Discharged

Special Delivery

A few days in hospital flew by as Dahyun recovered and had multiple visits from her friends who were apparently trying to fatten her up with the constant snacks they brought. She didn't mind though because Momo hardly left her side and when they were alone, after even Dahyun's mother had left, they held hands and talked about anything and everything until the early hours, neither one fo them wanting to go to sleep. One morning, the curtains were flung open and Dahyun's eyes snapped open as the light hit her and the warmth of the sun permeated her skin.

"Good morning Miss Kim, today you will be discharged, when you're ready, please pay your bill at the front desk", Dahyun smiled through the nurse's greeting and nodded at the last part, wishing that her mother had paid rather than leave her with what was likely to be a hefty bill. Momo must have noticed because she squeezed her hand affectionately and told her not to worrry before saying she needed the toilet and leaving the room.

When she returned, after what felt like a decade, she was accompanied by the nurse who made sure all monitor clips and the IV were removed correctly before smiling and leaving them to it. Momo bowed to her and sat back down after drawing the curtains so that Dahyun could get changed, turning around to give her some privacy. Moments later and Dahyun was dressed, Momo's chivallry had made her giggle and she rewarded her with a back hug and a peck on the cheek with she saw her blush at in the reflection of the window.

They stood for a few minutes, Momo turning to face Dahyun as they embraced, well aware that she was subconciously holding her up in case of collapse. She needn't worry as Dahyun felt extra strong whilst her Momo was with her, both girls smiled as they stood there and didn't even notice Dahyun's mother enter until she cleared to get their attention and they slowly broke apart.

"Dahyun, honey, are you ready to go home?, your father just arrived and he's in the car waiting", Dahyun's happiness it seemed was short lived and she made to walk towards her mother before her hand was grabbed by Momo and she whipped around in surprise. What was she doing?, if she went in for the kiss now, what would her mother say?, she'd be disowned for certain, she silently begged Momo to stop and it seemed her telepathic messages were heard becuase she stepped no closer or made any move to suggest anything was going on between them.

"Mrs Kim, if it's ok with you and Mr Kim, could Dahyun maybe stay at my apartment?, i'll take good care of her and make sure she eats well I promise."

Mrs Kim stood for a moment and looked to be thinking very hard until a small smile spread across her face and she gently embraced her daughter before agreeing to Momo's request. Handing over the box of food she had prepared to Momo, she hugged both girls one last time and walked out of the room. Dahyun was the first to move and she shocked Momo by kissing her lips fully, knocking the breath out of her.

"Come on Miss Kim, let's get you home...oh and I paid the bill, don't worry, we'll work out a way you can repay me", Momo laughed a little maniacally as she took Dahyun's hand again and they made their way out of the hospital and into the warm summer air.