Unhelpful Daughter

Special Delivery

Was it too much to ask for someone to answer the door?, what was her daughter doing that she couldn't help her poor old mother carry heavy boxes inside her apartment?. Mrs Son stood ringing the doorbell repeatedly for over half an hour before the door opened and she hefted the box into the apartment ahead of her. If she didn't have housemates and friends over, Chaeyoung would have been shouted and berated loudly for being rude.

Mina rushed over to take the majority of the weight from Chaeyoung's mother's package and offered her a drink which she gratefully accepted. Hopping up onto a stool at the kitchen counter, she smiled and greeted all the girls who in turn bowed politely in welcome and in thanks for the food they had just received. Chaeyoung emerged from the bathroom yawning and rubbing her eyes before someone cleared their throat loudly to get her attention.

Opening her eyes slowly, she gasped and entered into the longest and lowest bow any of them had ever seen before her mother told her to get up and mumbled about her friends being better hosts than she was. Shuffling over apologetically and hugging her mother in welcome, she thanked Mina for helping with the box and saw her blush a little.

"Chaeyoung, why do you let your friends greet me and help me before you get out of bed?, you're so lazy like your father you know. Sit down all of you and help yourself to the food, you're all such skinny girls, don't you eat?.", they laughed politely and gathered stools around the counter, chatter ranged from Chaeyoung's childhood to introductions of each member before Mrs Son stood up and declared that she had to go to a spa appointment. They were sad to see her leave but after promising to look after Chaeyoung, they all hugged her and waved her goodbye.

Mina walked over to Chaeyoung as soon as the door shut and put her arms around her waist, she giggled and pecked the side of her neck. Chaeyoung sighed and busied herself with cleaning the dishes they had used as Mina mumbled in her ear.

"Why don't you have a boyfriend yet honey?, hmm?..shall I call your mother and tell her the truth?.", Chaeyoung knew she was joking but a little bit of her was angry at the suggestion and so she turned around and without warning threw bubbles at Mina who gasped and threw some back before an all out war developed, Momo darting into the bedroom and hiding behind a mostly closed door as Dahyun did an impressive action roll over the sofa, shouting to take cover.

It wasn't world war three but it was a mess that they all knew sooner or later they'd have to clean up and the giggles turned to frowns of annoyance as they grabbed towels and wondered how the hell Dahyun had managed to disappear without a trace.