All Together

Special Delivery

'Miss Kim, there's a package waiting for you at the front desk, please collect it at your earliest convenience. X', Dahyun giggled as she read the note and stowed it away in her skirt pocket, she was sure that no other member of staff received kisses at the end of their delivery notes and thought of how cute Momo must look at the reception desk writing everything down on her notepad and answering the phone in her adorable voice. It was minutes before Dahyun felt a soft hand on her shoulder and was pulled out of her daydream by a colleague who handed her a new small pile of paperwork for her to file on the system.

Glancing up at the clock, Momo sighed as she counted the minutes until she knew Dahyun had a break, 23 long minutes and nobody to keep her company. There should have been somebody with her on her first day to show her the ropes, but they had called in sick and the company hadn't bothered to send a replacement. She was left to her own devices but had somehow managed to successfully take down a number of messages, which she delivered to the appropriate recipients and had answered the phone in her most polite voice a few times. She smiled as she remembered even helping a few people find their destination correctly, but as much as she contented herself with the memory of her accomplishments, she still let her eyes wander over to the clock and it's slow ticking. Only 21 minutes until she could see her little ray of sunshine.

Mina walked into the office building as usual and was stunned to be greeted by a familiar face, Momo was sat smiling as she greeted Mina professionally. Both girl's hearts leapt as they saw each other and after a quick discussion about how Momo had landed the job, they parted ways. Momo sat back down, a little deflated as she wished Mina a pleasant day at work and the latter walked to the elevators to ascend to the top floor for the first time in her managerial career. Knocking politely as she slowly opened the door to the boardroom, she greeted the two other managers sat waiting for her and took her seat on the left, taking out the relevant items she would need for the morning from her bag and sitting perfectly straight in her chair as she sipped water from a glass directly in front of her.

"Next!", a loud voice echoed out of the office as three unsuccessful candidates exited looking thoroughly rejected. Chaeyoung entered the large room behind another girl who was silently answering potential interview questions and a male candidate who looked extremely nervous and kept mopping at his brow with his jacket sleeve. She sat down on the right hand chair, the other girl choosing to sit the opposite side of the sweaty male and one by one they introduced themselves, saying their candidate number and full name. The first girl said hers as though she were in the military, she was very abrupt and loud, Chaeyoung didn't think she was right for the job. Mr Sweaty mumbled his and had to repeat himself as he mopped his brow again and refused eye contact with the managers, he clearly wasn't right for the job, which menat by process of elimination, that Chaeyoung should be a perfect fit.

Mina was shuffling her papers as she looked up and made accidental eye contact with the third candidate, she almost gave herself away as she ignored the candidate's number and only heard the soft voice in front of her say her name, "Son Chaeyoung", it was like all memories flooded back to Mina and she had to gulp down some water to avoid eye contact with anyone for the entire time Chaeyoung was in the room. How was she meant to work here comfortably now?, well, it was her own fault for telling her to apply and she inwardly cursed as she watched her girlfriend walk out of the room.