The Truth

Special Delivery

Sharp pains were stabbing rapidly at Jeongyeon's heart as she struggled for breath, sitting bolt upright, she took huge gasps of air and rubbed the water from her eyes, she'd fallen asleep in the bath and momentarily slipped under the water. She cursed at herself for her own carelessness and looked around the bath at the now drenched floor, she scowled as she realised she'd have to be extra careful getting out and use the towels she had brought in to dry her body and hair instead on the small pool of water on the floor.

Stepping one foot out, she gripped the bath and hoped her foot was planted firmly as she lifted her other leg out and hastily placed it on the ground too, her knuckles white from her tight grip on the side of the tub. Pulling the plug out, she reached for the towels and dropped them on the floor around her, stepping onto them, she made a makeshift mop and swished the towels around to soak up the water.

Oh crap, you idiot Jeongyeon, now you need new towels to dry off and there aren't any more in here, sometimes she honestly hated how dumb she could be in these situations. Now she had to think, did she risk it and make a call to one of the others to bring towels?, no, that would only incite a running joke between the rest of them and she couldn't stand being a joke to anyone. That did it, she'd have to make a run to one of the bedrooms and grab a towel from the closet, now she just had to psych herself up to open the door even.

Ok Jeongyeon, deep breaths, open the door, whip around the corner and into Mina's room, simple. It was anything but simple, she didn't have body confidence at the best of times but being in someone else's apartment whilst four of your friends, including your crush, were there was a nightmare and she felt her heartbeat rise as she imagined how badly this could go. She needed to do it though so she took a few deep breaths, opened the door a crack and peeked out to see if anyone was in the living room or the kitchen but she saw nobody and was a little less scared, almost given a small shot of confidence by her solitude in the current situation.

Sidling out of the room, she closed her eyes and kept herself facing the wall, if anyone came in now then all they'd see would be her skinny pasty . Her wet feet leaving faint outlines of where they had been a second ago and a few drops of water trickled down her back as she found the door handle to Mina's room and turned it, the door opened  smidgeon and she squeezed inside.

Back against the wall as she quietly closed the door behind her, her eyes opened wide as she looked at the bed, if she hadn't been so self conscious about her own then she would have most definately made some sort of audible noise at the sight of both Mina and Chaeyoung, both as as her, entangled in each other's limbs but asleep. What exactly had Jeongyeon stumbled upon and why had her legs suddenly turned to jelly just at the wrong time. She was frozen in disbelief and so she stood there wondering what to do whilst water slowly soaked into Mina's carpet.