Good Morning Mrs Terao

Special Delivery

"Your grandma is so nice babe, and she's so smart. I like her", Chaeyoung whispered as they pumped more air into the mattress in the living room, Mina had given her grandmother her bed since she was elderly so here they were pumping air into a never before opened or used double mattress so that they could still sleep together. Mina had to admit that as nice as it was that her grandmother had made the long journey here, it was even nicer to feel accepted by her, she smiled back at Chaeyoung as they finished pumping and closed the vent.

Silently they put a sheet over the mattress, put pillows into casses and spread a duvet out on the bed before taking it in turns to go to the bathroom before settling in for the night after making sure the front door and the windows were locked. None of them slept any better even so long after the incident but Mina daren't tell her grandma about it and she had managed to warn her friends not to let on either, she was happy they had all kept to their word as she felt Chaeyoung's arms around her waist and she pecked her lips in response before they both fell asleep.

Momo was careful not to jar Dahyun and hurt her ribs as she moved closer, brushing a loose hair out of the sleeping girl's face as she watched her sleep for a little while. Insomnia had gripped Momo for a few weeks now but it was usually ok after a few hours and she often fell asleep watching the love of her life resting comfortably as she wondered how frequently she appeared in her dreams.

Mrs Terao woke up like she did every morning at 6:30, it was a perk of old age that she didn't mind since usually she could take a stroll to the shops without being troubled by busy streets or masses of traffic. Slowly swinging her legs off the side of her granddaughter's bed, she winced as what she called her 'old lady aches and pains' were felt at once and felt her feet touch the carpeted floor as she rubbed her eyes. She made her way to the bathroom but got lost and ended up opening Momo and Dahyun's door instead, Dahyun opened her eyes and saw the old lady, smiling she got up slowly and winced similarly to Mina's grandma minutes before.

"Oh, you have old lady aches too huh dear?, you must be an old soul. I seem to have forgotten the way to the bathroom, i'm sorry to bother you but where is it?", the old woman smiled sleepily at Dahyun who had gotten out of bed and stood next to her, they made their way silently to the bathroom and Dahyun stood outside waiting for her turn, she didn't mind the wait as she found Mina's grandmother very cute and she appreciated that old age made people slower.

Bowing politely as the woman opened the door and successfully found her way back to Mina's room, she went to the bathroom and minutes later felt her stomach rumble at a smell that could only be in her dreams as nobody would cook tteokbokki this early in the morning. Sniffing as she finished her business and left the bathroom, she saw the little old lady hard at work in the kitchen and sat down on one of the bar stools, resting her head on her hands as she smelled the yummy food.

Mina fidgeted and she and Chaeyoung sat up in unison with equally messy hair which made Dahyun laugh and Mrs Terao smiled as she became aware of everyone's presence. "You're all growing girls so you should eat properly, come and get it whilst it's hot ok?, i'll just pop to the store for a few things, you girls enjoy your meal." Momo appeared scratching her head and walked over to Dahyun, wrapping her arms around her very gently and kissing her cheek softly, she rested her head on Dahyun's back as Mina's grandmother got dressed to go out for the morning.

Thanking her they all found plates and dug into all the food, nobodoy, aside from Dahyun, had been hungry until they sat down but now they ate far too quickly and with mouthfuls of food bade Mrs Terao a safe journey and a promise of a meal for lunch, she smiled and waved as she left and started her short journey to the store which for her legs seemed to be miles away. Usually she would have been worried about Mina but what was there to worry about when she was being looked after so well?, she hummed an old tune as she turned the corner into the newly awakened sunshine and was content for the first time in days.