No Help At All

Special Delivery

"I understand that Officer Park but i'm worried for my friend's safety. Is there absolutely nothing you can do?, give the disc to forensics and have them swab for fingerprints?", Jeongyeon hated to sound so desperate and needy but she wasn't prepared to sacrifice her freedom for beating up this cocky little man as he smirked at the helpless woman in front of him.

"Look Miss..Yoo was it?, even if I gave it to forensics, there must be a million fingerprints on the disc by now, mostly from your friends. There's really nothing we can do for you except tell you that you should make sure all doors and windows are locked while you're not at home, and of course when you go to sleep, and to not travel alone. Is there anyone with you now, or would you like me to get a colleague to you home safely?", his arrogance dripped from his every pore as a smile spread across his face. Jeongyeon stood up and snatched the DVD back before turning and walking towards where Momo had just appeared from her visit to the toilet.

Frowning at the back of the familiar dress that he remembered buying her last summer, Officer Park watch the two girls leave, staring after Momo and grinning to himself at the thoughts now popping into his head.

It was an odd coincidence that they all managed to arrive home at the same time, Jeongyeon staying at the apartment and sleeping on the sofa out of an odd sense of duty, she thought of herself as an honrary man in such occassions and loved the responsibility she had now to protect her girls from the DVD ert. She watched now as they all went about depositing their shopping in their rooms and Mina put the food into the fridge that her mother had sent.

"So the police weren't any help Jeongie?, what did they say?", Chaeyoung's voice sounded from her room as she and Momo emerged together in an odd 'joined-at-the-hip' moment. Jeongyeon giggled as she saw it but kept it quiet as she answered. Everyone coming to sit around her and each sipping a cold drink as they looked at her.

"Some jerk, Officer Park, made it seem like I was overreacting and told me that even if they recovered any fingerprints, they'd probably be ours anyway..jiralhanae!. He suggested exactly what we've been doing anyways, what a waste of time!", they all bristled at her tone of voice as she almost shouted the last part but they understood her frustration at the apparently incompetent police officer and they all hugged her before getting up and making sure that the windows and door were locked tight and going into the kitchen to prepare dinner. They were huddled together before suddenly shouting and making her jump.

"Thank you Yoo Jeongyeonie, our protector and saviour!"