Dinner And The Future

Special Delivery

Stopping to sit temporarily on a bench, she puffed out her cheeks and felt her old age to catch up with her, she wasn't ancient but she was no spring chicken either so e few minutes rest would suffice until she could set off back to her granddaughter's apartment. The traffic had picked up considerably and the foot traffic had done similar and she watched as people rushed by on their journey into work or their errands for home or even to go home after a night shift.

Mina looked at the clock and admitted to herself that she was a little worried for her grandma who had been gone for quite a while, her brow crease with concern and Chaeyoung walked over to comfort her quickly, seeing her frowning saddened Chaeyoung as she cuddled Mina close and reassured her that her grandmother would be ok and would most likely be back any moment now. Sure enough, the door unlocked and she shuffled inside just as the last words left Chaeyoung's lips and they both smiled at her timing and the knowledge of her safety.

Placing two carrier bags on the kitchen counter, Mrs Terao started to unpack when Mina stopped her and took over, the old lady chcuckled and struggled to lift herself onto a stool, Momo arriving just in time to help her at the end and she received a smile in thanks. Moving around to the other side of the counter, Momo put on an apron and started to get pans and utensils alike out of the various cupboards and drawers they lived in. Chaeyoung had also located an apron and was fastening it as Mina finished putting away the food they wouldn't need and seperating the food they would be preparing now.

"Why are you like this Chae?, it's not difficult to tie, come here", Mina pulled on the apron strings and spun Chaeyoung around as she wrapped them around her waist once and fastened them at the front, their faces inches away as Mrs Terao chuckled to herself. Chaeyoung found a tiny sliver of bravery and pecked Mina's lips to which Mina scolded her but blushed fiercely regardless.

"You two are so cute together, like an old married couple. Let me help you girls with lunch, i'll make everything you like.", Mina sighed at her grandmother and shook her head as she turned to face her. Momo insisted that they were fine and they didn't need help since it was their treat for her cooking breakfast for them. Sitting back a little, she almost lost her balance and was grateful when she felt her fall broken by gentle hands.

Dahyun had just walked into the living room and like an action hero saving his girl, she caught Mrs Terao at the last second. Helping her down from the stool, they went to sit on the sofa and Dahyun listened as once again Mina's youth stories were told in great detail. Mina grimaced at all the possibilites of embarrasssment that Dahyun must now be savvy to thanks to her grandma but she felt Chaeyoung's lips on her neck and smiled at the affection. "Don't worry honey, i'm sure she's not embarrassing you at all. Even so, it's your past and you should focus on me right now, because I, Miss Myoui, am your one and only future and I am going nowhere without you. I love you so much.".