Relief

Special Delivery

Opening her eyes slowly, she closed them quickly again as the artificial lighting burned to look at. She felt numb, was this what it was like to die?, had she managed to rid herself of her pain completely?. Using all her strength, she moved the fingers on her right hand and was shocked to feel soft hair brush against them, fighting through the irritation caused by the light, she opened her eyes completely and blinked mutiple times to get used to the change.

It took a look around and a few seconds to piece things together for her to realise where she was, sighing as the clinical smell of the hospital room hit her nostrils. looking over to her right, she smiled, she was in heaven right now, she must be. Even though she couldn't see a face, she knew that that crumpled pile of hair and clothes was her Momo and she moved her hand to wake her sleeping beauty up.

Momo woke up slowly and leapt up, eyes wide, she proceeded to smother Dahyun in kisses and cuddles regardless of who may walk past the room. Dahyun tried to giggle but was dry so her voice caught and she had to cough a little to clear it, Momo helped her drink some water and sat back down, smiling widely, the tracks of old tears ran through her foundation and Dahyun couldn't help but feel a little guilty.

"Don't do that to me again Dahyun!!, I don't want to lose you, pabo!", a mock punch landed softly on her shoulder as Momo was on the verge of tears again, wrapping her arms around Dahyun's neck she kissed her cheek and sighed, exhausted but relieved. Dahyun suddenly felt the IV line in her arm and grimaced, she hated needles at the best of times but she supposed the doctors had their reasons for keeping her hydrated, ironic since she'd almost drowned.

Suddenly all too aware of her missing phone, she looked at Momo and asked if it had been rescued too. Momo said it hadn't since it was so dark and nobody knew it was missing but not to worry about it. Dahyun closed her eyes in embarrassment and opened one to look at Momo as she asked the question that was occupying her mind at present.

"Did erm...did you get my messages?..", Momo looked serious and Dahyun instantly regretted asking, if only the pillow beneath her head would envelope it and she could escape the answer waiting for her. There was silence as Momo's expression didn't change but all the same, Dahyun closed her eyes and cursed at herself silently, apparently not quietly enough because Momo giggled to herself and there was a movement which suggested she had moved away from Dahyun.

Stupid! stupid! stupid!, what was I thinking?, Dahyun was glad that Momo couldn't hear her thoughts and she was about to open her eyes again and apologise profusely until she felt soft lips on hers and melted into the bed, heart beating so fast it would surely explode out of her chest, she heard the heart rate monitor beep faster and she frowned as it gave her excitement away but seconds later, the kiss was broken and she opened her eyes as Momo whispered in her ear.

"Yes Dahyun, I got your messages.."