Repercussions

Special Delivery

"Have a seat.", he gestured to the four empty chairs on the other side of the desk and waited to continue talking until all four girls were seated. As he looked between the bowed heads of his newest employees and one he had known for months now, he sighed, of course he didn't want to let them go but they at least needed to know that their behaviour would not be tolerated an he wanted to split them up so there was no repeat performance but how could he do it?. "Now, I haven't known all of you that long, indeed Miss Son and Miss Hirai, I believe it's your first day today. That being said, it is so very tempting to let you all go, that includes you Miss Moui, regardless of how long you and Miss Kim have been here at the company. It would be a simple solution, however..", he paused and watched from his seat as the girls raised thier eyes to his with tears in them all. "However, I will do this instead. Miss Myoui, you will stay within your own department and maintain your status as manager, Miss Son, you will please move into the marketing team with Miss Kim. I trust you won't be tempted to become intimate with her too?. Miss Hirai, you will move from the front desk to the production line on your own. Again, I trust you won't be tempted to fraternise with any of the girls there, or even find a way to intercept and interrupt Miss Kim's work?. Ok, good. I don't think I need to tell you how disappointed I am with what you have all done, so you're all free to go and Miss Myoui can show you your new positions within the company.".

All four girls stood up slowly and kept their heads down as they bowed to the manager in further apology before leaving the office one after the other. Mina sighed as she told Momo where to go and who to speak to about her new position. Dahyun smiled weakly at Chaeyoung and the both of them departed for the marketing offices on the next floor down, neither said a word and Mina stood on the spot for a second, taking deep breaths and closing her eyes at how stupid she'd been and how lucky they all were to still be there. Before too long, she heard the muffled footfall of dozens of well fed employees returning to their respective desks and a buzz of chatter erupted as she made her way to the elevators which would take her to the car park and a moment's peace. The familiar opening door tone and the automatic woman's soothng voice echoed along the empty corridor and she stepped inside the vacant lift before a hand obstructed the safety beams and the door retracted into it's housing to allow a tired looking woman, around Mina's mother's age, into the lift beside her. She smiled sympathetically as she stood next to Mina and as soon as the doors were finally permitted to close, the tiny metal box jolted gently and the woman faced her, her tone was soft but she sounded professional and detached all the same. "Miss Myoui, I presume?, I have something for you.".