The Aftermath

Special Delivery

"Thank you ladies, we'll need you to come down to the station in the morning and make your individual statements. We'd like to apologise on behalf of everyone on the police force for Officer Park's behaviour and we can promise he will be imprisoned for a long time. Please don't worry about his injuries, anyone can see they were a result of self defence. We'll leave you alone now but an offier will be stationed just outside the front door in case you need anything, goodnight ladies.", The girls all bowed politely and smiled weakly as Sergeant Kim and the forensics team left, Officer Park in handcuffs as he was stretchered away to an awaiting ambulance.

Sighing deeply as they sat down, Momo put her arms around Dahyun as the paramedic came over to give her the once over and the couple left with him to go to the hospital for an X-Ray of Dahyun's tender ribs. Sniffles around their feet came from a sorrowful and remorseful Ray, he must feel bad because he couldn't protect the girls at their most vulnerable time. Chaeyoung absently fussed him in reassurance and pulled Mina gently into her arms as they sat looking around at every anew.

Mina felt new hot tears on her face as she tried to remember happy times in this apartment but could only now see it as a crime scene and she knew it would take her so long to get to sleep anytime soon but she was lucky she had Chaeyoung to stay with her at least. Leaning into her, she closed her eyes and let the fresh and disturbing memories flood her vision as she listened to Chaeyoung's steady heartbeat.

The doctor walked into the room with his lead apron on and explained that all Dahyun needed to do after putting her own apron on was to lay perfectly still and only move when asked to. If she felt uneasy or needed a break, she need only call out. Smiling in response to the doctor, Dahyun looked at the one big window in the room and instantly felt better as she saw Momo smiling and waving at her. She could be anywhere, even in the worst place on earth and it would all seem ok if Momo was there with her, she lay back and waited for the surprisingly short process to begin, turning only when asked.

Momo stood absolutely still in the same spot and kept eye contact with Dahyun as she sat up and removed her apron when asked. They embraced briefly when they were reunited and Momo's arm remained around Dahyun's waist as they foolowed the doctor to his office while he went to collect the X-Ray results. Smiling at them positively, they watched his face grow a little concerned as he explained Dahyun's broken ribs and said she needed bed rest for a few weeks to let them fully heal. Both girls agreed and they watched him leave to get her painkiller prescription filled, moving closer to cuddle while he was out of the room.

Momo pecked Dahyun's dry lips softly and caressed her cheek as she mumbled playfully, "Bed rest huh?, I think we can arrange that. I'd be happy to be your nurse Miss Kim".