Safety In Numbers

Special Delivery

"How the..? Who...?", the words were barely a mumble as they fell out of Mina's mouth, they were all watching a badly edited mix of what looked like grainy CCTV footage of them all as they travelled around in public. Someone had been following them around and now they'd sent their hard work as a stalker to let them all know that none of them were safe.

The lights had gone on outside as it went from day to night but none of the girls moved from the spot they were sitting in to close the curtains. Blinking through scared tears as she numbly stood up and ejected the disc, Chaeyoung regretted ever putting it in so enthusiastically in the first place and apologetically put the box, which now contained the DVD once more, on the table and sat down as they all stared at it.

Taking a deep breath, Jeongyeon was the first to stand up and stared determinedly at the rest of them in turn, her voice firm as she forced a smile. "We'll be ok, don't worry. As long as we travel with someone from now on then we'll be safe, ok?. Let's get some sleep and in the morning, I'll go to the police and take the DVD to show them, maybe they can help...Get some sleep and i'll stay on the sofa if that's ok Minarin?". It was as though she was a soldier and they were all her troops, they went about getting dressed for bed and two-by-two, they closed their bedroom doors, Mina handing her a duvet and a pillow with a weak smile before her door clicked closed behind her.

Jeongyeon silently walked to the front door and made sure it was locked, crossing the room, she pulled the curtains closed and turned the light off, sighing to herself as she put the pillow at on end of the sofa and lay down before pulling the duvet over herself. Thoughts of the footage they had just watched ran through each and every girl's head as they tried their hardest to sleep. She wasn't sure but Jeongyeon could have sworn she had heard them click their bedroom door locks closed and it made her suspicious of what they were doing exactly.

Closing her eyes, she had the mental image of the pairs of girls snuggled up together for safety and she felt the jealousy rise in her until she was scowling in her semi sleepy state because she of course was all alone and had no chance of telling her crush how she felt. Her heart ached for a second and her hand went up to cover it until it subsided and she imagined the unlikely eventuality she actually hoped would happen between them. If only it wasn't for her.