First Day, Again..

Special Delivery

Dahyun dragged her feet a little as she walked her familiar route through the maze of desks and cubicles to her own. Chaeyoung followed behind, trying to look at everything as they walked and taking note of things like the route they had taken in and where the floor manager's office was, just in case Dahyun wasn't there at any point in the day. The desk next to Dahyun's had been empty for a while and she indicated that it was now Chaeyoung's. Sighing heavily, she looked at her desk and then at Chaeyoung who was waiting for further instruction, the sight of the latter made her smile because Chaeyoung reminded her of an eager puppy waiting for food. "Ok, so you can personalise your desk only a little so you don't get distracted from work, ok?. I have this cork board for my personal pictures and things, as you can see, Momo has the centre spot because she is the most important thing to me in the world. Also, feel free to buy your own cup and keep it at your desk when you're not using it. Oh and I personally keep a snack drawer so if you need some, please use one of these sticky notes to tell me what you had so I can replace it. I think that's everything. I'll go and get the manager to tell you what work to do, stay here Miss Son.". Dahyun grinned as she used Chaeyoung's formal title and walked over to the manager's door, tapping softly before entering and closing it behind her. Chaeyoung was smiling now, but she was still extremely nervous, until her phone buzzed and made her jump. She read the text message and her heart leapt: 'Chae baby, don't worry, you'll do great!. I miss you and I love you so much, love from your little penguin Xx'.

It was like a maze, Momo felt like she had been walking around for hours before anyone appeared and when they did, she nearly jumped out of her skin and yelled at them. It was a short man, he was only a couple of inches taller than she was which was small for a man, but he had a friendly face with a warm smile and so she walked over to him and introduced herself, asking where she should go as she was new to the department. The man introduced himself as Lee Jihoon and bowed politely before leading her to exactly where she was meant to be before he left to go back to his own work. it was noisy in the production room and she could see everyone wearing ear protection, covering her ears with her hands, she walked over to an open office door and peeked inside, smiling at the manager. "Hello Sir, My name is Hirai Momo and i've been sent to work in your department. Where would you like me to start?.". Momo tried to keep her voice pleasant and her smile wide until she had the chance in a few hours to go home and be with the person who was making her heart ache right now. Her squishy Dubu was on another floor with Chaeyoung and although she tried to suppress the jealousy she was feeling, it made her stomach ache and so she spent the rest of her shift accidentally scowling at all of her coworkers until the bell rang and the conveyor belt stopped at the end of their shift. Waiting just outside the main entrance to the building, she almost jumped right out of her skin as Dahyun wrapped her arms around her waist and rested her face in the cold skin on the back of her neck. "I missed you so much today, Chae shouted at me and I just wanted to shout right back but I didn't because I wanted to be good for you so we can still bump into each other in the canteen and stuff. How was your afternoon honey?". Momo sighed softly and smiled as she turned to face Dahyun, the truth was that she had had an awfully boring afternoon and had spent all of it snapping at everyone within earshot. Somehow her girlfriend picked up on the vibes and squeezed her tighter, she nuzzled her nose against Momo's for a second to give her an eskimo's kiss and looked around just in time to see Mina and Chaeyoung walking towards them through the atrium with linked arms like female friends always do. As the taxi cab pulled up and the driver beeped his horn impatiently, all four women looked at each other and laughed, they may work in a place where they were just colleagues and friends but at the end of the day, they all knew they were truly going home as lovers and no bad shift could ever take that away from them.