him a chance. So, I didn’t go with the engagement. But I warned Yul that if he breaks Sooyeon’s heart, I’ll make sure that he’ll never get to see her again.

“Wow, you basically blackmailed him into dating our daughter?”

“Yup. I’m the best daddy in the world right?”He stated proudly.

 Jessica’s parents chuckled to their silly talk and waited for Yul to come to make their daughter feel better again.

Yul came sooner than he said he will. He greeted Jessica’s parents and apologized for causing inconvenience to them.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter