A Welcome Visitor

Special Delivery

A twinge of pain shot through Dahyun's ribs and she clutched at them as she nestled her face against Momo's chest. She had forgotten her broken bones and grimaced as even a small arm movement hurt her, she gasped a little too loudly and Momo opened her eyes, gently wrapping her arms around Dahyun and pecking the top of her head before going back to sleep. It would be a few weeks before she regained full mobility but she knew that Momo was willing to wait and be patient with her, the thought making her smile as she closed her eyes.

It was so quiet in the apartment that the only sound was Ray's snoring and his feet skittering on the floor as he chased whatever it was in his dream. The doorbell rang loudly and Mina lay still with her eyes open, a little scared to open it since the events of their kidnapping at the hands of the madman police officer, they never did find out why he'd done it to them. Footsteps could be heard approaching the front door and Mina leapt up to open her door a crack to see who it was calling and who had been brave enough to let them in.

Oh no!, not today, not this early, when everyone is sleeping together. Why did she have to come now?, Mina slapped the palm of her left hand to her forehead as she watched her grandma embrace Momo and start talking to her as she shuffled inside the apartment as fast as her legs would permit. Mina sighed and grabbed her phone from the bedside table, accidentally knocking into it with her knee and waking Chaeyoung up who sat upright scarily fast and looked around, she was just about to say something when Mina leapt onto the bed silently and covered with her hand.

Chaeyoung looked puzzled and waited for an explanation just as Mina's phone buzzed with a text from Momo telling her about her visitor. She showed her phone to Chaeyoung to explain and watched her girlfriend's eyes widen in concern. Mina took her hand away from Chaeyoung's mouth and they proceeded to get dressed quietly, neither one daring to talk to each other. When they were done, Mina stepped out of the room first and Chaeyoung waited for the right moment to sneak from Mina's room to hers to make out that they had slept seperately.

She'd just made it and was emerging from her room as Dahyun appeared, walking at a similar speed to Mina's grandma's usual pace and clutching gingerly at her ribs. Chaeyoung felt bad because she knew how much pain Dahyun must be in and it seemed like she was the only one who had gotten hurt in the kidnapping. They smiled at each other and Chaeyoung fell into step with Dahyun as thy approached the sofa area where everyone else was already seated and listening to Mina's grandma's endless stories of their friend's childhood.

"Mina, your friends are so welcoming and such lovely girls. Your mother wanted me to ask about when you will be inviting your boyfriend over, but a grandma knows certain things a mother doesn't. I know that you won't be bringing a boy over at all, and don't think I didn't see this nice young lady sneak out of your bedroom a moment ago either.", Mina froze and felt her cheeks colour as she realised her grandma knew everything somehow.

Looking at the floor, she didn't notice her grandma shuffle over and with a wrinkled hand lift her chin so that their eyes met. Looking into those eyes which had seen so much, she felt oddly comforted, especially with the next sentence her grandma said only to her. "My granddaughter, you are the most important person in my life, you are always making me proud just by being you. I don't care whether you date a boy or a girl, it is your life to live and you must live it happily. I may be old and people of my age think it wrong to choose to date within your own gender but I don't and you should live your life for yourself, to hell with your mother's opinion. All I ask is that you be happy and that you tell me whenever you need somebody to talk to. Now, are you going to introduce me to your girlfriend and to this lovely couple?".