Secret's Out

Special Delivery

"Can we go in yet?..her mother left already and Mina went to the toilet soooo...?", Dahyun's head popped up between Sana and Nayeon as she stood on tip-toe to see in through the door, she hated being one of the smallest of all nine of them but I guess it didn't matter how small or tall you were when one of your friends was hurt. She felt sadness at the thought of what Momo must be going through and nudged her way through the other six girls to the front. Opening the door a crack, she smiled as her friend looked at her and waved for them to enter.

Dahyun cursed at them all loudly as they almost knocked her over pushing past her, it was highly uncivilised behaviour in a hospital. She walked over to Momo slowly and greeted her like the rest had done minutes ago, the chatter that ensued was too loud and too much for Momo to handle so Dahyun cleared unnecessarily loudly and got everyone's attention, telling them that they should talk one at a time and wait their turn or she'd personally throw them out. A second passed in silence before Momo giggled and Dahyun was shrouded in patronising cuddles, feeling the odd pinch of her cheeks and the nicknames 'Tofu' and 'Dubu' in cutesy voices.

Pouting sulkily, she made for a chair and sat down with folded arms, she watched the others fussing over Momo and noticed Chaeyoung was caressing her cheek while nobody was looking, had Jeongyeon been right in what she had said the night of the party?, was there something going on between them?. Her train of thought left her in a daydream state that was only interrupted by Mina's sudden re-entry, she was holding a glass of water and walked over to place it on Momo's bedside table.

There it was again, Dahyun was almost a hundred percent convinced she wasn't imagining the small glances and prolonged touches between Chaeyoung, Mina and Momo but now was neither the time nor the place to address the questions or situation so she sat quietly as the day rolled on and the girls said goodbye to Momo beofre filtering out one by one, leaving her sat there with only Momo and Mina for company. She felt nerves sizzling beneath her skin as she stood up, almost on autopilot and walked over to the bed, she was going to say something, this was it.

Momo looked up and smiled as Dahyun approached, tapping Mina lightly to get her attention too. Both sets of eyes on her, Dahyun's voice caught a little in before stumbling out.

"I know your secret..", her eyes flicked between them and almost in confirmation without words, she saw them both flush and search each other's face for answers.