Excuses

Special Delivery

There was a knock at the door and knowing that her blissful few minutes were now at an end, Chaeyoung got out of bed carefully, shrugging on a dressing gown, she walked to the front door and opened it, smiling at the confused faces of the two girls stood on the other side.

"Hello, can I help you?", Chaeyoung used the same voice she employed whenever she made a delivery, noting the confusion that met her as if she had come to the door completely holding a knife. She understood after a while that the girls didn't know her and were probably here for Mina since this was her new apartment. Stepping to the side, she allowed the girls access, bowing politely as they went past her, as she shut the door she made a quick introduction and explained that she was the pizza delivery girl and she had been soaked last night so Mina had let her use the shower and she'd fallen asleep there whilst her clothes were washed and dried.

Inviting the newcomers to sit down, she bustled around making coffee and generally being noisier than she should, in the hopes that Mina or that other girl would come out and help. Suddenly her concentration lapsed as she thought and a cup fell to the floor, the sound of shattering porcelain on the tiled floor was echoing just as the bedroom door opened and Mina's head popped out enquiring as to the sudden commotion. She was about to shout at Chaeyoung for waking her up when her eyes bulged at the sight of her friends watching her.

Backing into the bedroom with a generic smile plastered across her face, she pressed herself against the newly closed door as a sleepy Momo giggled, covering her face with the sheet. If she wasn't worried about Jeongyeon and Dahyun hearing, Mina would have jumped on Momo and tickled her for her cheekiness. Scowling at the bulging sheet, she walked over and whipped it completely off of Momo's body, leaving the latter in a shivering state as she grasped for the sheet and her fingers found only the air which prickled against her skin to make it resemble that of a chicken without feathers. Mina had to stifle her own mirth for fear of being rumbled herself.

Sweeping up shards of cup isn't easy when you can feel eyes watching you but Chaeyoung did her absolute best and even managed to successfully make a drink for everyone whilst regaling the tale of Mina's kindness. When she carried the drinks over and sat down on a solid box opposite the girls, she asked their names and how long they had known Mina.

"I'm Dahyun and this is Jeongyeon, we all really met waaaaaaaaaaaaay back in 2015, sometimes it feels like we've know each other all our lives but sometimes it feels like we're just meeting..we do so many things together, we're like sisters really"

Chaeyoung like the new girls, especially the blonde one, Dahyun, she'd have to remember that name. She nodded her acknowledgement throught the whole thing and made sure to smile, remembering to switch her gaze between the two so as not to seem creepy. Thankful for the interruption, she turned to face the bedroom door as Momo emerged, fully dressed but groggy, what would the girls say?, was it normal for so many people to sleep over at Mina's?.

There was a muffled clatter of boxes and a few choice curse words as Mina also appeared in the room with her hair messy and a shirt on, buttoned up wrong. So many nervous glances were passed between them before Jeongyeon, who had been silent this whole time as she sipped her hot coffee, suddenly burst out laughing and all eyes turned to her. Swallowing her latest mouthful, she grinned and kept steady eye contact with Mina, was she about to spill the beans?, did she even know anything?. Mina could hear her heartbeat in her ears and pressumed so could Chaeyoung and Momo.

"Isn't it obvious?..", the brunette chuckled as Dahyun looked at her for answers and the other three melted her with their burning stares. "Mina here... has been having a party without us, a pyjama party!", the tension in the air was cut quicker than it had formed and there was an almost audible sigh of relief that clearly Dahyun didn't notice, she was content with her answer but something in the way Jeongeon's eyes darted between the guilty party's faces, made them wonder if she had really not known or if she was waiting for the opportune moment to say something and blow their secret sky high.