An Unexpected Visit

Special Delivery

*bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzt bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzt*

"mmm...hello?, ok....i'll be right out..", Frowning at her phone, Mina got up slowly, making sure she moved the other girl's limbs without waking them. Stumbling with eyes half closed to the bathroom, she splashed her face with cold water and rubbed her eyes before hastily getting dressed in yesterday's clothes. Shuffling out of the bedroom in her slippers, she practised her smiles before opening the door to her mother. Barging past her daughter to put shopping bags on the kitchen counter and to be generally nosey around the apartment, Mrs Myoui made herself busy in the kitchen before Mina could say a word or even close the door.

It wasn't as though she wasn't happy to see her mother but if she suddenly went for an unannounced tour of the apartment and wondered into her bedroom, or if either of the sleeping girls woke up and venture into the living room, she'd be in real trouble. Thinking as she watched her mother, enduring the telling off that all parents gave their children when they visited, she decided the only thing to do was to text one of the others and hope their phone was on silent.

Typing quickly, she hastily sent an s.o.s message to both Chaeyoung and Momo, holding her breath for a minute whilst her mother started to unload box after box of pre-cooked meals and like a game of Tetris, rearrange the fridge to fit it all in, a faint vibration made her cheeks colour but nothing happened to alert her mother, she internally sighed with relief.

Heart beating fast as she heard the familiar click of the bedroom door and saw it open a crack to let Ray out, if her mother hadn't been so engrossed in what had now turned into Masterchef, she would have also seen a sleepy Chaeyoung letting the dog out and walking lazily to the bathroom. Mina's eyes widened as she watched the short trip unfold without trouble, she decided to engage her mother in conversation as this point as the toilet was flushed, through some sort of divine intervention, the pot boiling on the cooker made a huge sound as it sent water spilling over it's sides.

The walk back was as uneventful as the trip to the bathroom had been except Chaeyoung was watching Mina and mouthing an apology as she shut the bedroom door quietly behind her. Nothing else happened after that and even though she had to rush eating and catching up with her mother, Mina was almost glad to say goodbye to her as she stood at the door waving her away.

The second the front door was closed, she turned to face the bedroom door as the girls stood in the bedroom doorway, still completely and laughed. "You should have seen your face when Chae came out to use the bathroom!, i'm so glad we planned that. Mission, success!", Momo was laughing right up until the moment that Ray ran between her legs and knocked her over, her head hitting the doorframe as she lost conciousness, the last thing she felt were panicked hands pulling on clothes before she was loaded into the ambulance.