Busted

Special Delivery

Nobody made eye contact as Mina's words sank in, how would it work?, what would they tell their friends if all of a sudden the three of them were housemates?. Chaeyoung went to say something, opening but closing it slowly, Mina grimaced a little as she had let her hopes rise in anticipation of an answer and now had to feel them deflate slowly like a balloon with a small hole.

"Where would we sleep?", it was Momo who spoke up eventually, her face a little puzzled but Mina could see that Chaeyoung must have been thinking a similar thing as she also looked at Mina intently. After a moment, Mina was about to answer when there was a knock at the door, getting up to answer it, she silently cursed whoever was on the other side. Pulling the door open a little too forcefully, it swung open with a gust of wind and Dahyun jumped a little, shuffling backwards with fright.

"Oh, mianhae, I forgot my own strength, come in.", Dahyun froze for a second, unsure whether entering Mina's home was safe after she'd almost ripped the door off it's hinges. She let the apartment owner lead the way and followed slowly, spotting Momo on the couch and accidentally ignoring Chaeyoung as she made a mad dash at her previously hospitalised friend, wrapping her arms around her neck and playfully kissing her face all over.

Mina and Chaeyoung watched the whole debacle with mouths agape, what had gotten into Dahyun?. She seemed to come to her senses and let go of Momo, blushing a little and shyly shuffling round the sofa to sit down. She had forgotten her restraint for a moment and hoped she could cover it up as just being happy that her frined was feeling better with her usual eye-smile. It worked, Mina and Chaeyoung exchanged a quick glance and then both their expressions relaxed.

"I'll make drinks, coffee everyone?, Chae, come help me?", Mina's eyes flicked frantically between Chaeyoung and the kitchen as if suggesting that Chaeyoung wasn't quite moving fast enough for her liking. Immediately grateful for the excuse to leave the now slightly awkward living room for the respite of the kitchen, Chaeyoung walked with Mina and smiled, whispering in her ear as they got close.

"What you asked earlier, it's a yes from me...buuut...we have to fix up a bedroom with two extra beds for when people come over, just so they think we sleep seperately.", Mina knew she was right but in her mind she was already wondering how much it would all cost and sighing at the thought but Chaeyoung interjected with the offer to pay for her own bed and bedding, even suggesting that if Momo couldn't afford hers, she would pay for it. Mina smiled and let her hand touch Chaeyoung's under the counter, her heart skipping a beat at the contact, albeit brief.

Dahyun shouted from the living room to ask what was taking so long, making them both jump and let go of each other's hand subconciously. Smiling they finished making the coffees and rejoined the other two, handing them out, Mina could see Momo looking a little worried and she frowned with concern, what had Dahyun said to make her like that?, she wished she could tell Dahyun to leave her lover alone but then she didn't want the awkward questions after so she simply took out her phone and sent a text whilst pretending to browse her Instagram.

Momo's phone buzzed and Mina's heart stopped as she saw it light up between her and Dahyun, the latter looking at the screen and immediately looking between Mina and Momo accusingly. They were busted, Mina knew it, Momo knew it and Dahyun was silently seething for the first time in her life as she kept thinking of what she'd seen. Momo had saved Mina's name in her phone as: 'My Baby Minari'.