Mixed Emotions

Special Delivery

Jeongyeon came back into the room from the kitchen and looked around, her eyes now fully open and her brain fully functioning. Looking at the other three girls in the room, she frowned, puzzled as she wondered where Dahyun had gone. After a moment and after listening to the other girls chatting between themselves, she almost yellled, to be heard over the giggling.

"Hey guys?...Where's Dahyun gone??...she was here a minute ago...did she go to the bathroom or something?..", it was a while before anyone else spoke and she rolled her eyes when she got no reply aside from a fewshrugs and no attempt to go looking for her friend. Taking her phone out of her pocket, Jeongyeon dialled Dahyun's number and sighed when there was no answer, a finger in her other ear and her face screwed up against the cocophany of chattter in the background.

Breathing heavily, a single tear streaking it's way down her cheek as she thought about what to say to the others when she eventually went back inside. Come to think of it, why was she still alone out here?, she thought maybe Jeongyeon at least would have noticed her abscence by now but she remained alone as her phone buzzed mercilessly in her pocket and she closed her eyes, her head swimming with a thousand thoughts and potential conversations. Finally she snapped out of it and took her phone out of her pocket, glancing at her friend's name, she took a deep breath to steady her voice and wiped away the tear before answering.

"Jeong?, what's up?...yeah i'm just outside, needed some fresh air for a sec..i'll be in in a sec, try not to miss me too much", she hung up and then realised how rude she must have sounded and cursed at herself, Jeongyeon would remember and ask her what was wrong, she was very inquisitive like that, it was a frustrating quality. Putting her phone back into her pocket, she took a few deep breaths and opened the door, a tangle of arms wrapped around her as she wallked in and she was covered in friendly pecks, confused for a second, she stood there bewildered and frowned, looking between the girl's faces. What had Jeongyeon told them? why the kisses?.

"SAENG IL CHUK HA HAM NI DA!!....", now she understood, she'd forgotten her own birthday in all this mess and now she sobbed as her friends produced a cake and continued to sing to her loudly.

"SAEING IL CHUK HA HAM NI DA..SARANG HA NEUN DUBU//HEUNG BU SHI..SAENG IL CHUK HA HAM NI DA!!", the end of the song was meet by raucous cheering and a barrage of new kisses and for a moment, Dahyun happily forgot why she had been sad in the first place, until the girls moved away towards the kitchen for cake and the chatter began again, now she noticed the closeness between them and the subtle signs that went unnoticed to anyone unsuspecting and it made her jealous in an ugly way.

Resisting the urge to throw the cake across the room, she made all the effort necessary for the others to be satisfied but as soon as they had all gone bed, she lay awake and restless, should she confront one of them with what Jeongyeon had told her or just let it go and be left to think on it forever?. It was a hard decision but always at the back of her mind, there was a desire to see if Momo would respond to her appearing in her room and trying to sleep with her. That would be a decision made easier if she had someone to ask, but no, she was lone and she really needed to pee.

Creeping along the room, weaving in and out of the girls who had all fallen asleep in a messy mound on the floor and sofa alike, all except Momo and Mina, who had managed to get to the bedroom, Momo opting for the chair in Mina's room. Finding the bathrrom proved easy and quick but bumping into the one person she hadn't prepared for, was difficult, she swallowed hard as she came face to face with a sleepy Momo, thinking about her options in this situation and similarly thinking about the consequences of not acting, she put a finger up to Momo's lips and sushed her as the two backed into the small bathroom and were alone for the first time that night.

Either her sheer sleepiness or the fact that Dahyun had acted so suddenly had stunned Momo into silence and not a word came from her lips, Dahyun's finger gently moving away as her body pressed against Momo's softly, it was now or never for her and she lent forwards and kissed Dahyun's lips deeply, closing her eyes and wrapping arms around her neck. Neither girl giving a thought to the door slowly opening or the flash of the camera that Jeongyeon had brought with her. In an instant they broke apart and their silent faces a stark contrast to Jeongyeon's evil grin of satisfaction, she had finally gotten the proof she wanted all along.