Just A Dream?

Special Delivery

*bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzt bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzt bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzt*

What's taking her so long to answer? it's 9am already, she's so lazy!. Momo knew that her friend had had a busy day yesterday and understood maybe why she wasn't answering but the coffees in her hand were getting cold and it would have been rude to drink hers alone, so she waited, tapping her foot impatiently. A few minutes later and a bleary-eyed Mina answered, shuffling back into her apartment in her chick slippers, not taking even a second to check that she hadn't just invited a serial killer into her home. Momo looked around as she followed her, mouth agape at the towers of boxes, evidently her friend had been too tired to sort her belongings out last night.

Sitting on the sofa next to Mina, she handed a coffee over, still looking around at the cardboard towers, she sighed. "You know Minari, it's really a good thing that I came today, the others were worried we wouldn't see you for weeks otherwise. Drink your coffee and we'll get to work putting your stuff away, ok?". Sipping at the rim of her own polyethylene insulated paper cup she finally looked at her friend, she realised she knew that look from before but couldn't place it exactly. When had Mina been in this state of reverie before?, a happy time but one that had almost ruined rehearsals on more than one occasion. She was on the cusp of remembering when her friend suddenly giggled and startled her.

"What are you giggling at?, who are you texting?, lemme see", Momo leapt on her friend in an effort to grab her phone and solve the mystery once and for all but she was too slow and her arms were too short, she started laughing and collapsed on top of Mina, catching her own reflection in those dark eyes. A few seconds passed as the stared at each other, neither one saying a word until Momo broke the silence in a mutter, "We can't do this again Pengin, I won't..".

Clumsily climbing off of her friend, Momo tried her hardest to hold back the tears as she walked to the kitchen and stood with her back to her friend, distracting herself with unboxing utensils and crockery, all the while feeling those same gorgeous eyes she once loved to lose herself in, burning a hole into her back.