Crisis Averted

Special Delivery

Hands moved quickly over her and temporarily obscured the overly bright flourescent lighting in the ambulance which was hurting her eyes. Eyelids closed but doing little to help, the thin film of skin merely changing the white light into a light redish orange, opening her eyes slowly, she didn't move as voices chatted amongst themselves and she felt the bumps of road beneath the wheels as they pulled in the ambulance bay at the hospital.

A strong gust of cold wind rushed in as the doors were opened and she was wheeled out and into the hospital a little less than carefully. Mina and Chaeyoung were already in the waiting area along with Mrs Harai as Momo arrived and was wheeled to a room. She hated to see her mother upset and looked away just as tears welled up in her eyes, more prodding and poking ensued from the doctors and nurses as she was given an IV drip and told to rest before everyone left, closing the door behind them and leaving her in absolute silence for a momoent or two.

Allowing herself to close her eyes but wincing at the pain she'd only just remembered in her head, she grimaced but fell asleep nonetheless, it was a bizarre dream that captured her and decided to play on a frustrating loop with all of her friends making a cameo at least once. How odd it was to see both her lovers being openly affectionate and the others not batting an eye at the pda whilst Momo herself could feel her dream self and her real life self blush hard. She had one question she knew she could never ask and would therefore never get an answer to, why the hell was everyone ?.

It must have been a few hours later when her eyes opened to a now dark but artificially lit room, her mother had fallen asleep in the chair beside her and Momo was thankful for small mercies on that front. Mina was stood outside awkwardly like a prom date waiting for his girl. Momo had to hold her laughter as the sudden image of her mother as some sort of guard dog popped into her mind. Signalling for Mina to enter but making sure she knew to be quiet, she smiled and found herself genuinely happy for the company, she accepted the flowers as silently as the crinkly cellophane would let her.

She was about to pull Mina closer when the guard dog fidgeted beside her and she could have sworn she heard a warning snarl. Puting the flowers down and holding out her arms, she embraced Mina for a long minute, stealing a cheek peck and giggling quietly to herself, after all, she was glad Mina wasn't like in her dream, that was one conversation she didn't need with her mother thank you very much.