Safe In Her Arms

Special Delivery

Dahyun woke up alone, in a dark room she didn't recognise. Panicking a little, she sat up on the sofa and looked around for any signs of life but it was no use squinting into the darkness so she stood up and felt her way to the light switch, taking granny steps so as not to trip over any obstacles. She must have been sweating a lot because even her hands were sticky so she wiped them down her front and finally found the switch, flicking it on and turning around.

Her heart jumped into as she sunk to the floor, she hadn't been sweating, it was blood and now it was down her front too. Moving a little from unease, her bottoms stuck to the carpet and she felt the same blood soaked through the fabric, making it cling to the fibres in the Nylon, standing up quickly, she ran to the bathroom and closed the door, a trail of bloody footprints leading any would-be followers right to her.

She the cold water and rinsed her hands but it seemed like while the porcelain was covered in blood, her hands were no cleaner and she started to cry through fear. Wrenching open the shower curtain, she was in the process of turning the water on when she let out a scream and stumbled backwards, dismembered limbs floated on a film of congealed blood as she saw quite clearly Momo's tortured face crying for help that would never come.

Sobbing as she lay on the floor of the bathroom, she realised this must have been her but why couldn't she remember?, why had she done it?. Confused and upset beyond comfort, she felt a hand on her shoulder and opened her eyes, scrambling to get away but bumping into the tiled wall, she cried out that it wasn't real and that Momo couldn't really be dead since she could hear her voice.

"What should I do Mina?, she's having a nightmare and she's crying..how can I wake her up and make it better?", Momo was looking directly at Mina as if she would have the exact solution but she was staring back at her with no suggestion whatsoever and Momo went frustratingly back to trying to ease Dahyun awake and away from the monsters in her sleep.

It took several minutes but she woke up and clung to Momo as soon as she saw her, realising it had been a nightmare and making sure she was really right there, not dead at all. Mina smiled from across the room and all three of them jumped a little as the doorbell rang, Mina going to open it and the other two still hugging. Dahyun clung on for dear life, only letting go when Momo said she couldn't breathe, Wiping away her tears, Momo smiled and looked at her.

"Don't worry my little Tofu, i'm here. I'll always be here for you", she got up and sat next to Dahyun before initiating another cuddle as hot pizza was placed on the table and she felt Dahyun finally relax in her arms, the monsters safely trapped in her mind, for now.