Mother's Intuition

Special Delivery

"What's so funny Mina?, care to share with the family?", Mina's mother was wide-eyed and looking directly at her daughter, arms folded in anger because Mina would not put her phone down for even a second and now she was texting and lauging in front of her grandmother who had travelled so far to see them. Putting her phone away and bowing apologetically to everyone in the room, Mina blushed a little and made sure to engage herself in the cooking which she had been roped into by her mother but she secretly enjoyed doing with her grandmother.

A small vibration ran along her thigh and she wanted so desperately to read the new message from Chaeyoung but she would no longer risk the wrath of her mother and so she resolved to call her girlfriend later and explain. Helping to roll the gimbap, she watched as her mother tended to all the other dishes that were cooking on top of their too small oven and she let her mind wander to exactly what awaite her when she got home tomorrow.

"So Mina, you have a boyfriend yet?, you're at the age to get married sweetie, then you can make me a grandma.", Mina rolled her eyes and looked at her grandmother who was looking at her sympathetically whilst she stirred the partially cooked rice. Making her excuses to leave, much to her mother's annoyance, she whipped her phone out of her pocket as she walked to the bathroom and called Chaeyoung. Locking the door behind her, she grinned as the one person in the world she wished would swoop in and save her picked up the phone.

Silently, Mina's mother crept closer to the bathroom door, having successfully followed her without being busted and leant her hear on the wood. Covering so her breathing wouldn't be heard, she punched the air in victory at her newfound intel on her daughter's love life as she crept back to the kitchen under the pretnce of needing to fetch something from her bedroom but returning with nothing to show. Her mother wasn't stupid, she had done the exact same thing when she had wanted to know about her daughter's love life and she chuckled to herself to see the tradition passed down.

"Ok baby, ok...yeah, yes, ok ok..I need to go now...I love you too, ok bye.", Mina sighed as she hung up the phone and emerged from the bathroomas she secreted her phone into her pocket and walked back through to the kitchen to be confronted once again with her mother's folded arm stance and a grinning grandma. Looking confused, she searched her grandmother's face for clues but the older woman just resumed her stirring and paid no attention to her granddaughter.

"Mina...why didn't you tell me you have a boyfriend?, i'm so happy for you sweetheart, my baby has a boyfriend and it won't be long before the wedding and the babies...", her mother was now singing a little as she carried on cooking and left Mina stood bewildered in the kitchen and wondering exactly what her mother would think if she really knew the truth of things.