The Task At Hand

Special Delivery

Walking back into the living room, they all had a moment of silent thought until they sighed as a collective at the fact that there were so many boxes to unpack still, how much stuff did Mina actually own?. No sound was uttered as they all started moving boxes around, opening them and rooting through Mina's belongings, occassionally earning themselves a frown from her. Soft crunching eminated from the kitchen and Mina turned to look at Ray as if he'd be the culprit but instead saw Dahyun sat cross-legged on the counter chomping on cereal straight from the box, stepping between giggling friends, Mina snatched the box away and ignored her newly sulking friend.

"Sorry Minari..I was hungry..", Mina couldn't stay angry at that adorable face, she smiled as her friend unfurled her legs and hopped down from the counter, starting to help unpack boxes, time passed faster as they all shared stories of their friendship and memories they were particularly fond of. Before they knew it, it had started to get dark outside, the windows were shut and the curtains were drawn but they carried on regardless. Chaeyoung bid them goodnight as she got dressed and left for home, telling them she had to get a good night's rest before work in the morning.

One by one her friends followed Chaeyoung's example and got dressed, leaving after letting Mina know they had had a great sleepover and they would definately be up for doing it again soon. Smiles and hugs were passed between them all as they left but there was a subtle menace in Jeongyeon's goodbye and she seemed to hug Momo that fraction too long which made it a little uncomfortable. Momo frowned as Jeongyeon left, smiling to Mina but clearly scowling at Momo right up until the door snapped shut behind her.

"Should we order takeaway Moguri?, want some Tteokbokki?", Mina hadn't noticed that Momo was standing still as a statue when she asked but as she looked up, her face showed real concern for her friend. Swaying on the spot, Mina only just caught her as she collapsed into her arms. Had she been that tired?, she had slept hadn't she?, what was wrong with her?.

Unable to pick Momo up, Mina repeatedly apologised for having to drag her to the bed and drop her onto the mattress. Ray was following them and whimpered a little in sympathy of Momo's sudden plight. As Mina covered her in a blanket and made sure her head was elevated a little but still comfortable on a pillow. Should she call a doctor?, She didn't know Momo's parent's phone numbers, where was Momo's phone?.

Frantically searching, she decided to call it from her own phone and save time, it rang quietly from her bag in the living room where it had been jostled around during the sleepover and ended up nearer to the kitchen. Opening Momo's phone, she would reprimand her for not having a password later, she quickly found her parent's number and dialed, after the first ring, her mother answered and asked what was wrong, why was she calling so late?. Mina answered in the calmest way she could.

"Mrs. Hirai, it's Momo's friend Mina, she's just fainted...I don't know what to do...please help..".