The Question

Special Delivery

A key fumbled in the lock as Mina rushed around cleaning everything up and making sure there was a fresh cup of coffee on for Dahyun as both she and Momo walked in. Jogging over, she held the door open as Momo struggled with the box that Dahyun's mother had given her, hefting it onto the kitchen counter but not letting Dahyun out of her sight. Catching her breath momentarily, she watched Dahyun sit down on the sofa and turn the tv on, Momo had forgotten her love for reality shows and an episode of 'Men On A Mission' was mid-way through but she caught up fast and was giggling away to it as Momo signalled to Mina to follow her into the kitchen.

She never took her eyes off of Dahyun and Mina had to admit it was sweet, she smiled at Momo's protectiveness and asked what she wanted to talk about. Not turning to face her or anything but keeping a hushed tone as she spoke, Momo asked Mina for a favour and awaited a refusal which didn't come.

"I was wondering...maybe..could Dahyun move in with us..with me I mean really..I think we might have something and I really don't want to spend a second more without her", leaning on the counter next to Momo and watching Dahyun too, Mina grinned and surprised her with a side hug. Dahyun looked around and smiled to see them happy, resuming her watching, she pulled the blanket which lay on the sofa, disgarded, over her legs and snuggled up.

"Of course she can, obviously she will have the same arrangement as you and Chae do, her own single bed for appearances but we can give her yours and buy a new double for you when she sleeps with you....did you already ask her?", Momo sighed and her head dropped as she realised she was getting ahead of herself by inviting Dahyun to live with them if she didn't want to. Mina laughed a little too loudly and Dahyun woke up from a slumber she didn't know she had entered. Covering and silently apologising, Mina grimaced and hugged Momo, telling her that she should ask before it was too late.

Taking a deep breath and standing up straight, she decided it was now or never and she was trying to work out exactly how to word it as she walked over to the beautiful sleeping girl on the sofa. She had come this far and there was no going back but as she bent down to gently wake her up, she realised she should let her sleep, it had been a long day and she could wait until Dahyun woke up to ask her.

Pecking her forehead lightly and caressing her cheek softly, she stood back up and walked back into the kitchen, waiting for her sleeping beauty to wake up.