A Welcome Interrruption?

Special Delivery

Closing the gap between their lips slowly, still staring into each other's eyes, both girls felt as though their hearts were beating out of their chests like a cartoon until a knock at the door stopped them and they sprang apart. Minablushed at the almost moment they had just had as she walked to open the door, leaving Momo to carry on unboxing things. Looking through the spy hole in the door, she put her back against it and gasped, thoughts of moments before rushing through her memory as she thought of the girl stood on the opposite side of the door. How could she pretend everything was ok with Chaeyoung when there was always a heart string being tugged by Momo?.

"Hello? Mina?..it's Chaeyoung from the pizza place..are you home?", the words were sweeter than the softest harmony to Mina's ears and she pressed a hand to the door as she turned to look through the door at her crush. Momo had noticed the delay in opening the door and shouted through it from across the room.

"Mina's in the bathroom right now but she'll be only a moment, sorry to make you wait" , all the while she was reassuring the stranger outside, she glared at Mina for being rude and muttered to her to open the door and let her new girlfriend in. What felt like decades later to Chaeyoung was in fact only minutes before the door opened and that pretty girl, who she had been greeted by in her slippers before, was more awake and more dressed to greet her again, although Chaeyoung had to hold in a giggle at her red cheeks. Looking past Mina, she could see the owner of the voice from before and smiled in acknowledgement. The smile was not returned and Chaeyoung sensed a little hostility as the other girl strode off into another room and closed the door.

"Please, won't you come in Chaeyoung?..would you like a hot drink?", it was like being greeted by a friendly receptionist in a posh office, except receptionists were never this pretty and most of them were very snobbish. Awkwardly she followed Mina into the kitchen as she said she would love a cup of coffee, her eyes darting around and then settling on Mina's back in front of her. They stopped and she leaned comfortably against a counter watching Mina search through various boxes before she set up a kettle and found everything else she would need: 2 cups, a spoon and the sugar she had packed. After filling the kettle and making the drinks, she cursed at herslef, she had forgotten milk but what to do?, it was impolite to leave her guest and even worse if she asked Chaeyoung to go to the shop for her. Maybe Momo? but where was she?, she stood puzzled for a second before her new friend interjected.

"No milk?, should we go and get some?..or maybe..", Chaeyoung stepped closer and put her arms around Mina, whispering in her ear. "..maybe we should skip the drinks altogether.."